Designing the Legion Jewels - Part Two

Ok, first of; cool that you made these; they are new and unique in a game that already has quite a lot in it as is.

That being said; they have big downsides too of which the first is that you give up a jewel slot AND a normal keystone in the process. Secondly it seems they mostly have synergy with expensive builds that are mainly obtainable through trading a lot. For the weaker/ssf builds the downsides seem too big for the profits they provide.

I would like to try 2 or 3 of these if i ever find them, since i don't want to mitigate the fun of it by simply trading for it. Let's see if the drop rates are forgiving for people with an actual job.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
I really dislike these. It was such a great idea and concept in every way.... until you decided to do the Random Seed BS. Trade is annoying and toxic enough an experience in POE without having to buy items before knowing what they will do exactly. If the Jewels behaved in a consistant way, or if we had some sort of tool to figure out what a Seed does or what seed to look for, they could have been such a great addition to the game.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2545654

Ya, I know about that info.

That doesn't address my complaint, at all. Look at the chart. What does a Kurui Jewel do to Notables in radius? "Random Mods". What does an Eternal Empire do to Notables? "Random Mods". What does a Vaal Jewel do to both small nodes and Notables? "Random Mods". What does a Templar Jewel do to Notables? +5 Devotion - OR - "Random Mods". What does a Mereketh do to NOtables? "Random Mods".

We can tell what a Jewel does to Keystones by the Personality. We know what an Eternal Empire jewel will do to small notables (remove them). Outside of that, everything is either a big list of Random mods controlled by the Jewel's Seed, or one of a small list of outcomes (for example, Karui add either +2 or +4 str to small passives).

The point is, while that chart is nifty and all for helping us to know how the jewel will affect big keystones..... it does shit-all for telling us what to expect for the most part on all the other passives in radius. That is all deliberately obscured from us, and the only way to know is to buy or trade for a jewel, socket, and see.

And the differences can be huge. One streamer I know cyled dozens of Jewels in a slot. He wanted the 'Supreme Grandstanding' Keystone, so all the jewels he bought gave him that, but the other effects were wildly variable. The one he ended up going with was one that also gave him 10% increased life.

Rather or not you get 10% increased life out of a jewel socket is kind of a big deal! But the only way to get that 10% increased life is to either be a streamer who can be trusted by strangers to test dozens of jewels to find the good one, or buy dozens of jewels to test them.
Funny
"
SerChivalry wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Funny, from what I've seen legion was one of the better recieved leagues in the last year.
The permanently gimping your character makes literally no sense, just remove the jewel if you don't like it.
The new keystones are actually really good if you know how to use them correctly.
"I don't see everyone agreeing with my point of view, so the devs are obviously deleting the truth"
Welcome to Wraeclast... Well what are you waiting for?
Time To WRECK SHIT

flame totem - knockback + max dodge chance = NANANANANANANA CANT TOUCH THIS
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jun 21, 2019, 10:39:39 AM
Spoiler
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
I really dislike these. It was such a great idea and concept in every way.... until you decided to do the Random Seed BS. Trade is annoying and toxic enough an experience in POE without having to buy items before knowing what they will do exactly. If the Jewels behaved in a consistant way, or if we had some sort of tool to figure out what a Seed does or what seed to look for, they could have been such a great addition to the game.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2545654

Ya, I know about that info.

That doesn't address my complaint, at all. Look at the chart. What does a Kurui Jewel do to Notables in radius? "Random Mods". What does an Eternal Empire do to Notables? "Random Mods". What does a Vaal Jewel do to both small nodes and Notables? "Random Mods". What does a Templar Jewel do to Notables? +5 Devotion - OR - "Random Mods". What does a Mereketh do to NOtables? "Random Mods".

We can tell what a Jewel does to Keystones by the Personality. We know what an Eternal Empire jewel will do to small notables (remove them). Outside of that, everything is either a big list of Random mods controlled by the Jewel's Seed, or one of a small list of outcomes (for example, Karui add either +2 or +4 str to small passives).

The point is, while that chart is nifty and all for helping us to know how the jewel will affect big keystones..... it does shit-all for telling us what to expect for the most part on all the other passives in radius. That is all deliberately obscured from us, and the only way to know is to buy or trade for a jewel, socket, and see.

And the differences can be huge. One streamer I know cyled dozens of Jewels in a slot. He wanted the 'Supreme Grandstanding' Keystone, so all the jewels he bought gave him that, but the other effects were wildly variable. The one he ended up going with was one that also gave him 10% increased life.

Rather or not you get 10% increased life out of a jewel socket is kind of a big deal! But the only way to get that 10% increased life is to either be a streamer who can be trusted by strangers to test dozens of jewels to find the good one, or buy dozens of jewels to test them.

you can get 4-5 of the jewels per timeless domain if you're halfway decent at killing the mobs, so it's not like it takes years to find good one. Jewels that get as powerful as these should be difficult to find, you know.

Spoiler
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
Kinda interesting but the whole downside, upside thing is gimmicky

I can't keep all of the GGG notes/gameplay hints straight, but it's a "key" development issue, according to them, that they make them with downsides.

So, yeah bad design.

I liked the first installment of this.

[Removed by Support]

Yes, keystones are supposed to have downsides. Knowing how to use them effectively includes minimizing the effect of those downsides and maximizing the effect of the upsides. It's worked like this for years. Your last sentence is just badgering, considering that the designers provided concise as well as accurate examples of how the keystones work, and the majority of them are really good if you find the right build.
Welcome to Wraeclast... Well what are you waiting for?
Time To WRECK SHIT

flame totem - knockback + max dodge chance = NANANANANANANA CANT TOUCH THIS
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jun 21, 2019, 10:40:43 AM
so cool :D
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
I really dislike these.
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Second Sight + Doryani's Fist = BOOM!

Also, something about an Unarmed blind guy just exploding the whole screen with 1 attack sounds extremely appealing to me.
Last edited by Mindtroverted on Jun 21, 2019, 4:49:07 PM
I like discovering new things :) Especially through random seeds. Great and tame league. It feels like one of those that could of been here since day one, but a fresh breath of air. I can think of many uses for these new keystones.
Last edited by Dementica on Jun 22, 2019, 2:02:03 PM
What's with the heavy moderating of everyone fourm posts by GGG

Stuff is still horribly bugged

Blade flurry literally not doing any damage most of the time. All the utmost str/dex/int not converting with jewels like training, brute force solution etc.

I absolutely hate the design philosophy of nerf everything people like playing in order to make other skills so call more "interesting" taking a build from doing 60 million dps to 2.2 million is unacceptable. Maybe slight nerf so it's in line with other good builds doing 10-20mil in endgame gear is fine but gutting it's damage potential by 95% just because it's popular is plain bullshit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info