[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
duercos wrote:
"
duercos wrote:
Hello everyone

Any idea which modifier will be best to craft last suffix?
I'm thinking about chaos resistance... just use exalt and pray?

Guys, need your advise on that

Afaik there isn't anything else than just exalt slamming you can do.
You can also put an aspect on there, but that's about it. If you plan on upgrading your jewelry, craft spider on it, otherwise slam.
I'm considering dropping the Green Nightmare setup. The original premise made sense, frenzy charges on kill (which grant more damage and cast speed) and 3% chance to dodge attack hits are important.

But now with phase run on left click consuming those frenzy charges as soon as they proc it doesn't seem worth the passive points. Especially since phase run drops to the secondary buff (which is useless for this build) whenever I use a skill. So I find myself killing a pack or two, generating frenzy charges, then phase run consumes them, and I cast Contagion to kill the next pack, removing the phase run buff and around the cycle goes. So the frenzy charges aren't giving me much benefit at all. One last point, this build's weakness is boss killing. So any "On Kill" mods aren't guaranteed to be up when you need them most.

Now I could just drop phase run, but I really like having it for the QoL. Especially since I find myself backtracking to pick up loot.

So I'm thinking I could drop Green Nightmare and everything below Acrobatics, and pick up Transcendent Mind and Cruel Preparation. So on one side I have 20% flask recovery rate, 3% change to dodge attacks, 5% chance to evade and (useless) frenzy charges. On the other side I have 7% DoT dps and 20% increased AoE. I'd need to pick up some dex and resists on my gear, but that shouldn't be too hard. And don't forget that I'm dodge capped any time Elusive procs whether I have the 3% from Green Nightmare or not.

One last thought, if I did this, would it be worth swapping endurance charge crafts for frenzy charge crafts? Phase run ignores them, so they'd be permanently up (12% more damage and cast speed up for bosses).
@kevinbrightblade no I wouldn't craft frenzy charges instead of endurance ones because the whole point of endurance charges in this build is so you don't get 1-shot by physical damage which evasion builds tend to be weak against once evasion fails. Unless you're sure you want to swap to more glass cannon setup.

You could try withering step instead of phase run for "speed up" while backtracking, the only problem is it shares cooldown with dash / flame dash but maybe with second wind it would be fine (it's still personal preference though).
"
Viktranka wrote:
@kevinbrightblade no I wouldn't craft frenzy charges instead of endurance ones because the whole point of endurance charges in this build is so you don't get 1-shot by physical damage which evasion builds tend to be weak against once evasion fails. Unless you're sure you want to swap to more glass cannon setup.

You could try withering step instead of phase run for "speed up" while backtracking, the only problem is it shares cooldown with dash / flame dash but maybe with second wind it would be fine (it's still personal preference though).
I tried withering step for while, and then I died because I was out of flame dash charges. And that was with second wind.

Even if we don't swap min charge crafts, what do you think of Green Nightmare vs Transcendent Mind?
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Apr 23, 2020, 12:15:37 PM
Transcendent mind is a nice damage upgrade, I was under the impression you can use both (TM on witch slot and GN on ranger spot) so not sure what do you mean by one vs the other.
"
"
Viktranka wrote:

I tried withering step for while, and then I died because I was out of flame dash charges. And that was with second wind.

Even if we don't swap min charge crafts, what do you think of Green Nightmare vs Transcendent Mind?

Transcendent Mind jewel node in the top center of the tree requires a bit more investment to reach than Green Nightmare. To spec all the way up to the jewel socket you're looking at a 5 point investment, vs. 2 for Green Nightmare. If you're looking to fully de-spec out of the Herbalism wheel and toss points up into Cruel Prep, you're looking at a 7 vs 9 point allocation (assuming you grab the second 5% max life node behind Cruel Prep to keep your life total the same as before), meaning you lose a net of 2 skill points overall. At that point you're looking at de-specing further life or DPS notables most likely in order to cover the differential, easiest ones would probably be one of the ones from the 'end' of a large cluster jewel. Taking a look at those (at least in my tree) I would be a losing 4% DoT DPS in de-specing two points, on top of the situational DPS loss from not gaining frenzy charges. Basically, probably not worthwhile in my opinion as those nodes are just too far off of our main branch to be super efficient. However, you could swap out green nightmare for a well-rolled normal jewel, get more life as well as more 'always-on' DPS.
Darkxellmc thank you for the build, I've made some minor changes in the tree to incorporate unnatural instinct and large cluster jewel as it's provided me with better outcome in the end. I think I've upgraded all I could in my character. Been a great journey this league and indescribable fun - 37 challenges and 98 level reached!

This is the final result :)

For this build, I'm wondering if it's better to use a 2 passive small cluster jewel or a 3 passive one. The 3 passives will give 1% extra dodge, but is that worth the additional passive point spent?
"
For this build, I'm wondering if it's better to use a 2 passive small cluster jewel or a 3 passive one. The 3 passives will give 1% extra dodge, but is that worth the additional passive point spent?
Tbh 1 passive for 1% dodge seems like low value esp. when elusive is gonna overcap you half the time. I would pick 2-pointer except if you use life cluster then 4-5% life is worth a point imo.
"
arelil wrote:
"
"
Viktranka wrote:

Transcendent Mind jewel node in the top center of the tree requires a bit more investment to reach than Green Nightmare. To spec all the way up to the jewel socket you're looking at a 5 point investment, vs. 2 for Green Nightmare. If you're looking to fully de-spec out of the Herbalism wheel and toss points up into Cruel Prep, you're looking at a 7 vs 9 point allocation (assuming you grab the second 5% max life node behind Cruel Prep to keep your life total the same as before), meaning you lose a net of 2 skill points overall. At that point you're looking at de-specing further life or DPS notables most likely in order to cover the differential, easiest ones would probably be one of the ones from the 'end' of a large cluster jewel. Taking a look at those (at least in my tree) I would be a losing 4% DoT DPS in de-specing two points, on top of the situational DPS loss from not gaining frenzy charges. Basically, probably not worthwhile in my opinion as those nodes are just too far off of our main branch to be super efficient. However, you could swap out green nightmare for a well-rolled normal jewel, get more life as well as more 'always-on' DPS.
By my count it's nine passives to pick up the Green Nightmare set up (Jewel Socket, Survivalist, Herbalism and 6 small passives) and nine passives to pick up the Transcendent Mind setup (Jewel Socket, Cruel Preparation and 7 small passives).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info