[3.8] Puncture / SA Gladiator (Budget, Tank, 1M+ DPS and Max Speed)

hey. the node "Cleaving" to the left of the skill tree doesn't seem to be affected by watchers eye. and where else would you recommended going on the skill tree if say i was going for level 95?

also i bought this bow for 3ex and im looking to 5-6L it later, you think its worth the price?

im looking to weapon swap this along with arborix bow and use kaoms chest piece like the other guy
"
pizzerr wrote:
hey. the node "Cleaving" to the left of the skill tree doesn't seem to be affected by watchers eye. and where else would you recommended going on the skill tree if say i was going for level 95?

also i bought this bow for 3ex and im looking to 5-6L it later, you think its worth the price?

im looking to weapon swap this along with arborix bow and use kaoms chest piece like the other guy

Yeah I think that's a pretty good bow, so worth investing currency into linking. Weapon swapping with Kaom's is a good idea.

Cleaving should be affected by Lioneye's Fall if that's what you meant, and it also gives us onslaught for additional movement speed.

I would recommend going to the templar area for devotion, to get more life nodes for additional tankiness, since you already have enough damage. Alternatively, you can try to path to the executioner notable if you want more DPS. Inexorable is also another nice notable.
Last edited by monstahz on Aug 3, 2019, 3:37:20 AM
I recently re-rolled my gladiator cyclone into this build. It's my fist bow build, and I'm really digging it. I'm looking to get some more life and maybe some more dps, what gear should I upgrade next?

"
esmolli wrote:
I recently re-rolled my gladiator cyclone into this build. It's my fist bow build, and I'm really digging it. I'm looking to get some more life and maybe some more dps, what gear should I upgrade next?

Defensively, I'd look for better jewellery and chestpiece. So start with that. If you can get a Maim or mana reduction chest piece, that would provide a huge boost to DPS and QOL too. Try to get higher life on gear.
Have you tried the build with Tornado Shot? I swapped split arrow for Tornado shot and added a point to the passive 'Crimson Dance' and it does seem powerful. I'm just starting to gear the character but I would like your opinion on this.
nvm
Last edited by masterburger1 on Aug 8, 2019, 2:35:19 PM
"
acamat wrote:
Have you tried the build with Tornado Shot? I swapped split arrow for Tornado shot and added a point to the passive 'Crimson Dance' and it does seem powerful. I'm just starting to gear the character but I would like your opinion on this.

Yeah, I think that works too.

Also, I'm gonna be away for a while so won't be able to respond to messages for the time being. Apologies in advance.
Hi!, i'm playing this build right now, just wanted to ask, Why didn't you allocate Iron Grip on your POB.
And my 2nd question is, Would Brinerot Whalers give a lot of dps to this build, sacrificing evasion/life on a pair of rare boots ofc, is this trade off significant?.

Thanks in advance, loving this build so far!
"
superenatus wrote:
Hi!, i'm playing this build right now, just wanted to ask, Why didn't you allocate Iron Grip on your POB.
And my 2nd question is, Would Brinerot Whalers give a lot of dps to this build, sacrificing evasion/life on a pair of rare boots ofc, is this trade off significant?.

Thanks in advance, loving this build so far!

IMO, this build (Puncture) is focused on "bleed", bleed is a 'physical' and 'damage over time', projectile damage from Iron Grip did not give damage to bleed.
Global physical damage mod on Whalers do give a little bit of damage as compared to maxing resistance with boot.
Crimson dance might be good for more static enemy. Since 6-7sec is enough to proc bleed exactly with the attack speed.

Is the build uber elder viable? Quite doubt with the bleed as they usually stayed stationary, for other bosses too.
Hi there, thanks for the great guide, I'm leveling with it right now. I would like to ask your opinion on a different setup I thought of. So I would use The devouring diadem with enlighten and Solstice vigil, with a Doedre ring for the extra curse. So I could use Grace, Malevolence, and the extra free Temporal chains blasphemy together with vulnerability, plus flesh and stone. I Won't be able to equip war banner though. Do you think it's worth it? How big is temporal chains on endgame bosses? It's quite a big loss of life and I think it would be better for mapping, but I'm not sure about shaper-uber elder. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by Karpathos on Nov 29, 2019, 7:27:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info