[3.8] Lennorz' RF Mjölner Cyclone/Wave of Conviction Chieftain

Thoughts on using fevered mind jewels to not only up spell dmg but also mana cost - so we ensure we hit ourselves hard enough to proc things more reliably - maybe without the watcher's eye for the extra 10% conversion ??
Not a fan of fevered Mind at all. Would make it easier to proc Tasalio, yes, but that would make sustaining Cyclone much more difficult. And the Watcher's Eye is good defensively on it's own too while being relatively cheap. If you want you can try it out but I don't think it's gonna be great.
OK so I'm trying it myself - I have two fevered mind jewels and a chest that takes 15 mana cost down for socketed skills.

This means cyclone on its own is free and never procs scold's bridle, but the leap slam / shield charge / orb of storms still does.

HOWEVER - the cooler change I've made is I got enough int from my boots and gloves - along with cyclopean coil - that I don't need astramantis. So instead, I slotted in eye of innocence which procs tasalio nice and reliably whenever we ignite anyone, which happens all the friggin' time while we're hitting with wave and purifying flame (not to mention our cyclone itself). Just make sure you use controlled destruction instead of ele focus on the wave of conviction.

I'm at 86% chance to ignite without factoring in flammability and I'm only level 74 and just barely invested in ignite on the tree.

With this setup, I'm not sure we need the watcher's eye phys=>fire at all, nor am I convinced we even need scold's bridle.

The problem is I'm not sure what other helm would be even better than scold's - the huge spell dmg boost is great. I'm considering voll's vision and its huge extra life regen.. any other suggestions welcome.

I'm also looking into adding a ngamahu's sign or a vitality/on hit watcher's eye for additional life gain on hit to make no-regen/leech maps possible.
Last edited by Tamale on Jul 16, 2019, 1:49:53 PM
One more thing - I couldn't find a chest with the frenzy charge so I'm using blood rage instead. With all the extra regen of vitality (instead of precision) the extra degen hasn't been a problem, but I'm starved for sockets - (would prefer another CWDT setup now that I'm taking crazy amounts of fire dmg ALL the time).
I also just threw this together in standard with stuff I had lying around, and might actually start with this next league, or put together something similar. My armor solution, instead of the frenzy charge, was to use the essence that grants 3 seconds of Onslaught when hit. Definitely a useful option
Unwavering Stance isn't particularly necessary, by the way, because you're immune to stun during Cyclone.
I'm still playing this and have now done several Shapers and one red Elder whiteout deaths. I actually leveled up from lvl 91 to 92 while doing the Guardians/Shapers/Elder and some Delve. I barely do any map trading so reaching Shaper/Guardians before high 8X Levels is not something that i'll ever do and this was my first char that really went into red maps hard this league.
That said every level up is still very worthwhile, there are plenty of life or attackspeed/accuracy/dmg nodes to take.

I really like this build, it's not 1 to 1 the same as the OP's. Mainly i got more endurance charges and the Burning/fire Damage wheel from the tree at the cost of some HP and Jewel-Sockets because I started this on a rather.
I swap one ring slot between Death Rush for Onslaught and Malachai's for Bosses, but it's really not necessary, I did all Guardians/Shaper with just a decent rare ring that has nothing fancy on it.

As for endgame viability:
Guardians? If they don't have killer Mods and you don't plan on facetanking Minotaur or Hydras Bow-Burst, they are a joke.
A Minotaur with hard Mods can waste you very, very quickly tho but thats pretty much true for any "normal" build there is.

Elder-Guardians? These are a total pushover and i'm really not experienced with these fights, you basically insta-phase them if your double-dmg from the ascendancy is up at right time.

Shaper? Absolutely no Problem. Aside from his slam nothing is dangerous if your not just facetanking, which you aren't because your constantly moving.

Red-Elder? My Shaper died but all else he was easy and i'm really terrible and unexperienced with this fight. I actually have no clue about half the mechanics and it still went really smooth.

Uber-Elder/Aul, no clue. Never tried/spawned these with any of my chars but i guess they should be possible too if you know the fights in and out.

My chars are public, if anyone could check my Talent tree for blatant mistakes, i would be gratefull :)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcAecFLQYOBsMJ9gxfDjwRDxJpFCAUTRZvFxwYkRkuGjgaVRpsG_ocpx0UIAYj5iSqJd8m8ycvJ-0n_iqNLdIw-DNsNtg26DbpOlI6WDqUOtg7DTwtPfxHfkkbU6VVtVXGVkhXDVhjWfNfP2EhZKNlTXF5cYVyD3KpdO15sYKbg1-DzITZhO-HKY9GkFWRzpZsmv6boZ2uns2fPp_fogCkGacIpzCsmKyqrTutja7_tz677byfvTa9YMEExFjE9sYExq7G2M9-0iHVZdgk2L3ZYdq52sHjauQi6VDsVe8O73zvq-_r8Wz2SPfX-t38S_4K?accountName=aDoreMe&characterName=schubidubidududu
Dope build. Took my trash Berserker and this bad boy. Thank you!
x
Last edited by Bfbaby on Jul 28, 2019, 7:02:25 PM
"
Tamale wrote:
OK so I'm trying it myself - I have two fevered mind jewels and a chest that takes 15 mana cost down for socketed skills.

This means cyclone on its own is free and never procs scold's bridle, but the leap slam / shield charge / orb of storms still does.

HOWEVER - the cooler change I've made is I got enough int from my boots and gloves - along with cyclopean coil - that I don't need astramantis. So instead, I slotted in eye of innocence which procs tasalio nice and reliably whenever we ignite anyone, which happens all the friggin' time while we're hitting with wave and purifying flame (not to mention our cyclone itself). Just make sure you use controlled destruction instead of ele focus on the wave of conviction.

I'm at 86% chance to ignite without factoring in flammability and I'm only level 74 and just barely invested in ignite on the tree.

With this setup, I'm not sure we need the watcher's eye phys=>fire at all, nor am I convinced we even need scold's bridle.

The problem is I'm not sure what other helm would be even better than scold's - the huge spell dmg boost is great. I'm considering voll's vision and its huge extra life regen.. any other suggestions welcome.

I'm also looking into adding a ngamahu's sign or a vitality/on hit watcher's eye for additional life gain on hit to make no-regen/leech maps possible.

Possibly Hrimnor's? Not sure if you'd get frozen benefit since we trigger abilities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info