[3.8] Puncture / SA Gladiator (Budget, Tank, 1M+ DPS and Max Speed)

"
Karpathos wrote:
Hi there, thanks for the great guide, I'm leveling with it right now. I would like to ask your opinion on a different setup I thought of. So I would use The devouring diadem with enlighten and Solstice vigil, with a Doedre ring for the extra curse. So I could use Grace, Malevolence, and the extra free Temporal chains blasphemy together with vulnerability, plus flesh and stone. I Won't be able to equip war banner though. Do you think it's worth it? How big is temporal chains on endgame bosses? It's quite a big loss of life and I think it would be better for mapping, but I'm not sure about shaper-uber elder. Any thoughts on this?

No don't go temp chains, it's not good for this build since puncture duration is already 8 seconds long, so you can just as easily re-apply it. Also bosses have high curse resistance, so curses without a lot of additional curse effectiveness are fairly useless against bosses.

Stick with the existing set up.
So when loading this into the 3.9 PoB we get a damage increase of circa 18%. How come? :D
I'm probably going to league start with this, but I'm a little worried about the price of Lioneye's Fall. I'm expecting them to be at least 3 ex at league start given how this is bow league. Is it worth leveling as melee with Lacerate + Hameophilia until we can farm the currency to get the Jewel, or is it still worth it to stick with bows? I never played Lacerate, so I was thinking of trying it anyway, I just don't know how it feels using 2 handers with it.

"
Codnono wrote:
So when loading this into the 3.9 PoB we get a damage increase of circa 18%. How come? :D

Split Arrow is getting flat physical added per gem level, could that be it?
So i am still playing this as league starter. 300 pDPS bow with no other valuable mods. Lioneyes Fall and pure Split Arrow. I don't really get when to use puncture, it is slow, clunky, and just one arrow. SA is ok at T8 with bosses so far but it takes 20-30 secs for a boss (or metamorph). But runnung around while they bleed is fine.
Wondering when to use Punture?
All 5-Link btw.
tl:dr Build is great for mapping and ZOOM-ZOOM, but terreble (COMPLITELY) for single target, you literaly suffer trying to kill bosses.
I take a lot of time to kill Metamorphs on T14+ maps, bosses on these maps die faster, but still takes times.
This build can't kill Shaper, can not kill a single Elder guardian.

I've made it to 128/154 atlas (12/154) and every time i have to kill something single - i suffer.
Spoiler

The biggest problem: there is nowhere to EXPAND. Legit, lvl 92 is a cap, the rest 8 points will probably got into jewels or a few early HP nodes.
Im thinking of taking rare bow and quiver, but they are incredably expensive at this point in a league.

If u wanna play bleed build - go Lacerate.

P.S. Blink Arrow is a shit spell - use Flame Dash instead, its faster and more efficient.
Last edited by Yokzjumper on Dec 22, 2019, 3:33:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info