[3.8]Pure Phys Blade Flurry Juggernaut | Uber Elder down | Videos Up

This will be my first successful build and I have played since Essence League so this is a huge milestone for me to be able to kill Uber Elder on my own without looking at any guides. Of course, if there are any improvements that can be made; format wise or build wise, please do tell me.

Spoiler

Followed Anal_Bleeding's advice and scaled impale on the build and this wasn't my league starter so I basically dumped alot of currency on this build. Will add more videos if I can

Change Log
Spoiler

2.0 - Updated for Blight, changed a few gems and updated gear.

1.12 - Updated tips

1.11 - Added pantheon

1.1 - Added remaining videos

1.01 - Added unique belts suggested

1.0 - Guide made

Build Summary
Spoiler
The build uses blade flurry or cyclone for both its clear and boss killing gem and it has worked very well for me ever since the changes to melee in 3.7

Path of Building
Spoiler

3.8 PoB
https://pastebin.com/vLKHqJwu

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
Decent mapper
Insane boss killer
The crit sound is satisfying to hear
Immune to temporal chains
Demonic Blade Flurry looks so good

Cons:
Can't do phys reflect
No sexy herald effects to look at
Really needs dex and int on gear

Playstyle:
Spoiler
Leap slam around, blade flurry and cyclone everything
Boss killing:
Swap to conc effect and blood stance

3.8 Gear
Spoiler

This isn't my league starter but the build is still very capable of being a league starter and transitioning into endgame slowly.

3.7 Gear
Spoiler
My Current Gear
Spoiler
Since this was my starting league character, I made everything from scratch and there are zero uniques required to get this build rolling

I killed Uber Elder and all other content with all of the listed gear above and it isn't anything insane.

Weapon
Spoiler
Rare foils
Our endgame weapons will be dual wielding rare foils since they have an implicit of crit multi that will give us damage and bonus accuracy won't do anything since Juggernaut already has very high accuracy rating.

A basic 250 pDps foil with 1.8 attack speed will cost between 5 to 10 chaos. It will cost 25 to 30 chaos if it has a bonus crit chance. This weapon will carry you to maps comfortably.

When buying a foil, prioritise the following stats in order:
% increased phys > flat added phys > attack speed > crit chance > crit multi

IMPORTANT
Only the crit chance on your main hand is calculated, the one in your off hand is not. Attack speed is also VERY important, a 1.2 attack speed sword will feel awful even if it has 300 pDps so keep that in mind.

Shield
Spoiler
ONLY RELEVANT IF YOU'RE NOT DUAL WIELDING

A shield is an option if you're looking for more defensive options if you're in hardcore or are using an Abyssus. A good shield would be a rare with life and resists and armor if you can fit it in. Do not worry about the tree as I did not pick up any dual wielding nodes.

Uniques recommended:
The Unshattered Will

Great Old One's Ward

Helmet
Spoiler
Rare
I have stuck with a rare one to cover my need for life and resists.

Uniques recommended:

Absolute no brainer for melee crit builds. But you do have to adjust the build to be more defensive due to the increased physical damage you take.

Note that Abyssus is in no way required and if you have gear close to my setup, then Abyssus would be an overkill in terms of damage.

Chest
Spoiler
I bought this for 18 chaos at the start of the league and has served me well for the whole of the end game

The 6 links are why I bought it and it had the colors so the stats on it don't really matter it might as well be a Tabula

Uniques recommended:
Loreweave
Best in Socket if you're not looking for an Elder Chest. Flat phys, life and crit is amazing.

Belly of the Beast
A nice defensive option for alot of life and some resists.

Gloves
Spoiler

Oskarm works as a budget option for the assassin's mark ring.
I'm using Tombfists right now

Other uniques recommended:
Tombfist

A rare pair will work just fine if you need resists

Boots
Spoiler
A rare one will also be fine. Movement speed is not as important as you will be leap slamming everywhere all the time.

Rings
Spoiler
Rare ones with life,resists and physical damage. Upgrade it to steel rings when you're comfortable.
A Shaper ring with Curse on hit assassin's mark is BIS.
And if you are using an assassin's mark ring, then a Mark of the Elder will
be great

Amulet
Spoiler
A good rare with life, resists, physical damage and crit multi. Get some dex and int here to if possible for skill gems and the foils.

Flasks
Spoiler
Life flask with bleed removal
Sulphite Flask
Silver Flask
Diamond Flask
Granite Flask

Get curse immunity wherever you can

Uniques recommended:
Lion's Roar

Another no brainer. Insane dps boost but can be annoying with the knockback. Very good on endgame bosses such as Atziri, Elder and Shaper since they cannot be knocked back.

Belt
Spoiler
A good rare with life and resists if needed which is what I use.

Uniques recommended:
Belt of the Deceiver
Meginord's Girdle

Gems
Spoiler
Main Damage setup in priority

Blade Flurry - Brutality - Melee Physical Damage - Impale - Infused Channelling - Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect
Movement Skill

Whirling Blades/Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

CwDt setup

CwDt (Level 1) - Immortal Call (Level 3) - Increased Duration
Auras

Blood and Sand - Pride - Flesh and Stone - Enlighten (Level 3/4)

Precision (Leave at level 1)

Utility

Ancestral Protector - Lightning Golem - Blind/Minion Life

Golem

Lightning Golem

Why X Gem?

Enlighten:
Allows for longer channelling of blade flurry. Not necessary

Ancestral Protector vs Ancestral Warchief:

Protector gives attack speed, warchief gives damage. Attack speed feels better on both blade flurry and cyclone. Use warchief if you feel that your attack speed is good or comfortable enough.

Lightning Golem vs Ice Golem:
Lightning if you need the attack speed, Ice golem for the crit.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Undeniable > Unflinching > Unbreakable > Unstoppable

Bandits
Spoiler
Help Alira

Pantheon
Spoiler

Major God:
Arakaali upgraded with Queen of the Great Tangle
or
Solaris

Minor God:
Gruthkul

Tips
Spoiler
Do NOT level with Blade Flurry, use Cyclone instead. Levelling with Blade Flurry feels very awful for clearing.

Bosses:
Atziri: Do NOT unload a 6 stage Blade Flurry onto Atziri as her static 2% reflect will one shot you even with Yugul pantheon.

Videos:

Last edited by DamnYouFreak on Oct 8, 2019, 2:38:41 PM
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2019, 12:51:54 AM
Reserved

FAQ
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Why Juggernaut?
I picked Juggernaut as it's my favorite ascendancy, and I can completely ignore accuracy on gear since Juggernaut essentially provides 100% accuracy.

With that being said, other ascendancy classes can still work with this build:

Assassin
Slayer
Champion
Gladiator
Ascendant

Blight
Spoiler

Good enough to clear blight encounters in maps.
Blighted maps? Do not recommend. Too much of a clusterfuck for you to do what you need to do.

Why Blade Flurry or melee in general
Spoiler

I have always loved melee despite its obvious flaws compared to other builds which is mainly its clear speed when compared to other builds like a TS Deadeye. I also simply do not like playing Summoner as the idea never appealed to me.

Anointments
Spoiler

BIS would be Assassination
Life would be great but I prefer damage
Budget options are:
Bladedancer
Twin Terrors

Last edited by DamnYouFreak on Oct 8, 2019, 2:33:36 PM
i also made cyclone jugg

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/27BYgnba

idk how to check sustained shaper dps. my max shaper dps is 7.8 mil (without legacy abysuss dps is 6 mil)
multi mod crafted crit axe
decent ring and amulet with min frenzy

have alot defence and accuracy
Last edited by pl3rious on Jun 18, 2019, 5:49:18 AM
I was thinking about making a lab farmer for this league as I haven't done one is some time and I miss running labs.

I already have the weapons ready from another character:

When considering lab, would you change anything aside from chest armour? I was thinking about Brass Dome for the luxury it offers when it comes to traps.
"
Syperek wrote:
I was thinking about making a lab farmer for this league as I haven't done one is some time and I miss running labs.

I already have the weapons ready from another character:

When considering lab, would you change anything aside from chest armour? I was thinking about Brass Dome for the luxury it offers when it comes to traps.

If you are only going for pure lab farming, brass dome and death's door are good choices
cant get the paste bin link to work can you drop an image of your build path?
"
Toad_Master wrote:
cant get the paste bin link to work can you drop an image of your build path?

https://imgur.com/gwyplv7
Hi,
That's a solid build, thanks!

One question: I'm gonna try out Belt of the Deceiver, do you think it's (for some reason beyond my understanding) a bad idea?

One improvement suggestion: you can swap out one 5% max hp node (like the ones near Bloodless) for one 6% max hp node (the one near Devotion)

Regards!
IGN: Peendoll
"
Siusiak wrote:
Hi,
That's a solid build, thanks!

One question: I'm gonna try out Belt of the Deceiver, do you think it's (for some reason beyond my understanding) a bad idea?

One improvement suggestion: you can swap out one 5% max hp node (like the ones near Bloodless) for one 6% max hp node (the one near Devotion)

Regards!

Certainly not, a pseudo permanent intimidate is amazing and I will edit the guide to include that and other uniques. Thanks for the suggestion
Looks like a very solid build. Any hints regarding the leveling nodes to get first?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info