The Agnostic Hierophant + Ice Nova + Frostbolt + Righteous Fire

What Traps, I don't see any Traps

Build Concept
Spoiler
Use new Militant Faith Jewel for the Agnostic Keystone, to get this the jewel needs to have Venarius in the jewel description and it will transform keystones near jewel nodes to the needed keystone.
Defensive - Gets 50% MoM with huge mana regen along with some small life regen. This huge mana regen combined with The agnostic keystone allows for Sustain that feels like permanent vaal pact slayer overleech.
Offensive - The new pledge of hands greater spell echo is busted when using with the ice nova frostbolt combination because it gives 4 repetitions when using spell echo on 3 frostbolts per 1 cast which is like a 12 times multiplier not accounting for additional more damage for each repeat. Broken and probably will be nerfed, but one can also tack on even more damage with righteous fire and vaal righteous fire to delete opponents.
Auras:
Clarity - for watchers eye mods
Precision - for critical strike chance(hardly reserves any of mana pool
Zealotry or/and Hatred with an essence worm can be used if you have a good watchers eye but completely unnecessary. Youll see im using 2 essences worms because I was min maxing some damage output, but in all honestly if you were rocking 2 good mana/life/ele resists rings with damage gained as mana mod you would be extremely tanky

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
+Budget *MID league to get started
+High EHP
+Massive Life/Mana Regen
+Mobs and map bosses can't one hit(except things like atziri flame blasts, but you will instant phase her)
+DPS viable for endgame content
+Hardcore Viable
+Can run all map mods except no regen/ele reflect
Cons
-Not clear speed meta

Recommended Uniques / Getting Started
Spoiler

Weapon - Use dual axioms until you can get pledge of hands at lvl 65/68(i forget)
The reason for using pledge of hands as BiS is this: increased mana is pretty good but the damage is broken and basically comes down to the way spell echo interacts with ice nova being cast on frost-bolt. The mechanic is BROKEN. The new pledge of hands has greater spell echo, which makes spells repeat an additional 2 times with 35% more damage per repeat. So if I cast ice nova with spell echo as well, it repeats 3 times. If I cast it on a frostbolt, The repeats will occur on the frostbolt with out me having to be locked down casting 4 times. Effectively, I get 4 ice nova casts per 1 cast, with 70% more cast speed of spell echo. On top of that, Ice nova occurs on 2 additional near by frost bolts, so for every 1 cast I get 12 ice novas occurring. Basically, with no investment this mechanic feels like a 1200 crit multi build with 100% chance to crit and I can invest in a separate crit multi scaler

Gloves - New maligaro's virtuosity is worth 150 crit multi and 50 crit chance if with no investment into crit multi, with investment in, one would only barely hit above 300 crit multi total so these gloves save a ton of passives for huge damage(super underrated)

Belt - just use a belt of deceiver or any rare belt with resistances until you can get a shaper belt with mana recovery rate mod

Boots - Dance of the offered, gives mana and perma onslaught - can wear till endgame, i wore up until i did shaper and only had to switch when i needed res because i picked up a second essence worm for hatred. Sidenote, a 2% mana and HP regen enchant would be GG for this build on boots so just buying a pair with that mod would almost double your sustain.

For helmet - I would recommend Indigon for maximum DPS, but the helmet I used maw of conquest was cheap and effective

Rings - I used two essence worms, but I would recommend mana/life/ele resists rare rings for a more well rounded character, the character doesn't really need the extra damage

Body Armour - Cloak of defiance, gives a ton of mana, %1 Mana regen which is extremely important and mana taken from mana before life

Amulet is atziri's foible all day everyday, hard to compete with 130 mana regen rate +20% mana and 100 mana, plus the reduced attributes stat is very useful

Links - Gem Setup
Spoiler

In your pledge of hands you want -> Ice Nova -> Spell Echo -> Cold Penetration -> Increased Crit Strikes -> Ele Focus -> Controlled Destruction (didn't PoB these for best links, but tried to put them in relative order of what I prefer for damage and mapping)
Then only other links id setup are frostbolt -> GMP -> Onslaught/Slower Proj(for bosses)
and A orb of storms with curse on hit frostbite and power charge on crit
finally I recommend using flame dash for mobility and frost bomb for cold exposure(-25 cold res) on bosses
Vaal Righteous fire -> duration -> you can constantly have righteous fire on and use vaal when you need to dps stuff.

Videos

Current PoB / Passive Tree / Ascendancy
Spoiler

Last edited by CaptainLance9 on Jun 25, 2019, 11:28:10 AM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2019, 9:41:34 AM
This is pretty sick. I think I'm going to try out an indigon version.
I was literally just theory crafting a massive mana build with ice nova and Pledge of hands. The staff literally costs alteration orbs right now.

Glad it wasnt just me thinking this was busted.
Are there other fitting skills for this concept if you don't want to play Ice Nova?
Last edited by Exiled_Wanderer on Jun 23, 2019, 8:58:21 PM
can you do vid for clearing and guardian boss killing?
Can you add your jewel in Uniques section?
I have the same question as the poster above... what other skill would work in this setup because the tree looks for the most part like it all is non replacable. I was thinking maybe brands, scorching ray, flame surge (since you use RF), or maybe some other hard hitting crit spell. just not a huge fan of ice nova. Awesome build concept btw <3
Love seeing builds like this, man! Definitely going to try it out.
https://pastebin.com/dZSUk9rY (My attempt at an ED variant if anyone wants to check it out in PoB)

Really like the defense from the Agnostic "package", but dislike the spell of choice, and so I took a meta skill tree (ED Trickster) and adjusted it to have more mana. Synergy is pretty good (RF scales ED really hard, free Arcane Surge, +25% AoE), and I get 165k DoT with some pretty trash gear. Defences also look quite solid.

Or maybe I'm memeing too hard and Ice Nova is the way to go. Either way, mind posting a video of general map clearing with Ice Nova?
"
phirefor wrote:
https://pastebin.com/dZSUk9rY (My attempt at an ED variant if anyone wants to check it out in PoB)

Really like the defense from the Agnostic "package", but dislike the spell of choice, and so I took a meta skill tree (ED Trickster) and adjusted it to have more mana. Synergy is pretty good (RF scales ED really hard, free Arcane Surge, +25% AoE), and I get 165k DoT with some pretty trash gear. Defences also look quite solid.

Or maybe I'm memeing too hard and Ice Nova is the way to go. Either way, mind posting a video of general map clearing with Ice Nova?

i think any spell choice than can scale the RF a bit as well is a good choice.
it's too bad hierophant's arcance surge is lvl 1. I think patient reaper's the best node on the tree for the agnostic. Scion's trickster is decent, but having the full chance to recover %mana on skill use can be abused (watcher's is half the chance), and is better than flat regen (you're overcapped a good bit on regen, i think).
Battle Rouse is 2 points south of the scion wheel and has more dmg taken as gained mana, if you're stacking that. are there any interesting quivers for this build?

These are worth looking at if you want to try indignon:

mind spiral kinda sucks besides the flat mana; you dont get the ES and mana leech is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info