[Console] - What We're Working On

So let me get this straight. You post a thread about what you are working on for consoles but talk more about what you want us to work on for consoles more than what you are actually working on.

I viewed this thread to hopefully see something positive you were working on.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, stop putting new leagues on console until you have fixed the QoL things the community has been asking for. Your console team is obviously not big enough to work on both implementing the new features AND addressing any old bugs / QoL features.

In my opinion you would have better retention if consoles were just standard, hc and their ssf variants and there were regular QoL fixes from now until 4.0 hits.

Just my 2 cents but with all the new market grabbing you are doing you are providing a less and less enjoyable experience on every platform not PC, and each new market you push yourself into you completely forget all the others while working on the next one. Stop for a minute and work on the ones you have and get them up to snuff before moving on.
"
So let me get this straight. You post a thread about what you are working on for consoles but talk more about what you want us to work on for consoles more than what you are actually working on.

I viewed this thread to hopefully see something positive you were working on.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, stop putting new leagues on console until you have fixed the QoL things the community has been asking for. Your console team is obviously not big enough to work on both implementing the new features AND addressing any old bugs / QoL features.

In my opinion you would have better retention if consoles were just standard, hc and their ssf variants and there were regular QoL fixes from now until 4.0 hits.

Just my 2 cents but with all the new market grabbing you are doing you are providing a less and less enjoyable experience on every platform not PC, and each new market you push yourself into you completely forget all the others while working on the next one. Stop for a minute and work on the ones you have and get them up to snuff before moving on.

Regarding this topic, I think GGG may have stretched its staff too thin with the consoles being added to their PC version. With the time between leagues being only 13 weeks, they're spending all their available time coding new content and not enough time is left to QA/bugfix. IMO they need to step back and really take a look at their release scheduling because they're overpromising and underdelivering due to their release windows being too short. As a result, their quality is rapidly declining and the gamebreaking bugs keep accumulating faster than they can realistically QA and fix them.

With all three platforms being supported and the release scheduling being what it is, I don't see how their staff avoids crunch anymore. The constant angry posts by us (that includes me) has to be taking its toll on morale at GGG. They really do need to re-evaluate their release commitments so they can take some time to QA and also to have some free time for themselves. Fatigued devs = poor content quality.

They've gotten it into their heads that they have to match Diablo 3's seasonal average release times to retain players. But what if they're losing players faster than they gain them by sheer lack of quality? When you have to do what I've done and essentially leave X (A on XB1) unbound so you don't constantly fire off abilities when looting, something's very wrong.

What good is quantity if the quality is horrible? We're currently at Fallout 76 levels of gamebreaking bugs on the console versions. That's not a good place to be. The devs can't keep going at this breakneck pace and continue to avoid burnout. It just isn't possible.
"
SquishyTia wrote:
Thanks for the update. I hope you've also been able to reproduce the problem whereby abilities fire off when opening chests now. This is new to 3.7.1c and is a rather irksome source of frustration during combat when you're trying to quickly loot on consoles. Whatever you guys did with the ability queue system, it made it worse, not better.

This is really annoying and considering I play on HC I can't wait for the moment I press A when highlighting a Town Portal and instead Flame Dash into the maw of death.
What we're not working on:
Trade board issues, chat, party :D
Last edited by Reborn409 on Jun 19, 2019, 1:27:32 PM
Alot of things are more stable but apparently there is lag and positioning issues that seem to have either been introduced or made much worse with this patch. you will sudenly not be hitting any monsters wiht your weapons, and then you rubberband or the boss rubberbands and postiioning is refreshed. This happens now in every boss fight or where a lot of monsters show up. please fix this! it is ruining console in the end game!

This is honestly one of the most tone deaf "updates" I've seen a developer put out. The sheer gall required to say "guys, we can't fix our dumpster fire of a game until you play through the mess and report back why it's garbage".

YOU play through the game (testers). Stop releasing new content until you fix the content that's already out in the wild. Put the QA processes in place to fix recurring issues that pop up league after league after league (see Movement skill lag -- an issue since at LEAST Abyss).

I don't want to hear "it's a free game, stop complaining" either. Some of us that have pumped 1000s of hours into this game have spent hundreds of dollars on it through stash tabs, other tabs, MTX's, etc.

It's such a slap in the face that we're STILL waiting on a ton of quality of life features that have been staples in the PC version. And now, we have to worry about a pint sized console team devoting its resources to put out fires on 2 different consoles?

Such a terrible development process and you all should be ashamed of your business model to this point.
Dash still crashes anyone I play with as well.
I am not sarcastic and I have to say ... this is the first time I can play a league from the start without heavy issues on Xbox. I had no crash, only a few bugs (Cyclone desync) and that's it. Everything just works fine and the season is a lot of fun!

BUT I dont understand how this can be possible. We are playing on the same consoles (PS or Xbox), we receive the same updates, so the game should work the same way. But it doesnt. Like it was in the past leagues. A lot of people can play and a lot of people have those serious issues. Its just strange.
I honestly don’t know what everyone is complaining about. I’ve been playing console since release and have had very few issues. I play Standard not League though, whether or not that makes any difference I am not sure.
Last edited by maxwolfie13 on Jun 19, 2019, 11:01:46 PM
I also have had just few issues, little bit desync and couple crashes. Not a big problem for me. Great that they still try to work on fixes.

Ofc they need our help, we can tell what kind of problems we are having on live version of the game. I hope team is big enough to work with the problems.

Theres one thing that I think many players across all platforms don't know.

The test platform/enviroment is so closed/"clean", which means, that many bugs and glitches don't occur in there. And the team can not simply produce them either in that enviroment even if they wanted.

So when the patch goes live, it will probably cause bugs(in most cases yes), which ones they did not see in the test enviroment.

Just chill people, there is no such game that does not have a single problem.

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info