3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

So I am not sure yet if i will do SST as league starter this time around. But man some of the cluster jewels are for sure going to make me give SST another run this league.

I did the gladiator bleed version last go around thinking maybe I will try it with this style this time.

Although im wondering if the bleed playstyle might be better with things like:

Kineticism
Attack Projectiles always inflict Bleeding and Maim, and Knock Back Enemies
Projectiles cannot Pierce, Fork or Chain

Compound Injury
50% increased Damage with Bleeding you inflict on Maimed Enemies

Vivid Hues
+12% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Bleeding
2% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life against Bleeding Enemies
20% increased total Recovery per second from Life Leech

which is better : watcher's eye / precision with attack speed or attack damage?
"
Beto123 wrote:
which is better : watcher's eye / precision with attack speed or attack damage?

I think you can make an argument for both, Probably the easiest answer is to go with what is cheapest, since 2 desired mods on watcher's eyes get expensive.
But For raw damage output ofcourse attack damage, but for probably even damage and better feel attack speed. Things like this can be answered with POB quite easily if all you care about it theoretical dps.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
any thoughts of using gloomfang?
"
russellang wrote:
any thoughts of using gloomfang?

Gloomfang is good, but it's kind of the inverse scaling we attempt to achieve by being deadeye, it helps minutely with single target but amplifies clear damage.
Went through and did some formatting to the build guide.
Added some thoughts in changelog and a very Work in progress path of building for anyone who wanted an updated tree for 3.11 launch. But i do not think that this is final by any means.
As always any discussion or ideas i'll keep an eye on the thread.
"
for mapping situations where you are one-shotting packs, it's unlikely that hypothermia will help, since you have to hit a mob to chill it resulting in the first shot into a pack not gaining any damage from hypothermia

Regarding that statement - wouldn't it be that you hit one monster with the shield (which chills him) and then it bounces shooting projectiles that will also be hitting enemies chilled by the shield and other projectiles?

I say that because I actually really love using herald of ice to blow the packs (it feels consistent and I preffer to use it over pierce) however since we don't go crit I had to go with a regular freeze chance (Flash Freeze, two nodes before Primeval Force and Ash Frost and Storm) and when I use hypothermia the ammount of explosions is higher which would imply that in fact more enemies are getting chilled and then frozen because of hypothermia's effect.
I was experimenting with Ice Bite but that's not really worth it mainly because I can't really get any frenzy charges on single target and having 30-40% freeze chance is easily enough to blow everything up.

Also - instead of going Acuity we could take Eagly Eye - PoB does show a lower dps since the asp is lower but it would give more consistent EO procs while maintaingin the same ammount of accuracy.

I really wanted to make it a - Ima' freeze the world thing, using a CWDT with vortex (chilling "ground" effect) and frostbite. Never really had an SST build with no crit but I realized I can't live without Celestial Herald's explosions hence why all the freeze on the tree.
"
werchiel wrote:
"
for mapping situations where you are one-shotting packs, it's unlikely that hypothermia will help, since you have to hit a mob to chill it resulting in the first shot into a pack not gaining any damage from hypothermia

Regarding that statement - wouldn't it be that you hit one monster with the shield (which chills him) and then it bounces shooting projectiles that will also be hitting enemies chilled by the shield and other projectiles?

You are indeed correct, with your thinking on how it would interact with hypothermia whilst mapping. My main thought behind saying hypothermia isn't suited for mapping is because most of the time the reduced damage from the shattered projectiles in higher tier maps often isn't enough to chill since they deal 25% less than the initial shield. Sure there are many scenarios that make it work but there are ones that don't and that makes things feel inconsistent when you rely on the extra link of damage.

Some of the thoughts throughout the thread might be a tad outdated as i wrote the majority of it back in legion league, As now the best chest is lioneye's vision you get free pierce anyhow making the decision to gemswap and my thoughts sort of invalid, Furthermore there's now some pretty nice pierce/fork/chain nodes on tree making augmenting your clear damage just that much easier.

As for your ideas on more consistent chilling/freezing/critting with a couple of changes i'm all for it, my main idea was to give a solid foundation or cookie cutter for people do with what they like, So it's nice to see people have fun with ideas. Maybe your true endgame would be to craft a Crusader explode chest to truly augment your explosive needs.
"
Some of the thoughts throughout the thread might be a tad outdated as i wrote the majority of it back in legion league, As now the best chest is lioneye's vision you get free pierce anyhow making the decision to gemswap and my thoughts sort of invalid, Furthermore there's now some pretty nice pierce/fork/chain nodes on tree making augmenting your clear damage just that much easier.

I'm assuming the reason lioneye is BiS in your eyes is that the pierce helps the shards clear packs better?

I only just now reached maps and bought some starter gear - managed to scrape enough for nomad, magna an a 5-link but that's about it now - I'm gonna have to see myself how is the clear going to be on a higher tier.

I actually never ran into that explosion chest you are speaking of but I love the idea - totally gonna look into it. Thanks a lot. (PS. I was thinking of incorporating Inpulsa in some way but this chest is a much better idea).

I was also considering grabbing glancing blows along with the shield and life node around it but

One more thing - any reason not to use Vaal Haste?
Last edited by werchiel on Jun 22, 2020, 4:39:15 PM
"
werchiel wrote:

I'm assuming the reason lioneye is BiS in your eyes is that the pierce helps the shards clear packs better?

One more thing - any reason not to use Vaal Haste?

Lioneye's becomes the best chest because pierce support isn't just a utility gem, since it has 14% more projecile damage (At level 15 which the chest is set to), it's a high life and armour chest to boot, easy to aquire at league start since it's not a meta chest.

And as for vaal haste, you can use it by all means if you can sustain the mana leech on single target since that is where you're most likely to use it. More aps often leads to more mana issues so you have to make sure it's possible to constantly hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info