3.7 Budget Tornado Shot!

Thank you for doing these builds. As an old (72) and slow player, I usually am not able to do most of the builds posted out there.

Two questions:

1.In the pastebin (revision), at the far right is a large circle that covers a lot of the choices you make. Is that there for a reason?

2. Also on the far right, you have us taking a node named Acrobatics which gives us a 30% chance to dodge Attack Hits. I'm concerned with the tradeoff for this choice. If I understand this correctly, this choice will cause the following:
50% less armor
30% less energy shield
30% less chance to block spell and attack damage

I don't know what it's called, but I had the details showing on each node selected, so that's where I saw that info.

As I stated, I'm a slow player (due to medical issues), and that means I take mostly spell/ranged damage (I normally kill enemies before they get close enough to do melee damage, I also use zombies to tank for me). Of course, I'm only in the second act (out in the forest areas), so I don't know what's coming.

Anyway, the three reductions really concern me.

Thanks for your help.

Raptor
"
John_Kacey wrote:
Thank you for doing these builds. As an old (72) and slow player, I usually am not able to do most of the builds posted out there.

Two questions:

1.In the pastebin (revision), at the far right is a large circle that covers a lot of the choices you make. Is that there for a reason?

2. Also on the far right, you have us taking a node named Acrobatics which gives us a 30% chance to dodge Attack Hits. I'm concerned with the tradeoff for this choice. If I understand this correctly, this choice will cause the following:
50% less armor
30% less energy shield
30% less chance to block spell and attack damage

I don't know what it's called, but I had the details showing on each node selected, so that's where I saw that info.

As I stated, I'm a slow player (due to medical issues), and that means I take mostly spell/ranged damage (I normally kill enemies before they get close enough to do melee damage, I also use zombies to tank for me). Of course, I'm only in the second act (out in the forest areas), so I don't know what's coming.

Anyway, the three reductions really concern me.

Thanks for your help.

Raptor

1) If I am following this, what you are seeing is the circle from the lionseye's fall jewel which tells what all passives fall into its "influence" which in this case we are concerned about the claws. Any jewel that either needs a set number of stats to work like dexterity or transforms particular passives such as in the case with this lionseye, it will have a circle of influence (there is probably a better term but that's what I always remember) which those need to either fall within the circle of the circle needs to cross through it.

2) Acrobatics. This is an evasion based build as far as defenses go. If I remember correctly and please someone correct me, since we are using a 2-hander and it's not a staff, we can't block any way so that part doesn't even need to be worried about. The other 2 aren't that important in terms of defense for this build. You will continue on to Phase Acrobatics to get an increase chance to dodge spell attacks

EDIT: Changed evasion based class to build.
Last edited by IntheNight on Jul 15, 2019, 11:19:42 AM
Currently I am using lightning arrow so full elemental+crit probably going to change to kb or tornado shot.

But for now can anyone reccomend me upgrades that will make my damage better?
Or atleast help me understand how to scale damage for this type of build.

Last edited by deathopz on Jul 16, 2019, 9:58:43 AM
Thank you for the reply.

Raptor
How do I add a screenshot from my phone to here? I modified the skill tree and wanted to see what you think about it.
Hi,

I you don't have a specific jewel, is it better to insert another one, or leave it blank and return later (if you ever get that jewel)?

Thanks.

I'm really enjoying this build so far. Started yesterday and currently level 47
Hi,

Regarding my note, two up:

Further research shows that this particular jewel to be not available anywhere I searched, including trade, etc.

I have 3 jewels that I could use:

1. Survival skills: Viridian Jewel: +20 Dex, +6% to all elemental resistances.

2. Survival skills: Crimson Jewel: 10% increased global damage, +50 to Armor.

3. The last jewel increases mana regen by 3% per second and increases elemental damage by 10%.

Thanks,

Raptor
you really want lioneyes fall; people have it listed for around 90 Chaos orbs;

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/bGP2KHL

until then any rare jewl with flat added phys dmg works "adds X to Y physical damage to attacks"; you can socket and socket jewls from your skill tree at any time so no reason to leave it empty if you've already pathed to it
Last edited by 1UPedU on Aug 9, 2019, 10:37:41 PM
Thanks for the info.

I think that price puts it our of my reach, I'm still new to the game.

Raptor
Last edited by John_Kacey on Aug 10, 2019, 9:22:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info