[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Ow dear, ow my, I did a lab run to get a feel of the build and I got an enchantment that broke my helmet! I lose 1000 ES!

Can you help little Mittens fix his build?
What to do next with my Geezer? Any ideas? Maybe an extra aura?

Edit-bought 3 fertile catalysts and used on the circle of nostalgia and I now can fit in flesh and stone as well. Going with blood!

Edit 2 - One thing this build can NOT do is blighted maps. Trial run was a disaster
Last edited by snowmittens on Feb 7, 2020, 10:21:10 AM
I wanted to pop in and thank you for a great build for this league. I make a lot of characters every league and can highly recommend this to anyone who has struggled with finding a well-rounded build that can do all content. While this build can be expensive to league start, it can be played as a standard summoner while you build gear and currency.

Personal thoughts:

Pros:
- Incredibly tanky. The only fight I ever die in is Sirus A8 and that is usually when I am out of flasks to remove corrupted blood. A corrupted jewel can mitigate this.
- Great bosser. See tanky. As long as you are keeping up crawler and cycloning you are going to survive most attacks.
- Middle cost range. While it seems daunting to get started, it is actually one of the cheaper builds that I put together for high level content.
- Run any map mod. No regen is the only sketchy one and it really isn't that common. Just pop in a mana flask for those maps so they aren't annoying.
- Can run ridiculously juiced up maps.
- Great delver

Cons:
- Slow. Not the slowest and killspeed is fine. It just doesn't move as fast as a good mapping build.
- Spiders are not always up. Any fight with adds you will be fine. But they can go down during phases unpredictably and when they do they can be tricky to get back up at times.
- Requires you to get timeless jewel to feel truly godly. I can't stress this enough, but until your block is above 50% you will have to pay attention to metamorphs and bosses.
- Not good for legion & blight. Every build has its limitations, right? This build does not do well on these encounters as coverage is a problem.

Thanks again for giving me my "go to" build of the league!
Great guide , this is my personal variation.

In Arakali fang MODE FARM/Bligh/Incursion Awakened Melee Physical Damage , Withering Touch and Awakened Melee Splash

Mode Inmortal add Aegis Aurora corrupted with determinacion lvl 23.
In Arakali fang Awakened Melee Physical Damage , Withering Touch and Deathmark

lvl 100 in 28 days with 90 Deaths and mapping alone T15/16 and Delve.
All Maps in awakener lvl 8 and all Final content
HOA or HOP which one you prefer
This build is getting significant nerf as from 3.10, any ideas how to overcome nerfs ?
"
chopesh wrote:
This build is getting significant nerf as from 3.10, any ideas how to overcome nerfs ?

From what i see between patch notes and the new jewels they kinda gonna be able to do more dmg than before
"
chopesh wrote:
I'm thinking we need to replace shapers touch & astramentis. So this gives us 2 more rare items we can play with. Go for giga ES gloves, get a ton of dex on ammy for HoAG, easier to get resistances and +1 gems on ammy as well now. Have to figure out best way to give up tree nodes so we can spec into the new cluster jewels. Also have to see the weights on new notables to see how difficult it will be to roll.

These 2 new notables will be HUGE for us to help mitigate a lot of ES that we're losing on gloves + Radiant Faith.
"
Energy From Naught
+100 to maximum Energy Shield

Will Shaper
Gain 5% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield

Should be good to mitigate some of the HoAG damage, even though it wasn't our main damage dealer.
"
Pure Agony
+1 to maximum number of Sentinels of Purity
+5 to Maximum Virulence
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald

I was looking forward this build as a league started, let's hope it gets an update for 3.10! :)
"
"
chopesh wrote:
I'm thinking we need to replace shapers touch & astramentis. So this gives us 2 more rare items we can play with. Go for giga ES gloves, get a ton of dex on ammy for HoAG, easier to get resistances and +1 gems on ammy as well now. Have to figure out best way to give up tree nodes so we can spec into the new cluster jewels. Also have to see the weights on new notables to see how difficult it will be to roll.

These 2 new notables will be HUGE for us to help mitigate a lot of ES that we're losing on gloves + Radiant Faith.
"
Energy From Naught
+100 to maximum Energy Shield

Will Shaper
Gain 5% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield

Should be good to mitigate some of the HoAG damage, even though it wasn't our main damage dealer.
"
Pure Agony
+1 to maximum number of Sentinels of Purity
+5 to Maximum Virulence
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald

I came here to say exactly what you said :p I 100% agree with everything you said. As for the nodes to refund, I'm confident there are some nodes we can take out, I'll work it out. :)

"
Cidgeno wrote:
I was looking forward this build as a league started, let's hope it gets an update for 3.10! :)

No worries, I'm committed to updating this build, so it will get an update :) I'm 100% sure it will still be good, even though we will probably lose some ES, but we won't lose any ES on block, which is our main source of survivability. The only I'm not sure about is when I'll be able to try it out myself, since it requires some currency to get started and I'm not the quickest farmer there is out there. Anyway, I went through all new notables and am planning to list the ones I think are interesting.

Thank you all for your patience! I hope you have as much fun with the build in this league as I had in the past leagues :D

Edit: I wrote the 3.10 changes, feel free to check them out :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Mar 12, 2020, 12:55:42 PM
I was hoping for a proper update for 3.10

Sucks because Ive been supporting this build for leagues now :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info