[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
so seems to be going well for me atm but i do sometimes get 1 shot. what would you suggest i change/save up for. items wise?
I know i need to change the sockets on my boots, not had any luck with colour rolls lately.
https://pastebin.com/38c3z3yz

Your gear has almost 0 life on it, no life on body, no life on rings, amulet. If you are struggling with capping chaos res on your budget for divine flesh then I woudl recommend just skipping it for now and get some nice high life high res rares instead and drillneck for now because your DPS isnt that great atm too. Your bow is also missin flat chaos what is huge damage loss.

Thank you. ill work on that.
"
snn1085 wrote:

thx for the build op. what do u guys think that should i improve? ty for responses..

I would advice the following.

Try to get a better quiver
See the first page on "crafting your own gear" for some details of what mods to look for; for this build I really like a frenzy quiver (for bossing; blood rage sort outs frenzy gen. for mapping) looking something like these two:

If you find frenzy generation from blood rage sufficient, or if you'd simply want a stronger quiver for regular map bosses + metamorphs (where a lot of mobs usually means no issues with frenzy generation), you could go for an even more damage focused one, something like the following:

Look into improving your jewels to facilitate tailwind boots
I see that you are relying quite heavily on your boots for resistences. A pair of tailwind (and even better +elusive) boots is a huge quality of life investment, but possibly redundant as you are already running HH.

Either way, I think you can improve some on your jewels. For example, your Glyph Heart jewel looks great, but it only has 3 mods. I would consider fingers crossed and exalt slam it.

Get a perfect Coralito's signature!
You're currently running at 69% (increased duration of poisons [..]) Coralito's, but you have a headhunter! Perfect Coralito's (75%) are spare change, and this extra 6% is not negligible.

Look into getting +1 frenzy charges on the Fenumus' Weave
As the title says: even a 40-ish "increased damage with hits and ailments" Fenumus with +1 frenzy charges beats, with a large margin, a perfect one with no +1 charges. This improvement should go hand in hand with a frenzy generation quiver if you want the damage increase to take effect also for non-mob-generating bosses (e.g. Sirius).
Last edited by artradis on Feb 15, 2020, 7:07:25 AM
hey guys what lab enchant i must looks for gloves for this build? or all of them useless

right now i have Commandment of Reflection
"
QuadroTony wrote:
hey guys what lab enchant i must looks for gloves for this build? or all of them useless

right now i have Commandment of Reflection

Most glove enchantments are quite useless, and should only be considered utility tools for other mechanisms.

For this build, particularly, in case you have a hard time finding somewhere to fit fire damage to attacks (needed for an extra damage boost from Cinderswallow), the Commandment of Flames (or the lesser X of Flames) enchantment(s) can play (part of) this role.
Have anyone tried to incorporate Bottled Faith in this build? I'm experimenting with switching out Cinderswallow for it for tough (non-mob-generating) bosses, but ideally I would like to get a chance for onslaught on hit on a jewel for this to really take effect.
"
artradis wrote:
Have anyone tried to incorporate Bottled Faith in this build? I'm experimenting with switching out Cinderswallow for it for tough (non-mob-generating) bosses, but ideally I would like to get a chance for onslaught on hit on a jewel for this to really take effect.

For bottled faith to be really effective the build would need to be a lot more crit oriented imo (what means stuff like assassination, lethality, king of the hill on tree).
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
artradis wrote:

For bottled faith to be really effective the build would need to be a lot more crit oriented imo (what means stuff like assassination, lethality, king of the hill on tree).

Yeah I guess the +#% crit chance doesn't give us as much as it does for higher crit builds, thanks. Good point with Lethality. Note though that those of us that run a Large Ring Thread of Hope allocates King of the Hill. POB reports my crit chance/effective crit chance as 22.8%/40.0% without Bottled Faith, which I guess is reasonably high. With a high-rolled Bottled Faith I land at 31.6%/52.7%. I see that with Bottled Faith active the Lethality notable becomes a huge DPS increase (40.2%/63.5%), but I would have to chunk off defense to get those extra three passives (or level some), which I don't really see myself needing.

Increased crit aside, the 40% increased damage and +10% enemies increased damage taken is quite huge though, and could motivate a boss-flask-swap over Cinderswallow, particularly if we can get onslaught from other sources (e.g. a Jewel) (and we needn't worry about a +fire damage mod, which I currently have at my Eye Jewel; this opens up for some mod shuffling).

I've seen quite a few top SA'ers run either Bottled Faith or Sin's Rebirth instead of Cinderswallow. Do you have any thoughts on the latter?
Last edited by artradis on Feb 15, 2020, 2:28:39 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
artradis wrote:

I tried swapping Bottled Faith with my Forbidden Taste instead of with Cinderswallow. I thought it would make me too squishy, but it feels great; I just had a try at A8 Sirius and was nearly deathless.

So now I'm running both Cinderswallow and Bottled Faith, and with consecrated ground there's no longer as big of a need for the many 'regenerate #% of life per second' mods that I have stacked on my gear as well as in my tree. To begin with I removed Heart of Oak and thus managed to reach the Lethality notable (that you mentioned above, thanks!), but I'm keeping the remaining regen mods to stay just below the degen from Blood Rage when Bottled Faith is not active.

As I already have phasing from my Watcher's Eye ('You have Phasing while affected by Haste' combined with Vaal Haste), the sole biggest loss from Forbidden Taste is neither life recovery nor phasing, but the 10% dodge attack hits/spells. I will feel it out and report back after a few days, maybe my constant elusive helps to mitigate this a bit. I should look into squeezing a blind on hit mod in somewhere to further mitigate the lack of dodge from the quartz.

So, at the limit of being (theoretically) squishy, but whilst still feeling great in-game (also for survivability, might be that I kill things, even late-state bosses, so quickly now), I'm now currently at the following stats.

Defence
- 5.9k life
- 67% chance to evade attacks
- 60% chance to dodge attacks
- 54% chance to dodge spells
- 75% (over-capped) ele resists, 86% chaos resist
- 82% elemental damage mitigation (all elements)
- 35% physical damage mitigation

Offense
(Damage is Scourge Arrow Thorn Arrows + Release at 5 Stages)
- 37.7mil Shaper DPS w/ Mirage Archer variation
- 45.3mil Shaper DPS w/ Vile Toxins variation

Pastebin.
Last edited by artradis on Feb 15, 2020, 3:16:17 PM
Is this Bow worth using over Darkscorn?

Anyone mind looking at my gear and pob for my character "AnotherFailedBuild" under the PS4 username "Poetical-Lies"? I'm kind of just looking at a tree and have no idea if I'm going to the right areas. This is my gear:

I don't know what to upgrade next or what most of my gems should even be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info