"
Prof549 wrote:
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
Prof549 wrote:
Mmm, yeah. Fun build. For Acts.

On maps...well..

Every single minor DoT(on top of your own, that can kill you too) is completely neglecting your life leech, flask and will most likely kill you.
Every single powerful crit mob will most likely kill you.
Every single volatile blood mob will most likely kill you(if you happen to miss it in the mess that is going on).
Every single Sirus possessed mob will most likely kill you(if he'll get to you, while range ones can oneshot you from off-screen).

What is the purpose of that build again?

On looking at your profile, I see that your ground slam berserker is level 77. You have no life on one of your rings, your amulet, or your boots. You still have life nodes to take in the passive tree, and leveling gives you more flat life. If you were trying to take your character as it is in its current state and play A8 maps, I can certainly see why you're having issues. I'd also suggest trying to get a life flask with a better prefix.

As far as the purpose of the build, its for damage. It can certainly be squishy at times, especially when you dont have the investment to get a lot of the defensive layers, but its tanky enough to do all content. On my ground slam character from harvest league I consistantly do deathless Sirus' and Uber Elder fights, and was able to level to 98 while doing all those bosses. Another player actually played this build in Ritual to level 100 while using an abyssus.

I just dropped Kaom's roots for the sake of building chaos res up(together with jewelry, had a Vermilion ring waiting) and some evade with sand stance, cuz it was flat unplayable. A4 t12 maps were just destroying me. Luckily, i've decided to drop that build before it sucked out all my currency for questionable outcome.

Learn to play. If you want to facetank, use different build and different ascendancy altogether. This built obliterates stuff. Obliterates. That being said, it's a build that requires you to actually play the game and it's rules. It's not a facetank or cheese your way through some shenanigans, you are required to learn when to go in and when to dodge. Yes, dodge. Manually. It's not that taxing, is it? Dodging stuff that could kill you. Instead of trying to tank it? Kinda makes sense. You can't expect with crap gear and just a skill tree to be able to clear entire game when you don't even know when to dodge and when to go in.
Last edited by Songweaver on Apr 20, 2021, 3:36:36 PM
"
Songweaver wrote:

Learn to play. If you want to facetank, use different build and different ascendancy altogether. This built obliterates stuff. Obliterates. That being said, it's a build that requires you to actually play the game and it's rules. It's not a facetank or cheese your way through some shenanigans, you are required to learn when to go in and when to dodge. Yes, dodge. Manually. It's not that taxing, is it? Dodging stuff that could kill you. Instead of trying to tank it? Kinda makes sense. You can't expect with crap gear and just a skill tree to be able to clear entire game when you don't even know when to dodge and when to go in.

Are you okay? Such strong necroposting(and also toxicity).
"
Prof549 wrote:

Toxic, no. Just the facts. Learn the game. It's simple as that.
"
Songweaver wrote:
"
Prof549 wrote:

Toxic, no. Just the facts. Learn the game. It's simple as that.

Have fun, kid.
Hey, using your build, dmg is insane for now (starting to play red maps), but I feel really squishy.

https://pastebin.com/n64qtDPe

Any ways to increase suirvivability? Currently aiming to get all pantheon upgrades, but don't think it will change much.

I just looked at the Juggernaut ascendancy, if we take Unflinching, Unyielding, nrelenting and Unbreakable (Undeniable, if Crit), we don't lose that much damage (I think?), but gain lots more of survivabilty. Is it viable?
Last edited by CharlesOW on Apr 24, 2021, 11:45:37 AM
"
CharlesOW wrote:
Hey, using your build, dmg is insane for now (starting to play red maps), but I feel really squishy.

https://pastebin.com/n64qtDPe

Any ways to increase suirvivability? Currently aiming to get all pantheon upgrades, but don't think it will change much.

I just looked at the Juggernaut ascendancy, if we take Unflinching, Unyielding, nrelenting and Unbreakable (Undeniable, if Crit), we don't lose that much damage (I think?), but gain lots more of survivability. Is it viable?

So in path of building I took my character from harvest league, with 38 million dps (not counting exerting war cries) and changed only the ascendancy passives. It dropped from 38mil combined dps as berserker to 16 million dps with juggernaut. That's less than half the dps. You would definitely be tankier, and 16 mil dps is still more than enough to complete all content, but it would be far less damage. If you want to try the tankier way to play then it should be perfectly viable, I just personally prefer a little bit more of a glass cannon.

Edit: On looking at the PoB link I do notice a couple things. Your belly of the beast only has 33% life, when it can go up to 40%. You could divine it to get a little more life. Your belt also has a physical damage implicit. A leather belt or even a stygian vise with a socketed life jewel would give you more life. If you have exalts to spare you could even try to get up to 10% maximum life from either hunter or elder influence as a belt prefix mod in addition to the flat life. I'd also suggest leveling the steelskin and CWDT higher, so that they mitigate more damage. The levels I suggest is lvl 14 CWDT and 18 Steelskin. As you level higher that will also give you more life. With getting more life, you get oneshot less often, and leech cap (which is based off of a percentage of your life) will be higher. Your character has 6k life which is nice, but I notice much better survivability once I get to around 6.8-7.1k life
Last edited by Ekule731 on Apr 28, 2021, 12:08:34 PM
Haven't played since 3.11 Delirium and coming back with this build. Loving it so far, thanks!

Just wanted to point out though, in your Levelling - Act 4-6 spoiler, it says in Act 4: Do your first lab... "(Choose Pain Crave the Slaughter)"

and then in Act 8 you wrote "Choose Crave the Slaughter"

I get that I can see the ascendancies in the full passive tree, but that's a little confusing :D

Otherwise, fantastic guide! Thanks a ton for all the details!
"
Elemonation wrote:
Haven't played since 3.11 Delirium and coming back with this build. Loving it so far, thanks!

Just wanted to point out though, in your Levelling - Act 4-6 spoiler, it says in Act 4: Do your first lab... "(Choose Pain Crave the Slaughter)"

and then in Act 8 you wrote "Choose Crave the Slaughter"

I get that I can see the ascendancies in the full passive tree, but that's a little confusing :D

Otherwise, fantastic guide! Thanks a ton for all the details!

They changed the ascendancy passive pain reaver this patch which used to be the first one we took. I must not have updated the leveling portion correctly. The passive trees should be the most accurate part of the leveling guide
What would be the recommended items to have before switching to the crit variant?
"
pajamapants wrote:
What would be the recommended items to have before switching to the crit variant?

If you want to switch to crit, the things you should have to make the transition are:
* 30-40 regret orbs.
* Mana leech on gear/jewels.
* An axe with high pdps (~700+) and at least 6% chance to crit. A fleshripper is the ideal base type.
* A diamond flask.

* Enough accuracy on helmet/rings/amulet/passive tree/gloves/eye jewels that you have at least 95% chance to hit without resolute technique allocated. A lot of the crit wheels have increased accuracy on them.
* A level 4 enlighten and a second 6link would be ideal to be able to reserve a moderately low level precision.

These are luxery items to have for the crit variant, but they are extremely helpful:
* Id highly suggest you get a bottled faith, as it gives up to 2% base crit chance as well as 100% increased crit chance (from the consecrated ground).

* The only slots for gear that you can really get critical mods on are the amulet, and basic rare jewels. Id prioritize getting an amulet with at least crit multi. Crit chance would be nice too.
* If you are using unique corrupted gloves you can get up to 0.8% base crit as a corruption immplicit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info