[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

Thanks for this amazing guide.

My attack speed without frenzy is 7.45 (on pob shows 7.49), but recently I got a ring with Poacher's Mark. While mapping 'cause frenzy charges from poacher's my APS up to 8+, but I think in boss fights I wont have any of it.

Any advice to improve my build and also to keep frenzy up even on boss? If I can keep frenzy on bosses I'll reallocate my tree to < 7.5 aps with frenzy up.

my pob -> https://pastebin.com/1SitF7wF

This is my current gear

Last edited by pedrocoelho on Jul 10, 2019, 10:06:59 AM
Pretty decent guide, I had tried another CoC build last league; but felt like trying out a different one. Love the use of the jewels to get the extra buffer of ES

Trying to craft an elder chest with crit/hp and already gone through at least 1000 alts and 400 augs, got tired of that and spammed some Pristine/Serrated and almost got something decent but still wasn't happy. Any tricks or alternative chests to help beef this build up a bit?

Using :
Just tried my luck at double corrupting a Cospri today ; got this :

poggers ? Not sure how the math works and if gaining 0.82% base crit on cospri and 9% pen is worth it vs losing 25% crit multi

Also is the 9% pen global ? or only works with the skill on this specific cospri
Last edited by Fatkids on Jul 10, 2019, 2:12:35 PM
"
urbanzen wrote:
Amazing build Ralign.

I am running grace + hatred and precision with lvl4 enlighten. i've leveld up precision some and now have 50 mana to spend on support and movement speed.

I got a frenzy per 200 mana cospris, but is having trouble with mana sustain. and the ramp up to 3 frenzy charge takes quite a while. during boss phases where you're bound to lose the frenzy charges, is the frenzy corrupt cospris still better than crit multi?

What is a good way to sustain mana if I forgo poacher's mark on ring, to use the corrupted sword? I do feel that poacher's mark on ring is amazing on hp and mana sustain

Use the -5/6 mana cost craft on a ring (it's a prefix from Elreon jewelry). That will make your cyclone free. To keep the Frenzy charges up for bosses do what I do in my boss videos and constantly press Vortex when available, your Frenzy duration is like 10-12 seconds which means you only need to cast Vortex something like 4/5 times every 10 seconds which should be more than comfortable.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jul 10, 2019, 2:56:35 PM
If you manage to get your hands on a Farrul's Fur or a Cospri's Malice with the Frenzy charge corrupt you should be A O K for permanent Frenzy charges. Seeing as you've already balanced your APS without Frenzy charges, I'm sure you know what to do when you factor in the Frenzy APS.

P.S. You should "plan" for having Frenzy charges and make sure your Cospri's base attack speed isn't too fast if you buy it.

Otherwise, it's up to you what you want to do with your APS, it's fine to leave your APS as is and have the unsynced attack speed for general mapping. This will leave you optimized for boss encounters with no ads/Frenzy sustain.
noot noot
"
Fatkids wrote:
Just tried my luck at double corrupting a Cospri today ; got this :

poggers ? Not sure how the math works and if gaining 0.82% base crit on cospri and 9% pen is worth it vs losing 25% crit multi

Also is the 9% pen global ? or only works with the skill on this specific cospri

Congrats, it's global penetration and by itself it's slightly better than the multiplier, but adding on the base crit to the sword is really nice. Technically, if you have critical strike chance to attacks, I would actually consider dropping Inc Crits from your chest links as you should have good enough crit chance with both.
noot noot
"
shmigy429 wrote:
Pretty decent guide, I had tried another CoC build last league; but felt like trying out a different one. Love the use of the jewels to get the extra buffer of ES

Trying to craft an elder chest with crit/hp and already gone through at least 1000 alts and 400 augs, got tired of that and spammed some Pristine/Serrated and almost got something decent but still wasn't happy. Any tricks or alternative chests to help beef this build up a bit?

Using :

Depends what you're dying to, you could use a different chest like Perfect Form and make use of the free AA and Phase Acro, personally I think this is a really good cost effective defensive chest. If you don't want to mess around with resistances and such you could try to get a reduced reservation shield, a reduced reservation enchant for Zealotry/Hatred, and the Templar Aura wheel. Then grab a Discipline/(Precision/Zealotry/Hatred) Watcher's Eye depending on your budget. This way you won't be sacrifice much in terms of offense but you'll get a LOT of defenses.

You could also drop an offensive Aura and just straight up pick up Discipline instead with the Watcher's Eye. It's up to you how much money you'd like to invest and you can mix and match the options available.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
If you manage to get your hands on a Farrul's Fur or a Cospri's Malice with the Frenzy charge corrupt you should be A O K for permanent Frenzy charges. Seeing as you've already balanced your APS without Frenzy charges, I'm sure you know what to do when you factor in the Frenzy APS.

P.S. You should "plan" for having Frenzy charges and make sure your Cospri's base attack speed isn't too fast if you buy it.

Otherwise, it's up to you what you want to do with your APS, it's fine to leave your APS as is and have the unsynced attack speed for general mapping. This will leave you optimized for boss encounters with no ads/Frenzy sustain.

Seeing my tree on pob, if I drop Coordination Node I can easily manage my aps with frenzy charges under 7.5. If I go for no frenzy version I need just to pick that node again.

Thanks again for the guide.
"
Depends what you're dying to, you could use a different chest like Perfect Form and make use of the free AA and Phase Acro, personally I think this is a really good cost effective defensive chest. If you don't want to mess around with resistances and such you could try to get a reduced reservation shield, a reduced reservation enchant for Zealotry/Hatred, and the Templar Aura wheel. Then grab a Discipline/(Precision/Zealotry/Hatred) Watcher's Eye depending on your budget. This way you won't be sacrifice much in terms of offense but you'll get a LOT of defenses.

You could also drop an offensive Aura and just straight up pick up Discipline instead with the Watcher's Eye. It's up to you how much money you'd like to invest and you can mix and match the options available.

Mostly just trying to feel a bit more tanky around t16 legion mobs and some map bosses.

Was looking along the lines of:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/KzWlWyi5

for watchers eyes, doesn't seem like discipline has very many useful mods we can use; is spell block the only one to look for?

I think i'll trying fooling around with the reduced mana reservation shield; would you put discipline/hatred/enlighten in the 15% reduced shield? Then get the helmet enchant for whatever one isn't in the shield (zealotry in this case)?
I'm basically deleting content.
Minmaxed the fk out of this build, and it still has room for upgrade.

-PoB atm is 528k a hit, so times x7.5 procs about 4mil shaper DPS.

-I dropped poacher for a self crafted elder Opal ring with -cost to
skills,Shock,some dmg, crit chance+crit multi on shatter)
(Which means no Frenzy charges BUT guaranteed shock and other goodies)

-Checked my effective crit chance without the Inc. Crit chance gem and it was
100%, so I swapped it for Increased Crit Damage (+122 Crit multi).

-My Glorious vanity also adds 27% cold damage and 0.2 Cold leech which is not
calculated into the PoB.

-Grabbed a Quartz flask with 25% increased effect mod, along with "The Alchemist" tree nod (+26% flask effect) I get +15% Dodge chance from Attacks & Spells.

-APS is about 9-10.

-100% Hit Chance with Tempered Mind.

-Managed to grab a nice Watcher's eye with double Ele Pen with my Hatred/Zealotry
combo. Along with Pandemonius thats 20+10+15=45% Cold Penetration.

-Total investment (Including crafting costs and currency usage on gear)
around 40-50ex.

Best part tho?
10k EHP :)

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/tH9r2fCn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info