[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Returning HoP player: played it a few leagues ago to a decent level (I think I was 15-25m dps), though I still died in the Feared and simulacrum.

I currently have an aurabot duo (but my carry is no longer playing all the time, so there goes my money making) and a HoT character which I not only want to delete, but also burn to the ground (runs well on alch & go without any league mechanics on the map...).

Would the current HoP edition allow me to:

- Farm simulacrum 30, deathless, without having to stress/move too much ( I just want to to cyclone and switch off my brain. Don't want to worry about the bosses or mod combination)
- farm juiced maps with mirror of delirium, and reach end boss without stressing about whether I will die or the fog will catchup
- similarly, farm some delirious maps in a decent time (I guess 60% - 80%, no need to flex on 100% unless the clear speed is fantastic)
- clear Sanctum consistently without worries (isn't cycloning dangerous due to all the AoE the guards and bosses have? Or do you just rely on spiders, but I recall they were not that great for DPS bossing)
- farm Feared (which means reliably do all pinacles bosses deathles)
- uber not required for now
- must be tanky (which the build used to be)
- bonus point if I can tank Maven's memory game (I think I could not with my previous HoP build, yet I see 3.20 builds tanking it with less res/armour... not sure how)

I can invest 20 div easily, another 10 div if it makes a difference, and can farm another 20 for longer term goals if I can do simulacrums/delirium

I was considering other builds, so happy to hear your thoughts about it:
- Arakaali HoAG
- pure Arakaali
- phantasmal creation aegis necro (not sure how efficiently it maps)
- WI trickster
- Flicker ephemereal edge aegis ( this one would be a pain for Sanctum)

edit: just saw that the base PoB only has 6m dps? I am maybe getting confused bu I was sure I hit at least 15m (maybe even 20m+) in prior iterations of the build
Last edited by Zepepsico on Jan 6, 2023, 9:30:28 AM
"
Zepepsico wrote:

edit: just saw that the base PoB only has 6m dps? I am maybe getting confused bu I was sure I hit at least 15m (maybe even 20m+) in prior iterations of the build

"* The spiders' PoB dps seems low, is that normal?

Remember there are 20 spiders, so you have to multiply the dps by 20, and add 5 times the DPS of sentinels." - FAQ section

Upd.: Not quite sure about that, tho. That may be an outdated info.

Last edited by Prof549 on Jan 7, 2023, 4:59:08 AM
i cant seem to activate all the auras, can soemone help me out here? posting PoB

https://pastebin.com/bCNgJfSH

ty in advance
"
painangel wrote:
i cant seem to activate all the auras, can soemone help me out here? posting PoB

https://pastebin.com/bCNgJfSH

ty in advance

The PoB shows no issues activating them.
Maybe i missed something, but right off the bat - you don't have Charisma on your amulet. Maybe that's the issue.
Last edited by Prof549 on Jan 10, 2023, 12:12:46 PM
any good implicit for the arakaali fang to look for?
"
Devilxjk wrote:
any good implicit for the arakaali fang to look for?

All of them are pretty much useless.
Could be "X% increased damage over time", but I'm not sure if it affects the spider's attack(Viper Strike). Sounds like it should, but... Don't quote me on that.

Upd.: PoB shows no increase in damage from that implicit. So I'd assume it does nothing.
Last edited by Prof549 on Jan 11, 2023, 7:36:34 AM
nice build
Last edited by KaraFIRTINA on Jan 29, 2023, 4:01:00 PM
Any idea for good forbidden flesh or forbidden flame for the build?
I added my notes for the 3.21 update. Overall, pretty good.

"
deeLyo wrote:
Any idea for good forbidden flesh or forbidden flame for the build?

Sanctuary of Thought gives a lot of ES and allows us to use a different amulet anointment, but is usually very expensive. Realistically, I would rather go for two rare jewels, which can give a healthy amount of ES, armour, damage, resists, etc.
Last edited by Vatinas on Apr 1, 2023, 8:31:06 AM
The guide is updated for 3.21. Let me know if I missed anything. Cheers and have a good league everyone :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info