[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Quick question as I seem to miss something

Where do you find those cluster jewels?! (Will Shaper, Invigorating Portens etc)

I'm looking them up by name and/or abilities and nothing comes up anywhere!

Thanks

U can add the skill in the Trade site stat filter, i did it and worked fine.
"
TsopKratos wrote:
Quick question as I seem to miss something

Where do you find those cluster jewels?! (Will Shaper, Invigorating Portens etc)

I'm looking them up by name and/or abilities and nothing comes up anywhere!

Thanks

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/lppW5GriV

It works, see my search link^
Last edited by ShinyValkyrie on Mar 27, 2020, 5:40:55 AM
thanks for the answers guys!

With Spirit offering getting nerfed so hard, how are you guys staying alive? Aside from some es on block, there's no way to get your energy shield back other than regular Recharge. And no wicked ward.

I'm having a hard time seeing the recovery. If you're using this build into deep maps, how does it feel?
So i have been using animate guardian for the past day, did shaper, elder and simulacrum and he didn't die, however when spirit offering wasn't up he got hit for half his hp (he regenerated it back completely in less than a second tho) in simulacrum wave 19.

Gear that i'm using on him:
Weapon: Kingmaker (perma fortify+culling strike for all allies nearby, he will stay nearby because of meat shield support)
Helmet: Mask of the stitched demon (10% max hp regen/second for the guardian)
Armour: Grutkhul's pelt (lot of HP and 5% max hp regen/second)
Gloves: Southbound (16% increased maximum life)
Boots: Kaom's roots (lot of HP)

Links:
Animate Guardian(20/20) - Minion Life(20/20) - Meat Shield(20/20)

In passive tree i allocated grave intentions, it's only 5 point away and i think it's a must have. For the 5 points i unallocated ravenous horde until the small node north of arcane will.

I think adding elemental army support as a 4th link would make him unkillable even without spirit offering, but currently i dont have an empty socket for that.

If you are not min-maxing your build i don't think it's worth the investment, but it's definitely a damage upgrade.
so i swapped over to HoP, im just curious if your still using astramentis and shapers touch when using HoP version? if not what would you recommend as replacements?
IGN - DooDum
Last edited by freed0m35 on Mar 27, 2020, 7:02:30 PM
I'm back, after getting the major chunks of the build up and running. Gearing was easy because since I already played in Meta, I knew exactly what to buy (though this league, it's a bit more expensive).

Anyway, I want to thank Vatinas for the big post on cluster jewels because I was literally just now experimenting with them. I had dropped a pile of chaos on a Voices to see if stacking multiple Pure Agony/Cult-Leader jewels was worth it, but I think the DPS seems to average out kind of the same, since you need to drop SO many other wheels in the tree to get all of them.

I came to the same conclusion, opting for one single Pure Agony/Cult Leader cluster, linking into a Will Shaper with +15 ES per small node.

The result is I'm currently sitting at 6936 ES with average gear and jewels, there's more I can pick up here and there (need to annoint my Astramentis and divine it perfect, need to roll max Reserved reduction on the Circle of Guilt to add the last link to HoP, need to look into getting an ES on hit Watcher's, etc.) and I like Herald of Purity MUCH better than I like Herald of Agony. Having to keep virulence stacks up is probably the biggest clunky aspect of the build and I much prefer the defensiveness of being able to hang back and let minions do all the work, even if the build can facetank everything.

It's looking like this build will do exactly the same as it did in Metamorph, and I'm looking forwards to taking it through some Simulacrum runs once I finish my Atlas.
"
freed0m35 wrote:
so i swapped over to HoP, im just curious if your still using astramentis and shapers touch when using HoP version? if not what would you recommend as replacements?

I am, and can't see any real reason not to use both? Astramentis is a huge amount of ES and covers basically all your stat needs, and Shaper's Touch is still competitive even with the reduction in ES per 10Str.
Started the League as Storm Brand but quickly specced into this when I saw some videos as the build seemed hella fun and hella powerful.

I played with HoA for the past week, switched to HoP today and it already feels better to me. Better defenses, and prolly better offenses since I rarely hit 40 virulence with HoA for some reason.

Here's my gear

Upgrades are needed in some places (mostly jewels and 2 more passive points) but I'd say the're just min-maxing (though I'll go for them :P)

This is one of my favorite builds, watching the spideyrs annihilate everything is so much fun <3
Hey all :)

Let me start by saying I'm glad to see such enjoyment around the build! I really love playing it, and it's really nice to see other players having fun too :)

One quick answer to a specific question before I start: we don't take Wicked Ward because it halves our ES regen, which is huge, due to our skill tree and, more importantly, our ascendancy Time of Need. This ES regen is one half of our sustain mechanic, the other one being, as stated in the title of this post, the ES we gain on block thanks to the Aegis Aurora, which can go up to 1200 ES.

Now, I'm currently working on the full 3.10 update, which should be out very soon. I have worked out all the game-related questions, now I just need to write them down in the guide; in the meantime, here's a PoB for an updated Herald of Purity version: https://pastebin.com/j4gSNscH. Note that it's still in early stages, which means no FAQ in the PoB, and no leveling skill trees. It will come later, don't worry ;)

A quick note on a few direct changes I made since last league:

First, I learned that you can get both Pure Agony and Cult-Leader on the same medium cluster jewel, which is huge for damage and is affordable (I bought mine, with 4 passives, for 50c), so I'm going to use this from now on.

Here's a preview of what it looks like and the damage it means:

(You might have to open the picture in another tab to zoom in depending on your screen resolution, sorry about that)

Second, I learned very recently that using fertile catalysts (life and mana modifiers) on a Circle of Guilt (for HoP) or Nostalgia (for HoA) increases the mana reservation reduction, which means that you can get 40% reduced HoP/HoA mana reservation without a perfect roll, and on top of that, if you get a good enough roll to get 44% reduced mana reserved, you can let go of Enlighten, which frees a socket; you're free to do what you want with that socket. I tried several things, and what I ended up finding the most useful is applying an Increased Duration gem to Spirit Offering and (Vaal) Molten Shell. But to each their own! :)

Thank you all for your patience!
Last edited by Vatinas on Mar 29, 2020, 5:57:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info