What games do you wish to be remastered?

Neverwinter Nights
F.E.A.R. (but this one still looks crisp)
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Stunt drive (I believe it was called). Awesome racing game where you could build your own tracks.

Looks like ass these days, but back then, about 190 years ago, it was awesome :)
Xenoguears, that is a game with a kickass story that is just BEGGIN for a remaster

Valkirye profile, both, Lenneth and Silmeria both deserve a proper remaster, esp after elisium tarnished the franquise

The 5D's era yugioh games, the syncro and start of xyz eras were a real golden age for yugi

Age of empires 1, loved the period portrayed and the ideas, but interface needs an update badly

Civilization: Call to Power, game was super creative but kinda botched execution, would love to see a game that executes the ideas with gameplay from modern civilizations

Soulcalibur 2 and 3, classics from a franquise that deserved better

Suikoden 2, they repeatedly dropped the ball and killed the series on later games, but 2 was a masterpiece, i miss viki and jeanne

Final fantasy 6, one of my favorite rpgs, but hard to suffer tro the gameplay today

Silent hill 2 is already going to get a remake, i dearly hope the rest get same treatment
Carmageddon!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Link's Awakening was nice even though the toyish colorful style didn't fit the dark and mysterious aura of the original game... but it'd suit the Oracles much more.
The game engine is ready and it's not new games so more than half the work is done, kinda.
Also those two games are sadly not as known as A Link to the Past/Link's Awakening, that'd be a great opportunity even for Nintendo. Selling TWO games that don't require that much work and would fill a long blank in the coming years before another new Zelda game.
Nowadays they're remastering/remaking games that aren't even 10 years old and that everyone knows.. While there are many great games younger generations have no idea about and wouldn't try because the graphics are "old" :/
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
Vanguard

Horizons

Warhammer Online

Everyquest 1 or 2

Dark age of Camelot

Anarchy Online (most of all!!)

A few games from Monolith is not available to purchase from Steam nor GOG.com

Need to hunt the physical disc from ebay
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
feike wrote:

Age of empires 1, loved the period portrayed and the ideas, but interface needs an update badly

yes, yes, a thousand times yes

If they merely updated Age of Empires 1 to have the graphics of Age of Mythology or AOE3, that would make it the single biggest upgrade to the entire franchise. Upgrade the wonders and relics to match the quality and scale of the ones you could build in AoE3, add in AoE3-era lighting and textures, more customizations via the Scenario Editor and map modding scripts, and adopting a better counter system and range/LOS balance to accommodate uneven terrain.

All the Age games had one major limitation in that their pseudo-3D engine did not allow true bridges to be built over major waterways, roads, or valleys. You had to choose, bridge OR shipping traffic, never both. This only mattered for scenarios or modded maps where bridges/shallows were a thing; players could not build bridges on the map if they didn't already exist.

Unlocking even one fixed depth setting or height setting for submarine, above-water, or air traffic would make these games pop without adding the obvious processing burden of true 3-D combat. Air ships, balloons, planes, ships, submarines, shore batteries, and the like would become real strategic options without destroying the basically isometric assumptions of the game's combat.

Lastly off topic: A balance pass is in order to prevent chariot laming and Egypt tower spam (not to be confused with Age of Mythology's equally-noxious Isis laming).
AoE 1 was mostly about abusing mounted and chariot units as soon as you could get them to terrorise your friends. Or no-limit tower building turning your entire half of the map into bullet hell.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
DoubleU wrote:
Carmageddon!

Holy shit that would actually be so awesome.
I would go with a remastered version of Aion or Tera Online based of the older 2010 versions. Both games offered quite a nice variety of content from pve to pvp decent questing and story lore. Quite sad to see that even a 13 year old game had more to offer than most overpriced new games these days.

A remastered version based on the release version of Archage would be also quite nice because "archeage unchained" isn't nearly as good or fun as the release version of the game.

For handhelds a Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Minish cap remake with a less childish looking design (yes I look at you link's awakening remake).
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info