[3.7 Legion] MF Essence Drain/Contagion Monolith Farming Trickster (SC/MF)

"
Retarjoe wrote:

You just need to complete glacier T2 and uncomplete all other T2s and T3s. Upgrade Leyline to T8 and Mausoleum to T16 or vice versa. Then you can sustain Glacier T2 no problem.

No real point in upgrading Glacier to T7.

Thanks <3
Ok, so I have an ED contagion character leveled and ungeared, and want to make one so that I can glacial farm. Unfortunately, I have very little currency (1 ex and just over 200c) and only a few of these items (Shield, weapon, and gloves). What would you say is the most important order of acquiring the gear, and then turning the gear into MF gear as I earn more money?

QotF > Goldwyrm > Ventors > Devoto's > Biscos > Amulet?
Is going crazy with aoe range gonna help to pop legion in one go?
"
Fikison wrote:
Ok, so I have an ED contagion character leveled and ungeared, and want to make one so that I can glacial farm. Unfortunately, I have very little currency (1 ex and just over 200c) and only a few of these items (Shield, weapon, and gloves). What would you say is the most important order of acquiring the gear, and then turning the gear into MF gear as I earn more money?

QotF > Goldwyrm > Ventors > Devoto's > Biscos > Amulet?

Well, only the QotF is actually "required" for the build to function properly, so as long as you get that (You can start with a 5L), you can upgrade the rest on the go as you get the currency for it. I would probably wait with Ventor's till you got everything else, as they can get quite expensive, especially if you try to balance resists with them, and for that, you want your amulet and biscos first, since they got resistances also, and you can use a Thief's Torment as a placeholder until you can afford good ventor's.

"
fGravity wrote:
Is going crazy with aoe range gonna help to pop legion in one go?

To a certain point. The amount of AoE I go for with my build should be enough to pop monoliths most times. But how the game handles monsters and effects at a certain distance, makes it so you won't be guaranteed to pop a monolith 100% of the time, regardless of how much AoE you have.

I found that the items I use to be the best optimized for Glacier Monolith farming, so if you want to try for another setup, I suggest at least trying my version so you can at least compare.
Last edited by Retarjoe on Jul 24, 2019, 10:24:06 AM
ya man thanks for the build, i've been running it for a while, making ~30ex over a weekend of lazy farming:) was just wondering if its possible to pop all legion in one go kinda like in those vids
Why we take "Escape Artist" instead of "prolonged pain" ?
Novus ordo seclorum
"
Annby wrote:
Why we take "Escape Artist" instead of "prolonged pain" ?

We take Escape Artist because we don't have much in terms of defenses on gear and tree otherwise. Escape Artist gives us a boost in ES so we can go EB and have 100% mana reservation, it gives us stun immunity and up to 18% cast and attack speed which is great for shield charging and casting ED/Con, as well as Spell Dodge, which is huge.

Prolonged Pain is a decent alternative, but it only gives damage, and we don't really lack that with the right gear setup for T2 Glaciers. And even if we wanted to push higher maps with the build, Escape Artist would still be a much better option, simply due to the defensive capability it provides in my opinion.
Started from scratch and bought my first mirror in my poe history after 8 days of non stop farm with this build.

Thank you so much!
Any tips for getting 3B2G1R on QOTF? I've spent like 3 ex on chroms and I'm ready to give up.
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Any tips for getting 3B2G1R on QOTF? I've spent like 3 ex on chroms and I'm ready to give up.

Spamming 1 blue craft from bench is your best bet (how I got it). Otherwise gambling Vorici on research for white sockets is the other option.

Or you could just use the 3 blue craft and hope for a red, but those crafts costs more.

I would recommend using the vorici calculator to see the costs and chances of hitting your colors. (Just google it)
Last edited by Retarjoe on Jul 31, 2019, 7:23:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info