The Agnostic Hierophant + Ice Nova + Frostbolt + Righteous Fire

"

I kinda agree on Trickster's Patient Reaper being good. Heck, maybe Trickster is just the better class overall for using the Agnostic package. In my case, it's also a better starting position to build for ED. Other than Hierophant's +10% MoM, I don't think his other ascendancies are particularly good if you're playing self-casting builds. Maybe the best idea (at least for ED) is to just take the current meta Trickster tree and adjusting for more mana?

Maybe I am overcapped on regen. PoB really needs to adds Timeless Jewels, too much of a hassle to calculate...

Battle Rouse wouldn't activate since I'm using Might of the Meek. But I completely forgot that it gave mana on damage taken. Should perhaps consider removing Might of the Meek.

I spent a good chunk of time scrolling through all unique quivers, and unfortunately, there is nothing beneficial for this build.

I considered using those gloves too, definitely the right choice if Indigon is also used.

I chose Mindspiral for the damage taken gained as mana. I don't recall mana leech being beneficial for this build?

Anyways, thanks for looking over my PoB.
"
phirefor wrote:
"

I kinda agree on Trickster's Patient Reaper being good. Heck, maybe Trickster is just the better class overall for using the Agnostic package. In my case, it's also a better starting position to build for ED. Other than Hierophant's +10% MoM, I don't think his other ascendancies are particularly good if you're playing self-casting builds. Maybe the best idea (at least for ED) is to just take the current meta Trickster tree and adjusting for more mana?

Maybe I am overcapped on regen. PoB really needs to adds Timeless Jewels, too much of a hassle to calculate...

Battle Rouse wouldn't activate since I'm using Might of the Meek. But I completely forgot that it gave mana on damage taken. Should perhaps consider removing Might of the Meek.

I spent a good chunk of time scrolling through all unique quivers, and unfortunately, there is nothing beneficial for this build.

I considered using those gloves too, definitely the right choice if Indigon is also used.

I chose Mindspiral for the damage taken gained as mana. I don't recall mana leech being beneficial for this build?

Anyways, thanks for looking over my PoB.

Yeah, i think you could shove this straight into whatever the standard trickster build is with the cloak / mana stacking stuff and be a tank. i dont know what the ideal balances of mana regen / recovery would be, but you will want a ton a jewels. tempered spirit can give 90-120 flat mana east of trickster as well. plus the spectrum jewels. without pledge getting absurd mana numbers takes more effort.
i guess youre not leeching with ED anyway, but leech can help if youre spending a gazillion mana for indignon. im not sure where the diminishing returns are on damage taken gained as mana, but it's not instant either.
Hey dude, been tracking this build for a while, did you give up on it? No updates? I'm wondering if i could do it as a trickster, and if so, could you help me on it?
I'm theory crafting a trickster version too actually. Patient Reaper = massive boost to the life/mana transfer effectiveness so you need even less mana to make this work or just work that much stronger. Weave the Arcane gives 20% chance to recover 10% max mana on skill use which should result in an easy 10-20% mana regen per second while actively attacking

I plan to stack MoM effect to boost my effective HP Pool and combo it with "damage taken recovered as mana" Such as from https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirited_Response to further reduce the need for as much raw mana regeneration.

I'm also thinking of going a cold/lightning hybrid so I can use https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Berek%27s_Grip For Life and Mana Leech. I'm at work so I can only sneak peaks at Path of Building at the moment. I'll drop a build link in here later today.
I'm leveling my trickster which was originally inspired by this build and it is doing well so far in maps. I need to get some better gear to cap out my resists but my regen is so fast if I don't get one shot it doesn't really matter plus my character looks like a witchdoctor from diablo. Some ideas to improve on this version of the build though is getting a mind of the council mask and switching up the spell to a lightning skill that shocks fast like ball lightning or getting a yoke of suffering amulet so cold damage can shock or just putting orb of storms in a 4 link setup with faster casting and increased crits. Also you can get an amulet that gives chance to gain % of mana when casting a spell.

Ended up way busier this weekend than expected but here it is https://pastebin.com/d7eUB6Sc
Still a work in progress and it's idealized, so don't expect to actually be able to get all the items max rolled or anything (I just like seeing the max of what's possible)
tldr March of the Legion boots let you run aura's (Actively) which opens up your mana and two ring slots. Lots of EHP via the MoM and mana regen/leech/recovery scaling. Capping resists takes some work but if you don't want/need to run righteous fire just swap Purity of Fire to Purity of Elements and that'll help a ton.
Looks really good on paper and plenty of wiggle room to address issues as they come up.
Last edited by Teilf on Jul 1, 2019, 6:54:23 PM
iv'e tried a version using storm brand and mind of the council and it pretty cool though single target is lacking

current pob (lvl 85) : https://pastebin.com/JVgyHX4K

planned pob (lvl 93( : https://pastebin.com/N5rgAujm

looking to try other lightning skills

thank you for the concept
I theoryC a Ascendant build since you get 8% MoM + arcane surge on hit and a bit of Trickster regen from it. Since I'm lacking the Mana flat I guess I will lose One Hit tankiness.
I wanted to play Cast when Channeling cyclone and since the mind of the council gives mana on shock I wanted to try a Mjölner version. Leveling the char today. I'll come back in 2 days for a PoB link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info