[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

"
Surfinn wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something here but why are there so many stats on your Diamond flask (from PoB)?

Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect
Removes Freeze and Chill on use
35% increased Duration
80% increased Critical Strike Chance
+50% Cold Resistance
10% increased Maximum Life
80% increased Spell Damage
15% increased Cast Speed
80% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells

EDIT: Looks like it's for a legion jewel, Elegant Hubris? Do you mind explaining this a little better?

Unfortunately, PoB does not support legion jewels. On top of that, Elegant Hubris disables minor nodes and completely changes all the others. In order to get its effects into my PoB, I skipped the passive nodes it would effect and simply pathed through a generic int node instead. Then I added the effects of the Elegant Hubris into a custom item. I put it on my flask because I was still switching around gear, but as another post has pointed out I should move it off the flask and onto some other piece of gear so it does not get boosted by "increased flask effect" modifiers.

I personally think the Elegant Hubris timeless jewels can be very powerful in the circle just to the right of shadow (Coldhearted Calculation, Lethal Assault, Resourcefullness, Fangs of the Viper) because you only have to throw away a few minor nodes to access a large number of very strong major nodes. You just have to get lucky and find one that gives you the right bonuses. I am still searching for an upgrade that would be even stronger there, I know it's possible.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jul 5, 2019, 1:37:57 AM
"
Ceveth wrote:
Also for bow crafting you should be able to fossil till you hit the mod, annul to 1 mod then craft 'Cannot Roll Attack Mods' & use a Farric Wolf for add prefix/remove suffix to exalt +1, then multmod from there.

Same idea you would use making a Visicous Proj bow

a bit yolo on the annul part
need a bit of luck to remove mods till 1 left
Yeah I think I'm gunna stick to farming low level maps until a guide and gear selection is posted. I'm getting ripped hard, but I don't know which bow and quiver to use in order to take off the tabula.

Is this build generally very squishy?

Very fun concept but I didn't realize just how good some of those items are, no way in hell am I ever getting them. I tried crafting the bow and it's freakin' hard.
"
Surfinn wrote:
Yeah I think I'm gunna stick to farming low level maps until a guide and gear selection is posted. I'm getting ripped hard, but I don't know which bow and quiver to use in order to take off the tabula.

Very fun concept but I didn't realize just how good some of those items are, no way in hell am I ever getting them. I tried crafting the bow and it's freakin' hard.

Mapping with a tabula, you will definitely be squishy. Try to switch to a Carcass Jack. That will grant you some life and ES.

If you are having difficulty crafting the bow, you can just settle on +1 socketed gems with a +2 support gems craft. So much of the damage comes from scaling fireball level, this gets you most of your dps (about 70% depending on your gear). It will still cost 2ex for that one craft, but it beats struggling until you can get a fully finished bow.
Hi,

I am not a crafting expert, but I had an idea about a budget way to craft a +3 fire gems bow. Could it work out?

- 6 link bow, ilevel 50
- use "Shrieking Essence of Rage" (Weapon: +2 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems) until you have 1 free prefix and 1 free suffix
- craft "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers" suffix (1 Exalt)
- slam with Exalt -> this should roll "+1 to level of socketed gems", right?
- remove "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers" craft
- now you have free suffix for "increased Cast Speed / arcane surge mod"

This should give lvl 28 Fireball with a lvl 21 gem and Empower 4, right?

I would still miss 20% more damage, and 2 levels on other support gems, but this is way cheaper to craft.

Last edited by boinvs on Jul 5, 2019, 5:15:20 AM
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
"
Surfinn wrote:

Mapping with a tabula, you will definitely be squishy. Try to switch to a Carcass Jack. That will grant you some life and ES.

If you are having difficulty crafting the bow, you can just settle on +1 socketed gems with a +2 support gems craft. So much of the damage comes from scaling fireball level, this gets you most of your dps (about 70% depending on your gear). It will still cost 2ex for that one craft, but it beats struggling until you can get a fully finished bow.

Thanks, I may get a +1/+2, was thinking about that. I leveled and got the +1 chain amulet, finished my ascendancy.. wow, something clicked and now im blowing through T11 like I was in the leveling process.

Thanks again for the build. Still squishy but I'll take your suggestions and see if I can step out of my tabula.

Any recommendations on a quiver? Can't afford the +1 chain yet.

This is the most fun build I've played in a long time.
Last edited by Surfinn on Jul 5, 2019, 5:55:21 AM
Rearguard quiver can help if you are feeling squishy, and it's super cheap. Otherwise look for Spike-Point quiver with crit multi and life. Craft "attack and cast speed" on it, or "crit chance / elemental damage if you've crit".

"
Surfinn wrote:
Any recommendations on a quiver? Can't afford the +1 chain yet.

Leveling atm as LA with tempest, bow is ready but I have few questions.

How do you leech/sustain? %fire damage leeched as life on ammy and ES on hit Watchers Eye for EB are your only sources of leech?

+1 chain on quiver, cheapest ones are few ex and it goes easily into 50+ for good ones. How important is that chain for the build

For ascendacies I guess its Tailwind->Far Shot->Proj/Chain (depending what you want earlier)

And is it worth getting Alira for bandit and spec heavily into Crit Multi over Cast Speed?

Also, Ass Mark ring, yay or nay?

Cheers

Last edited by xenthis on Jul 5, 2019, 7:59:04 AM
Hey man, great job on putting together the build!

I was just wondering, do you think it would translate well into going double Beltimbers instead of bow+quiver?

I managed to put together a PoB with 2m realistic deeps using yours as a base, what do you think?

https://pastebin.com/bhrxsm2J

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
Hey man, great job on putting together the build!

I was just wondering, do you think it would translate well into going double Beltimbers instead of bow+quiver?

I managed to put together a PoB with 2m realistic deeps using yours as a base, what do you think?

https://pastebin.com/bhrxsm2J

Afaik we are trying to stack chains so that we take advantage of the ranger ascendancy, and get huge clear. with beltimbers, we lose 1 chain and you lose the +3 to gems from the bow. you could still use a 6L chest for fireball, but getting as many extra levels on fireball is important to maximize the DPS.

it probably would feel good, but the clear speed would be lower and the top end DPS, and i personally dont think its the best setup for the skill(s)

edit:

your setup also does not use GMP/LMP - so the clear is even lower. that is why the DPS is quite high.
Last edited by biscuitpantsguy on Jul 5, 2019, 9:40:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info