[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
Ralign wrote:
"
AIbatroll wrote:
Any advices for this craft? I'm a rookie in crafting. I already made a imprint of it but what do I do now?

Regal + annul to multimod it?

Yeah, regal + annul. I like to put Life, Cannot be Frozen, MS (not hybrid), and one dual resistance. You can drop Cannot be Frozen with the hybrid EVA + Life

Here is the result. It's my first craft ever so I'm happy. Thanks for the advices :)
Last edited by xKynn on Jul 11, 2021, 1:56:49 AM
"
Bootters wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Bootters wrote:
Hi, i got 0.2% cold dmg leech as life from the corrupted node Legion Jewel. Do you think that's enough leech? Can i get rid off the Life Leech gem?

Not enough unless you do like 400k per Ice Nova.

Thanks for the response!

I'm still kinda confused about the leech mechanics, if I shoot the frostball as well shouldn't that give enough DPS for leech to be capped?

Additionally I'm seeing everyone link both Frostbolt and Ice Nova in Cospri, would it be better to just link Frostbolt with 2 support gems? Why do we need 2 Ice Nova gem (1 in chest, 1 in weapon)

Btw awesome build! Kill all the end game content in the game so far, gonna try to push as far as possible in Delve

Ok so you're hitting like 20+ times a second with spells, technically 0.2% is enough if you hit the instant before, and you leech for like the instant after. I like a lot more than just 0.2% because going from pack to pack your leech will drop off.

Here's a simplified explanation: the maximum leech one instance (one hit) of leech can give is 10% of your life over 5 seconds. So ideally you want your hit to give you this value. Main reason being, with leech not removed at full life from Soul Tether, this gives you a buffered amount of recovery when you're not outputting damage for 4-5 seconds. If your % of DMG leeched is low, your leech rate won't be affected most of the time, what does get affected is how long the leech persists.

Frostbolt isn't affected by your AoE modifiers if you pick them up on the tree. Furthermore you only really use FB at a tool so your Ice Nova can proc a second time for free on them.

If you do the math:
Frostbolt DMG w/ 2 supports * 7.5 = FROSTBOLT ONLY DPS

compared to

[Frostbolt DMG w/ 1 support * 3.75] + [Ice Nova DMG w/ 1 support * 2 * 3.75] = FROSTBOLT AND ICE NOVA DPS

You should have the second one as higher in most cases.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jul 23, 2019, 3:50:06 PM
Awesome response! Thank you very much
"
Vat0sbart wrote:
Hi There,

Yesterday i started the CoC ice nova build.

I'm really loving it, although i altered it quite a bit to work with Eternity shroud.

Im using one cosprice together with atziri's reflection, i have another Cosprice in the stash and when i want more dps i have a Crafted one handed sword for off-hand.

Now i have some questions.

Is one frozen trail enough? I'm using two at the moment. i like to know the con's and pro's.

Also, if i have double cosprice. and socket them both with the same order of spells --> Frostbolt/Ice nova - Support gem. Does this work, or is there a global cooldown?

Also, i see alot of people with Soul Tether. why is Soul tether worth it ?
is it just for the perm leeching buff? I can get a shaped soul tether with a bit of a hassle, but it should be doable. although i cant get a shaped Atziri's Acuity i think so the synergy between the two would be lost.

Right now i'm using a belt with Aspect of the cat. But as i just looked into the APS/CDR topic, im starting to think its not worth it, not at all without using farrul's fur wich im not using. All it does now is mess up my APS every so seconds. So i should probably replace that? Maybe replace it with aspect of the spider. Or Soul Tether if it has any substantial upsides?

I can easily get a stable 7.5 aps without Aspect of the cat and it wont mess up the aps every couple of seconds.

I still need a Watcher's eye, and some other gems like Might of the meek and maybe unnatural instinct. But here is my build so far.

Would love to get some opinions on it and please tell me what i can do for max improvements. I'm a bit low on defenses/life Atm. but also dont want to sacrifice to much Damage for it as Damage is the way im building it right now.

Thank you so much, and i hope you or some of you can help me improve my build. It's been fun so far.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/mPgQAczM

Ok so I'll answer your questions first. One Frozen Trail is sufficient for AoE clear and doesn't provide any extra damage as the projectiles DO NOT shotgun. You could try and fit Soul Tether in but only if you pair it with a Discipline Watcher's Eye mod.

Drop Aspect of the Cat, it's not worth it if you're not running a Farrul's. Your offhand weapon isn't good in this case because you're converting C2F but crafted on flat fire (always get flat DMG higher up in the hierarchy, in this case COLD).

My max improvements would be to drop 1 pyre, craft a shaped rare ring with scorched fossils for fire leech. Drop the shield for a second Cospri and socket FB - C2F - Combustion and IN - C2F - EF and replace Hypothermia in chest with C2F then try and get as close to 15APS as possible.

Alternatively you can just use 1 Cospri, still use a scorched crafted delve ring but do FB - IN - C2F and put Combustion on your Vortex setup.

Also try and get either -9% Fire Resistance or 9% increased Chaos DMG taken on your helmet as you do about the same split of Fire and Chaos DMG. I would also use the extra mana from dropping Aspect of the Cat, and the extra jewel socket to run a Hatred/Discipline Watcher's Eye with FLAT COLD and ES on Hit with a Soul Tether for defensive reasons.
noot noot
"
xKynn wrote:
Played a lot of MF this league at about 2 mirrors but as a result of it i realized i had done almost no endgame challenges. Found this build and its looking really interesting, eHP is amazing with hybrid. Looking to finish my challenges with it.

Tip to anyone who is doing the build, check what your glorious vanity gives you for corrupt nodes first, mine already gave me the res i needed and i could have gone for a different craft on my chest kinda regret it but I hope someone else reads this and is able to craft one more juicy mod on the chest.

Gear (Some self crafted some bought):

Note: Glorious vanity gives me 3 res +1 max fire res and projectile speed

P.S Gems are low level because its a thing i do as incentive to map more with it and level up the char before just paying and rushing through to challenges)

Spoiler

Cospri's had a high ish attack roll so i drop two aspd nodes to stay around 7.49 aps at max frenzy for the optimum aps, i would actually like to know whats better, 7.69 or 7.48 aps im not entirely sure.

Didn't need poacher's mark in hindsight, im running HoI so i was able to get maxed precision together with tempered mind, could have gone for crit multi elder ring, possibly raw lgoh too

Hey, gear looks good, Poacher's Mark is useful for shoring up that tiny little bit of extra accuracy needed and helps with flask sustain in maps as well. It's certainly not necessary but provides additional comfort and luxury that would be missed. 7.48 will be better as just over 7.5 and you start to miss quite a few procs.
noot noot
Thanks for the quick respond my dude!

I will try out your advice and see how it feels.

got myself a flat cold/discipline watchers eye, gonna try to get a shaped soul tether now.

dropping the second pyre is gonna be painfull but ill check it out in PoB.
Also, my leech is already capped as we speak. because i dont have any increased leech nodes/gear. so getting the fire leech would be overkill right?

Also shame of the belt. but you are correct.

Any ideas how to come close to 15 APS? Its pretty hard to get there. i could probably get to 10-12 APS. but wouldnt it be better to sit just below 7.5 if thats the case? Because of the treshhold? Or is over 7.5 better anyway?

What do you think about Added flat cold damage linked with cyclone instead of hypothermia. gives me most dps increase even better then C2F.

thanks.

Last edited by Vat0sbart on Jul 23, 2019, 5:27:12 PM
Dropping the second pyre is fine as long as you use C2F, it has 50% conversion whereas pyre only has 40%. In actuality by dropping pyre and picking up C2F you get 90% conversion and like 30% cold gained as extra fire.

You only need to hit 15 APS if you dual wield. You'd probably want to run 20/20 faster attacks in the main cyclone links (I know, weird), and 20/20 blood rage. That should give you enough with Cinderswallow's onslaught. You should also run an atziri's promise flask as it "double dips" on both the cold and fire dmg for ele gained as extra chaos.

I would use C2F, when paired with Combustion it should probably be a bit better (assuming you've switched out the pyre). You might also have been looking at your cyclone DPS being higher with added cold and not your Ice Nova. I don't see added cold high up for DMG.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:
any tips on boosting my dps without sacrificing too much survivalability?

did a 4way today, got 1.5 bars loot, did 3.5 cycles. not sure what a benchmark that is, but I guess it could go faster?

my pob: https://pastebin.com/BmxwmSNg

thanks, great guide!

21 gems, drop a life flask for DMG.

ty, i see at the example gear posts that none of the guys are running remove curses flasks. I got a perfect rolled atziris flask but without dropping speed/jade flask I will not have remove freeze/remove bleeding/remove curse
Get a cannot be inflicted with corrupting blood Frozen Trail, then drop the staunching flask. Or get a cannot be frozen multimod boot and drop the heat flask.
noot noot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info