[3.8] The Zombie Trail (Bubonic Trail zombie loop)

Hello, I have been following you for a long time, from building HOT firefly, I really like it, but unfortunately it is no longer suitable for the current version.
For your current build, I'd like to ask is there a way to make it look like building Spider Thief, which means we're not being seen by monsters ... but can we still do damage?
Thank you very much !!!
P / s: Sorry, I don't know English, and I have to use google translate: D
"
nohssiw19592 wrote:
Hello, I have been following you for a long time, from building HOT firefly, I really like it, but unfortunately it is no longer suitable for the current version.
For your current build, I'd like to ask is there a way to make it look like building Spider Thief, which means we're not being seen by monsters ... but can we still do damage?
Thank you very much !!!
P / s: Sorry, I don't know English, and I have to use google translate: D

no, u need Aukuna's Will gloves for zombies. Spider thief needs Shackles of the Wretched
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Hi..can you kill the Uber elder with this build?
Dude, like your build. The looop works fine.
But I'm gulping down life flasks (and quartz) on tier 1 maps and if I don't I get ripped apart after 3 steps.
I'm lvl 73 and I have all the keystones except Unwavering Stance, all noteables, Elegant Hubris gives me one time 80 % increased minion life, but it's not worth travelling there on the skill tree. SO I took some alternative 20 % minion lifes.
I'm missing Corpse Pact, but Uber Lab is unthinkable at the moment.
I've got 3.6k life and .5k ES. Res are 71/75/29/-38 (lightning is low, I know).
I've got a belt with 19 % cooldown and an armour that gives me life and res, no Kaom's.

What am I missing here? Probably 2k life :/
"
But I'm gulping down life flasks (and quartz) on tier 1 maps and if I don't I get ripped apart after 3 steps.
I'm lvl 73 and I have all the keystones except Unwavering Stance, all noteables, Elegant Hubris gives me one time 80 % increased minion life, but it's not worth travelling there on the skill tree. SO I took some alternative 20 % minion lifes.
I've got a belt with 19 % cooldown and an armour that gives me life and res, no Kaom's.

It comes down to how much HP your zombies have. Mine have 90k tooltip HP, not including corpse pact, which should make them around 95k. Lets round up and say 100k hp, which would heal me for 2k when they die.

With 2 heartbound rings, you take 700 damage each time they die. Ideally you want no less than 50k zombie hp, working your way up to much higher numbers.

Also keep in mind, the build is more of a meme, so you can expect some hiccups =D
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"

It comes down to how much HP your zombies have. Mine have 90k tooltip HP, not including corpse pact, which should make them around 95k. Lets round up and say 100k hp, which would heal me for 2k when they die.

With 2 heartbound rings, you take 700 damage each time they die. Ideally you want no less than 50k zombie hp, working your way up to much higher numbers.

Also keep in mind, the build is more of a meme, so you can expect some hiccups =D

Thanks for the quick reply.
Oh, I should have read that it's 2% of THEIR life. Ok, I'm almost at 50k :) So generic zombie/spectre build and more painful levelling for me.

...dying from hiccups xD

I wanted to give a little update, as this build puts a smile on my face:
As predicted, from 50k zombie life on, you can start running low tier maps.
I spent maybe 1 ex of currency to get my char to 4k life (lvl 80) and the zombies to 65.5k (11/23 gem, life support is 18/20), my elemental res are capped. I added blasphemy+enfeeble and flesh and stone in sand stance for more survivability (6 spare sockets from chest).

Today, I tried Uber Lab, but failed 4 times (one time killed in the final battle).
Shrines you should not get: Impenetrable (too much phys mitigation) and Acceleration (too fast for the zombies to follow).
Shrines that are fun: Brutal. Inspired by this one, I added knockback support to the BV. Adds some survivability as well, but not as good as perma-knockback from the shrine.

So last ascendancy and 6 more skillpoints needed to get the remaining minion life nodes on the tree. Let's see how it's going to work out.
Last edited by willi_wuterich on Oct 27, 2019, 5:28:07 PM
Hey there!
I love the build idea, so I wanted to give it a shot.
So I rebuilt my necro in standard (lvl 81) around this build just for fun, and there's something not working.

I can't get the loop to start. Well, not all the time.
It seems like the Raise Zombie cannot always proc, as if I wasn't receiving the damage from the 2x Heartbound Loop.

I got every items required.
My belt is at 14% Cooldown Recovery.
My CwDT gem for my Raise Zombie is restrained at Lvl 1.
I'm sitting on 20% Dmg reduction, 3.5k Life, >300 ES, 75/66/76 resists.

The only thing I could see is my zombies Life still below 50k, so they would die too quickly.
(and I can't really get higher without spending more than I feel like I should for a meme build - I don't have Endgame budget in my pockets unfortunately :( )

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it?
Last edited by MAYWest_WTBS on Oct 30, 2019, 5:55:40 PM
"
MAYWest_WTBS wrote:
unfortunately :( )

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it?

it sounds like you have too much armour/phys reduction, or perhaps you are running too fast. Keep mind that if you run fast, you will kill the zombies at a faster rate (this happens to me when I use a quicksilver flask, so I limit its use to large monster packs only where there are other corpses)
I'll see what I can change to help!

Thanks for the reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info