[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Pitou6 wrote:
For the first time in the game I decided to create a bow hero xD, always played melee build, I want to throw about 60-80 EX to the build, someone has a profile or what can I strive for? I want to farm Sirius 8 and T16 map without problems xD
I speak English too bad, sorry

As you have quite a large budget you could have a look at mimicking my build, as I've focused quite a lot on min-maxing this season: Pastebin PoB Link.

Cruises through and melts most content.

I'm currently at:

Defence
- 6.2k life
- 68% chance to evade attacks
- 53% chance to dodge attacks
- 53% chance to dodge spells
- 82% elemental damage mitigation (all elements)
- 36% physical damage mitigation

Offense
(Damage is Scourge Arrow Thorn Arrows + Release at 5 Stages)
- 22.1mil Shaper DPS w/ Vile Toxins (I use this for maps and most bosses/metamorphs)
- 18.3mil Shaper DPS w/ Mirage Archer (I use this for e.g. Sirius fight)

Future improvements
I still have some room to grow for another few million Shaper DPS with:
- Two of my weaker awakening gems are still only lvl 4 (another ~0.5mil)
- Tailwind boots (another ~2.5mil)
- +1 frenzy charge corruption on gloves (another ~1.5mil)
- Helmet with chaos res to facilitate swapping in another pure damage nostalgia (another ~1mil)
- Watcher's Eye with '+#% increased Attack Speed while affected by Precision', but I will probably skip this as I'm quite happy with my QoL-focused triple '+#% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence', 'Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision', and 'You have Phasing while affected by Haste' (the last useful via Vaal Haste)
- Grind to lvl 99 (maybe not ...) for another 4 skills points and grab Avatar of the Hunt circle for another ~1.5mil + more evasion and movement speed

If I were to manage all these improvements I will land at 30+mil Shaper DPS for the Vile Toxins variation, and 25+mil Shaper DPS for the Mirage Archer variation, but the last two bullets currently feels unlikely/far away.
Last edited by artradis on Feb 5, 2020, 1:15:27 PM
"
artradis wrote:
"
Pitou6 wrote:
For the first time in the game I decided to create a bow hero xD, always played melee build, I want to throw about 60-80 EX to the build, someone has a profile or what can I strive for? I want to farm Sirius 8 and T16 map without problems xD
I speak English too bad, sorry

As you have quite a large budget you could have at mimicking my build, as I've focused quite a lot on min-maxing this season: Pastebin PoB Link.

Cruises through and melts most content.

I'm currently at:

Defence
- 6.2k life
- 68% chance to evade attacks
- 53% chance to dodge attacks
- 53% chance to dodge spells
- 82% elemental damage mitigation (all elements)
- 36% physical damage mitigation

Offense
- 22.1mil Shaper DPS w/ Vile Toxins (I use this for maps and most bosses/metamorphs)
- 18.3mil Shaper DPS w/ Mirage Archer (I use thos for e.g. Sirius fight)

Future improvements
I still have some room to grow for another few million Shaper DPS with:
- Tailwind boots
- +1 frenzy charge corruption on gloves
- Helmet with chaos res to facilitate swapping in another pure damage nostalgia
- Watcher's Eye with '+#% increased Attack Speed while affected by Precision', but I will probably skip this as I'm quite happy with my QoL-focused triple '+#% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence', 'Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision', and 'You have Phasing while affected by Haste' (the last useful via Vaal Haste).

yo, thank you very much, I will continue to follow you in little steps :)
Last edited by Pitou6 on Feb 5, 2020, 1:06:27 PM
"
Pitou6 wrote:

yo, thank you very much, I will continue to follow you in little steps :)
One question, do we need crit on the our body armor, or only mana cost, res and life?

I would start with life, life %# regen (blood rage and forbidden taste sustain), mana cost and possibly res. There are a few quite cheap variations of that variation (low res though) on the market (~5ex). If you add a hunters mod (either +1 curse or a physical damage taken as chaos defensive roll) they shoot up in price. Depending on how you balance your other gear, something like these two are probably best in slot-ish:

I say -ish as I saw someone post a crazy double corrupted chest some pages back.

There are also variations using e.g. Farrul's Fur, but I haven't used that approach myself. I've seen a few others in this thread use it though, so they can hopefully comment on that variation.

@Johny_Snow for example.
Last edited by artradis on Feb 5, 2020, 2:07:05 PM
What should I do with leftover mana?

I'm running Precision, Malevolence, Herald of Agony.

With Charisma and a Level 4 Enlighten, I have about 20-25% Mana left.

I can't fit in Skitterbots.

POB says Herald of Purity is the biggest DPS increase I can fit in.

Would it be better to juice up my Herald of Agony instead? I could give it Culling Strike and/or Damage on Full life?

Any ideas would be appreciated. :)
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

Would it be better to juice up my Herald of Agony instead? I could give it Culling Strike and/or Damage on Full life?

With that setup, getting a bit lower level precision and using Fenumus Weave would be probably best, Aspect is not that big but aspect + fenumus is huge.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
livejamie wrote:

You should run Aspect of the Spider (or Aspect of the Cat, perhaps). You can get it on a suffix or through Fenumu's Weave gloves (with this you will most probably have to run Impresence amulet).

you might need to lower precision level.
Last edited by Nikklaz on Feb 5, 2020, 3:02:17 PM
I'm currently able to kill everything more or less but I still tend to die on highly juiced T16 bosses and am struggling with Siris (Siris is probably due to me only trying twice and not really reading up much on the fight). I'm trying to figure out my best path for upgrade sat this point as I have around 10-15 ex to spend and I was hoping to get some advice on here.

My initial plan was to switch to Fenumus Weave but to due this I'll need to make up the missing chaos res somewhere and before I know it I have to adjust half my gear to make it work. One question I had is if I get Enlighten lvl 4 and drop to precision lvl 1 I will only have 94% hit chance, is this acceptable?

I also know I need to (somehow) increase my int a bit so I can max out wither / malevolence.

Thread of hope seems to be another popular path to take but I am struggling to get POB to function with "unlinked" nodes. Until I figure this out I can't really tell what type of boost I will get from this gem and if it will be worth it for me. Anyone have a POB tip here?

Have ~12ex
Where can I get the most bang for my buck?
Resists are pretty tight and I feel like that's stopping me from swapping pieces like ring and neck

"
artradis wrote:

Offense
- 18.3mil Shaper DPS w/ Mirage Archer (I use this for e.g. Sirius fight)

Question: How do you have that much more damage than me? I don't really see better gear, care to explain? I'm at 15.5 M with mirage archer.

I love the build, thank you very much for the guide. Been playing it since league start and have invested way over 100 ex overall. However I'm getting kinda bored after ~ 300 hours this league. Will finish some challenges and then either try something different or take a break from PoE until next league.
I got myself some usable Tailwind boots last week, they don't have elusive on crit, but will do for now. Every other upgrade I can think of will cost me 50 ex + or require some insane luck (like corruptions on Amulet / Chest etc).

So for now the final stats with flasks active are:
15.4M Shaper dps (+1.1M dps if you'd like to add Plague Bearer, which is active almost all of the time)
6058 Life
82% Evade
54% Attack Dodge
44% Spell Dodge
76% Cold res
87% Chaos res
40% Phys taken as chaos
6% phys taken as cold
153% movement speed

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/nWLvAY7w

Final numbers might be a bit higher, since my awakened gems are close to lvl 5.

Thanks again for the guide. :)
Last edited by Schmocke on Feb 6, 2020, 3:25:01 AM
Is Darkscorn really the end game bow? Or I should stick with the rare thicket bow with +40% dot multiplier? I see a lot of people post their gear with darkscorn lately...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info