3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

"
werchiel wrote:
Oh boy I've been waiting for this fix. I'm doing this again (like last time however I'm gonna stack chance to freeze) since SST has always been one of my personal favourites.

I will check if it does indeed affect SST when I'm back home. Fingers crossed.

"
Tixout wrote:
In most recent patch :

"
Fixed a bug where various skills didn't chain as many times as they should have.

I don't have the build going right now, can someone report if this affects us ?

It seems to be fixed as far as i can tell, with just using chaining from the deadeye ascendancy and divide and conquer. I can't really speak to any of the other mechanics, But it's atleast playable now.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
It is fully functional again.

Anyone have a good crit tree for SST?
There's the new sceptre experimental base for Heist with the elemental overload.

I'm planning on giving it a shot and using the points traveling to the node for cluster jewels. Have you experimented with this or thought about it and said "nah"?
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
It is fully functional again.

Anyone have a good crit tree for SST?

I've tried crit SST in the past, you can get decent multi already the issue is getting base crit and enough damage to care for it. I wouldn't suggest doing it unless you have a solid plan.

"
misterfob wrote:
There's the new sceptre experimental base for Heist with the elemental overload.

I'm planning on giving it a shot and using the points traveling to the node for cluster jewels. Have you experimented with this or thought about it and said "nah"?

This idea is probably the best bet, you lose like 40% ele compared to a normal sceptre, and you have to redeemer slam which is kinda a downside, But other than that, you get some nice increased damage options in clusters. prettymuch all of them are applicable, The small nodes for shield are kinda lackluster but i haven't looked at the numbers for them yet.

I might in some downtime throw together a tree with options for jewels, but it should be pretty straight forward if you're planning it yourself.
Great guide. Thanks.

I think about playing SST on a Deadeye later this season after gathering some currency. Tested it in the past but was a bit sticky to my Bleedglad. The travel to EO, even worth, was using so much points.

Adding a Follow-Through cluster and saving 15 points with an Oscillating Sceptre sounds really good.

Working on a tree currently. I saw you dropped Herald of Ice which was for me a nice part of Clearing, but adding Aspect is a nice Single Target boost. In 3.12 there is now also Sniper's Mark for bossing. Did you think about adding Pandemonius to the build, or is it just to expensive and not worth in comparison to a Phys as Cold + Life Amulet.

"
Pimmalage wrote:
I might in some downtime throw together a tree with options for jewels, but it should be pretty straight forward if you're planning it yourself.

Would be really nice. I also think the tree is straight forward, but it's always nice to see another point of view.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
"
paLe1337 wrote:
Great guide. Thanks.

I think about playing SST on a Deadeye later this season after gathering some currency. Tested it in the past but was a bit sticky to my Bleedglad. The travel to EO, even worth, was using so much points.

Adding a Follow-Through cluster and saving 15 points with an Oscillating Sceptre sounds really good.

Working on a tree currently. I saw you dropped Herald of Ice which was for me a nice part of Clearing, but adding Aspect is a nice Single Target boost. In 3.12 there is now also Sniper's Mark for bossing. Did you think about adding Pandemonius to the build, or is it just to expensive and not worth in comparison to a Phys as Cold + Life Amulet.

"
Pimmalage wrote:

Would be really nice. I also think the tree is straight forward, but it's always nice to see another point of view.

https://pastebin.com/Sdbw5yzk

Probably something like this (Just used the main thread pastebin) - You can go 2 mediums if you want to lose some life from scion life wheel, or just use the 1 medium. The damage is quite a lot already and POB doesn't calculate the second line of Eye to Eye so there 70% proj damage that isn't being used (if you're nearby).
I had a look through all the mods and those 3 on large clusters seem like the best? while also giving utility.

Also another note if you go for this route, you'll need a lot more int on gear (Around about 45-50ish)

and finally Pandemonius isn't a bad amulet choice at all, it would get hugely more benefit if you were evasion scaling heavy in the build, but the added attributes/resistance and life are very useful along with it being about <5%~ difference in damage if that, depending on your rare amulet.
Last edited by Pimmalage on Sep 25, 2020, 6:33:59 AM
hey your pob link isnt working, i would really like to give this build a try :)
"
bowking135 wrote:
hey your pob link isnt working, i would really like to give this build a try :)

It seems to be working fine on my end, could it be you aren't using POB Community Fork?
If not you can grab it here:
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

Prettymuch a community updated branch of POB since the original creator can't really devote enough time to keeping it up-to-date.
Hey Pimmalage,

I played this build a ways back I think in legion league, decided to make it as my 2nd build in heist after getting a little bored with my earthshatter guy. Was curious what you think I'm missing on my build my single target seems a bit lack luster right now.

Im assuming I have a brain fart somewhere in the build that I'm not seeing, thanks

I have a double hatred watchers eye as well with the gear for the cold conversion and increased cold damage

Gear:
Spoiler
"
Viris wrote:
Hey Pimmalage,

I played this build a ways back I think in legion league, decided to make it as my 2nd build in heist after getting a little bored with my earthshatter guy. Was curious what you think I'm missing on my build my single target seems a bit lack luster right now.

So i can list quite a few things you 'can' upgrade but like i say prettymuch all over the build it's not going to be insanely good single-target, but totally do-able for all content. I'll break down all the points you could be getting damage.

For starters - Auras: Herald of ice when it actually procs feels pretty nice but ultimately useless everywhere else, gives negligible flat for a 25% reservation. I would suggest if you can fit it in grab aspect of the spider.

Frost bomb and utility stuff - This build can be rather annoying on single-target to lay down all the needed things to amplify damage having it on cwdt makes for the uptime to be pretty abysmal and not worth using even. I would suggest if you want better uptime and still less effort to move them to a trigger weapon - Which brings me to the next point.

You weapon while fine can give you so much more in terms of raw dps.
An Ewar's with just a Penetration corruption (Which is global) is going to give you around 70k more dps. Super simple cheap and easy. If you want to spend more you can shop around for sceptres (mainly just for %elemental damage implicit) that have Phys as extra and Damage penetrates Cold res. If there are some cheap ones, find one with an open prefix and craft %Cold - This gives you around 170k more dps (https://i.imgur.com/tCzQujT.png) If you find one or craft one (using frigid fossils on redeemer base) that has all 3 of those you can craft trigger socketed spells, Auto casting your frost bomb and sniper's mark with ease - Although Marks are a bit awkward when auto-cast at the moment.

Jewels, anything with attack speed life % cold or %Proj are very good for the build.
possibly going for a Frenzy on hit chest if you dislike using Lioneye's vision - Or alternative quality blood rage (Although i'm not sure how expensive it is).
-9% cold res helm although quite an expensive thing.
Atziri's promise / Taste of hate
Opal rings
Possibly going for a Elemental overload sceptre and going for cluster jewels (i posted about this setup previously if you look for the examples i gave there).

Long and short you're missing quite a bit of potential damage some of it cheap but can get expensive quite quick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info