[3.7] [OUTDATED] Simple Spectre Summoner

"
HavelTheSock wrote:
Could drop the life 7 points in the jewel and life nodes on the left to get Necromantic Aegis and use Victario's Charity shield for minion frenzy charges and power charges.

This also frees up space to replace the other fragility jewel, allowing to get a jewel with life/more minion damage.

Sacrifices a bit of health and max res for more zoom zoom and minion damage.

this is possible, yes. i considered this in the early stages of build planning, but i decided to go with ahns instead of victarios. in my opinion the build has more than enough damage as is, so sacrificing defense for more damage by going with a necro aegis setup is not necessary.
if your goal is to maximize your spectres damage output at all costs then go for it, but i prefer having the defense and utility from ahns instead.

"
Kotetso wrote:
I linked my flamability, storm brand, and elemental weakness to bane so it applies all 3 and buffs the damage that they do make sure u have bane ranked up a bit for it to work with higher lvl gems.

this is a bad idea. bane can not apply storm brand, it only applies curses, and you need the storm brand to apply elemental equilibrium. you can't do that with bane.

"
Is there a way to make the build work with Queen's Decree

yes, just run queen's escape instead of scourge/ahns, and drop the fragility jewels. i wouldn't recommend it though.

by dropping ahns heritage you lose onslaught, 3% max res, block chance, some armor, and some life. you will also need to use leap slam as your movement skill with fortify, since whirling blades and shield charge do not work with two handed swords.

the fifth spectre is a nice upgrade, but you also lose out on a big chunk of increased minion damage from your main hand weapon. in total, switching to queen's escape works out to a ~15% increase in theoretical damage output compared to scourge/ahns, and it frees up two jewel sockets. in my opinion it is not worth doing.

one upside of running queens escape is access to a second 6L setup. you could replace the puppet master ascendancy node with bone sculptor or flesh binder and run 6L zombies or vaal skeletons in addition to your spectres. at this point you would be looking at a pretty different playstyle though, it would no longer be a pure spectre summoner but some kind of hybrid multi minion summoner. if that's what you want to play then go for it, but for a pure spectre build i don't think queen's escape is good. and even for a a multi minion summoner i would probably prefer something like chaber cairn over queen's escape, too.
Last edited by krastin0v on Jul 24, 2019, 5:32:14 PM
My first minion build, going to try this one. Great guide btw so far 👍
Last edited by Joybringer75 on Aug 9, 2019, 1:23:33 PM
You mentioned in the guide that you intentionally chose to not put in AG, but I was wondering what your thoughts would be on swapping Ahn's Heritage for Whakatutuki o Matua and using an AG in there. My intention is to socket Animated Guardian + Minion Life + Combustion and giving him a source of fire damage to attacks on gloves. This would give additional -fire res to single target, especially when uniques/bosses have curse resistance. The rest of his gear would be standard.

I'm also thinking about using Zealotry + Haste + Clarity + Generosity for auras, and picking up Sovereignty on the tree.
Last edited by Aldonés on Aug 17, 2019, 5:07:02 PM
"
I was wondering what your thoughts would be on swapping Ahn's Heritage for Whakatutuki o Matua and using an AG in there. My intention is to socket Animated Guardian + Minion Life + Combustion and giving him a source of fire damage to attacks on gloves. This would give additional -fire res to single target, especially when uniques/bosses have curse resistance. The rest of his gear would be standard.

looks like a pretty small damage boost. between double curse and EE we already have a ton of resistance reduction, so getting a bit more from an AG with combustion support won't make a very big difference.

personally i would probably prefer keeping the max res and onslaught from ahn's, but feel free to try it out if you want. it won't completely break the build or anything, you'll just be a little bit more squishy and a little bit slower.

"

I'm also thinking about using Zealotry + Haste + Clarity + Generosity for auras, and picking up Sovereignty on the tree.

clarity is not necessary, the build doesnt really need a lot of mana. your movement skill is the only skill you use regularly, everything else (convocation, offering, desecrate, brand) you only use occasionally, like once every few seconds at most.

about haste: it's nice, but the damage bonus to your spectres is relatively small and the mana reservation is massive. you also have to give up your defensive aura (flesh and stone or purity of ice) if you want to run it, and that's not worth it in my opinion.

about generosity: if you run multiple auras then you can run this on zealotry for more damage. but keep in mind that you need at least one aura that affects yourself, otherwise you lose out on the resistances from commander of darkness.
Last edited by krastin0v on Aug 17, 2019, 5:37:41 PM
"
Spoiler
I was wondering what your thoughts would be on swapping Ahn's Heritage for Whakatutuki o Matua and using an AG in there. My intention is to socket Animated Guardian + Minion Life + Combustion and giving him a source of fire damage to attacks on gloves. This would give additional -fire res to single target, especially when uniques/bosses have curse resistance. The rest of his gear would be standard.
looks like a pretty small damage boost. between double curse and EE we already have a ton of resistance reduction, so getting a bit more from an AG with combustion support won't make a very big difference.

personally i would probably prefer keeping the max res and onslaught from ahn's, but feel free to try it out if you want. it won't completely break the build or anything, you'll just be a little bit more squishy and a little bit slower.
Maybe, with all 20/20 gems we have -146 fire res on trash, but only -82 on Shaper. If you then consider Shaper's +40% fire res, we bring him from -42% to -61% which is about 13.4% more damage (would be less effective for standard bosses and virtually worthless on trash). However, you can also equip AG with aura gear providing additional benefits. Losing the +3% max res would hurt though, but much of that could be made up in 2 jewel slots.

"
Spoiler
clarity is not necessary, the build doesnt really need a lot of mana. your movement skill is the only skill you use regularly, everything else (convocation, offering, desecrate, brand) you only use occasionally, like once every few seconds at most.

about haste: it's nice, but the damage bonus to your spectres is relatively small and the mana reservation is massive. you also have to give up your defensive aura (flesh and stone or purity of ice) if you want to run it, and that's not worth it in my opinion.

about generosity: if you run multiple auras then you can run this on zealotry for more damage. but keep in mind that you need at least one aura that affects yourself, otherwise you lose out on the resistances from commander of darkness.
Clarity is linked to Generosity, so it's there to give the Sentinels a greater mana regen and allow for the bigger spells to be cast more often. I honestly don't know how effective it would be, or if it would even provide any benefit. Also, I'm not sure why I didn't think about it before, but if you link Anger to Generosity, then it wouldn't interact with EE.

In any case, after looking at the uniques if I swap shields, I would also convert to CI which changes the build more than is relevant for this post. I'd drop Haste in favor of Vaal Discipline (separate from Generosity of course).

Edit: Well...starting to build this on Standard to see what it'll be like. I appear to have severely misjudged ES builds. I was thinking without leech ES would have recharge, but never playing ES before I didn't realize "#% increased energy shield" was a local modifier...oops. I suppose that's why I tried this out on Standard first though.
Last edited by Aldonés on Aug 18, 2019, 4:27:47 PM
"
Maybe, with all 20/20 gems we have -146 fire res on trash, but only -82 on Shaper. If you then consider Shaper's +40% fire res, we bring him from -42% to -61% which is about 13.4% more damage (would be less effective for standard bosses and virtually worthless on trash). However, you can also equip AG with aura gear providing additional benefits. Losing the +3% max res would hurt though, but much of that could be made up in 2 jewel slots

the thing is, the only fight where that damage is really going to matter is uber elder and aul, and even there i don't know how much uptime you can actually get on AG's ignite. for everything else, like mapping and delving, the AG ignite stuff just won't do anything at all for us, while onslaught and max res are always useful no matter what content you're doing.
if you want to focus on farming deep endgame bosses, it might be worth doing. but for a general purpose build i think it's a waste.

"
Clarity is linked to Generosity, so it's there to give the Sentinels a greater mana regen and allow for the bigger spells to be cast more often. I honestly don't know how effective it would be, or if it would even provide any benefit. Also, I'm not sure why I didn't think about it before, but if you link Anger to Generosity, then it wouldn't interact with EE.

i dont know anything about flame or frost sentinel spectres, but for solar guards clarity doesn't do anything.

the part about generosity+anger and EE is correct but i'm pretty sure that zealotry provides more damage than anger anyway, so unless you want to run both (which would be very hard to fit) i wouldn't recommend it.

about CI: it's probably doable, but it's going to be a LOT more expensive to build than the life version and will require massive changes to the tree. the build also relies on flasks to sustain life and doesn't have a good way to get leech or big regen, so as CI you would have no sustain at all except ES recharge. that's going to be very dangerous and rippy.
Thanks for the build. I have respected from speaker of a dead summoner build (74 minions) by Hercanic.
I am having a blast with your guide.
T16 maps are so smooth with this spectres build.

I have 2 suggestions regarding the guide:

- info about removing the spell echo should be more visible. It took me a moment to get why 2 spectres are summon at once :)

- can you do the list what offensive stats should we go for on the yellow items if we wantt to go more in damage.

Great job with a build!
Last edited by Babyzedisdead on Aug 19, 2019, 5:38:52 PM
"
Babyzedisdead wrote:
- can you do the list what offensive stats should we go for on the yellow items if we wantt to go more in damage.

to my knowledge, there is not a whole lot that you can do. minion damage is not a stat that commonly appears on regular rare items, i don't even know if it can appear at all outside of weapons. it might be possible to get it from some essence or fossil craft, but i have no experience with that stuff outside of using bound fossils to get +1 spectre on boots.

i added a warning about spell echo to the skill section, thanks for the feedback!
Is this build 3.8 ready? thinking of trying it out seeing as there was the minion buffs.
I've updated the PoB for 3.8 - https://pastebin.com/P8W5mDpk

- Added Leveling trees from the original post to PoB for ease of use

- Not 100% on the ascendancy but it looks fine to me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info