[3.14] Aspect of Carnage Ground Slam Berserker, Bosser, Fast, League starter

"
restalkohol wrote:
i thought about swapping fortify support in our 6l axe for fist of war support. And link fortify to leap slap instead.

what do you think about it ?

I did chat with you in game but ill answer for the sake of those reading the forums. I did mention fortify support as a possible support for leap slam, and I listed other possible supports for ground slam (Most notably Ruthless support) to replace fortify support. Ruthless support has a slightly higher multiplier than fist of war support, and unlike fist of war support it scales with attack speed. Youll do less dps with fist of war support if you dont immediately oneshot the enemy (which can also be done exceptionally well with ruthless support)
The build looks interesting and simple enough. Gonna try it.

Should i aim for a crit one? Have around 8ex budget and leveling gear(with some extensions).
Last edited by Prof549 on Feb 13, 2021, 4:10:02 AM
"
Prof549 wrote:

Should i aim for a crit one? Have around 8ex budget and leveling gear(with some extensions).

8 exalts is a little low to pull off the crit variant, but you can always start with RT and swap to crit once you can afford the items
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
Prof549 wrote:

8 exalts is a little low to pull off the crit variant, but you can always start with RT and swap to crit once you can afford the items

Hmmm... I'm just not sure that 15mil would be enough for a comfortable bossing.
Well, maybe it'd be. We'll see.
I am considering a transition from my current build, back to Ground Slam, an old favorite of mine. However, it is clear at my old age in PoE that the younger and brighter have tuned things better than I ever could. That is just a long way of saying, you've topped my own ground slam builds I have kept to myself for years.

Anyway, lacking the current currency to go crit from the transition start, I am curious if there is a specific reason (outside of skill tree choices in prep for crit) that you recommend a 2H axe, even if looking at a RT rendition.

I have a very high pDPS stave at the moment that I am considering using util I can bankroll a proper crit transition. Other than skill tree nodes, which are easily changed with a pile of regrets, is there any other reason for the 2H axe focus when looking at things from an RT perspective? I am assuming I am just not awake enough, or overlooking something other than planning ahead for a crit change.

I did not read every page of this guide, and admittedly skimmed through the OP while I was at work, so if this is a dumb question with an obvious answer already in the post, feel free to say so.
PC : SqueakyToyOfTerror
XB : R3SPAWN#7045
Discord : R3SPAWN
Currently building out a Crit version of this - I am relatively cash-poor, but have enough gear to compensate. I will be sans-Watcher's Eye and Cluster Jewel but otherwise comfortable once I get a pair of Hands of the High Templar with base crit.

After playing around a little in POB, I noticed that the War Bringer ascendancy node nets several million additional DPS for my situation. I suggest you look into as well - I noticed that your build has an overabundance of leech sources (Pain Reaver, 0.4 life/0.4 mana node near Vaal Pact, 0.8 and 0.4 life nodes leading up to Martial Experience).

I think that, given the high DPS of this build, Pain Reaver can probably be safely swapped out for War Bringer or Flawless Savagery. I prefer War Bringer, but some might not - using it optimally requires monitoring your rage and how you cycle your warcries. Flawless Savagery ultimately just works, which might be preferential to some.
"
R3SPAWN7045 wrote:
I am considering a transition from my current build, back to Ground Slam, an old favorite of mine. However, it is clear at my old age in PoE that the younger and brighter have tuned things better than I ever could. That is just a long way of saying, you've topped my own ground slam builds I have kept to myself for years.

Anyway, lacking the current currency to go crit from the transition start, I am curious if there is a specific reason (outside of skill tree choices in prep for crit) that you recommend a 2H axe, even if looking at a RT rendition.

I have a very high pDPS stave at the moment that I am considering using util I can bankroll a proper crit transition. Other than skill tree nodes, which are easily changed with a pile of regrets, is there any other reason for the 2H axe focus when looking at things from an RT perspective? I am assuming I am just not awake enough, or overlooking something other than planning ahead for a crit change.

I did not read every page of this guide, and admittedly skimmed through the OP while I was at work, so if this is a dumb question with an obvious answer already in the post, feel free to say so.

Back in Harvest league, 2h axes were buffed so that they hit harder than any other weapon type in the game. There is a mace ground slam build guide, which is the other ground slam build guide for marauder in the forums. Maces dont hit as hard as axes, but they have much better stuns. Unfortunately bosses were given a cooldown after being stunned before they can be stunned again (in other words shaper cannot be stun locked anymore) which defeats the whole purpose of using maces. Swords dont work with ground slam at all.

Staves are actually really good for ground slam... if you can get one with high pdps. The issue with staves is they have a little lower pdps than axes, and more importantly have a lot of caster mods they can roll which makes it exceptionally harder to get a good staff to attack with compared to crafting an axe. If, however, you have a high pdps staff, you can certainly use it, and itll be far easier to go crit with one since staff has a lot of critical passives. Axes litterally only have one axe/crit wheel which we have to annoint the notable for since its so far away.

Since staves have so many critical strike passives in the tree, its actually not really very worth starting off with Resolute technique. Here is a passive tree for staves without a cluster jewel. Apart from the weapon and the tree you can follow my guide for the rest of the character.

poeurl.com/dcaY

Anoint Titanic Impacts (Amber Oil, Verdant Oil, Opalescent Oil)

Labyrinth 1: Pain Reaver
Labyrinth 2: Crave The Slaughter
Labyrinth 3: Rite of Ruin
Labyrinth 4: Aspect of Carnage

Once you get mana leech on a piece of gear, be it a jewel or ring or amulet, unallocate Pain Reaver and instead allocate Flawless Savagery.

****If you have a cluster jewel you should use this tree instead.****

poeurl.com/dca1

Edit: Slight modifications to tree and which anoint I suggested.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Feb 16, 2021, 12:45:10 PM
"
DankMuffins wrote:
Currently building out a Crit version of this - I am relatively cash-poor, but have enough gear to compensate. I will be sans-Watcher's Eye and Cluster Jewel but otherwise comfortable once I get a pair of Hands of the High Templar with base crit.

After playing around a little in POB, I noticed that the War Bringer ascendancy node nets several million additional DPS for my situation. I suggest you look into as well - I noticed that your build has an overabundance of leech sources (Pain Reaver, 0.4 life/0.4 mana node near Vaal Pact, 0.8 and 0.4 life nodes leading up to Martial Experience).

I think that, given the high DPS of this build, Pain Reaver can probably be safely swapped out for War Bringer or Flawless Savagery. I prefer War Bringer, but some might not - using it optimally requires monitoring your rage and how you cycle your warcries. Flawless Savagery ultimately just works, which might be preferential to some.

You must be looking at the Resolute technique tree if you are seeing Pain reaver being used instead of flawless savagery. You can use Warbringer instead of flawless savagery if you chose, but yes pain reaver isnt as good for the crit version.

Here is the critical strike trees I posted in the guide.

No Cluster Jewel: http://poeurl.com/dbU0

Crit Cluster Jewel: http://poeurl.com/c8ih
Nah, I used your POB Pastebin link for the crit build. As of Monday it had Pain Reaver. I'll toy around with Flawless Savagery instead of War Bringer. One thing I am noting is that when attempting to set the build to use my preferred Warcry rotation (Enduring Cry, Seismic Cry, Intimidating Cry) there's a couple upsets:

1) The ideal link setup is all three gems with not only Second Wind, but Blood Rage too. The problem with this is that that's a 5L - either I need some kind of expensive 4L setup with a corrupted Blood Magic implicit or something like that, or I need to swap this into the Body Armor setup and move one aura out of the Enlighten links. Neither is really ideal.

2) Gem slots are becoming an issue. I can run self-casted Blood Rage and Steelskin (I generally selfcast both, but I get why you use CWDT), but CWDT Steelskin provides a much better defensive layer that this build really does need.

3) I'd like to squeeze Berserk into this, but ditto on the Gem slots.

4) I notice why you didn't use Intimidating Cry earlier, and that comes to using both the Call to Arms keystone as well as taking plenty of notables with Overwhelm. With Intimidating Cry active, it looks like I end up having total Overwhelm well in excess of what I'd need to for super-endgame bosses.

If you have suggestions for any or all of the issues above, I'm all ears.
"
DankMuffins wrote:
Nah, I used your POB Pastebin link for the crit build. As of Monday it had Pain Reaver. I'll toy around with Flawless Savagery instead of War Bringer. One thing I am noting is that when attempting to set the build to use my preferred Warcry rotation (Enduring Cry, Seismic Cry, Intimidating Cry) there's a couple upsets:

1) The ideal link setup is all three gems with not only Second Wind, but Blood Rage too. The problem with this is that that's a 5L - either I need some kind of expensive 4L setup with a corrupted Blood Magic implicit or something like that, or I need to swap this into the Body Armor setup and move one aura out of the Enlighten links. Neither is really ideal.

2) Gem slots are becoming an issue. I can run self-casted Blood Rage and Steelskin (I generally selfcast both, but I get why you use CWDT), but CWDT Steelskin provides a much better defensive layer that this build really does need.

3) I'd like to squeeze Berserk into this, but ditto on the Gem slots.

4) I notice why you didn't use Intimidating Cry earlier, and that comes to using both the Call to Arms keystone as well as taking plenty of notables with Overwhelm. With Intimidating Cry active, it looks like I end up having total Overwhelm well in excess of what I'd need to for super-endgame bosses.

If you have suggestions for any or all of the issues above, I'm all ears.

I re-did all the PoB links a couple days ago, and I just checked and the crit one does have flawless savagery, so you may need to re-import the PoB.

1) Blood Rage doesnt need to be linked to anything, so you wont need a 5link if you want to add supports to war cries. If you genuinely want more sockets you can run a freeze flask and use rare boots, ideally with tailwind.

2) With CWDT being so high we will only be casting steelskin when we are actually taking significant damage, which is exactly when we need it. Your right that dropping steelskin isnt an option, this build cant afford to sacrifice any of the defensive layers. Using rare boots with 4 sockets allevates the need to drop gems.

3) I dont suggest berserk since we are tripling the effect of rage, but I certainly wont stop you if you want to use it. Again, you can use rare boots.

4) Since this build is scaling so much attack speed taking time to actually cast war cries without it being instant is time spent not attacking. Its far more valuable to juggle war cries in builds that scale big single hits through things like fist of war support. I really dont like the war cry management, which is the main reason I didnt swap the guide over to the slow hitting playstyle. As it is with an instant war cry, its just a button that makes me do more damage without me having to think about it.

You are definetely right that second wind support is good for war cries, if for no other reason than the cooldown recovery speed. I didnt feel it was that important to drop other gems or kaoms roots for it which is why I dont mention it in the guide. I really do need to update the alternate options part of the gems section. My issue is that as much as your feeling restricted on the number of gem sockets im feeling restricted on the 50,000 character cap for the guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info