[3.10] ielthans ED/Contagion Trickster [Detailed] Multi-screen AoE spread | Dot 'em down!

When you get to the point that you're able to use a multimod bow, what would you recommend for a second 6L? Would self-cast blight be viable there or something else?
"
Cruxiable wrote:
When you get to the point that you're able to use a multimod bow, what would you recommend for a second 6L? Would self-cast blight be viable there or something else?

Once you get the 6-link multi mod bow, you would lose the offhand sockets, so the amount of sockets you have available should be the same. The simplest solution would be to simply switch the 2x 3-links previously in weapon and offhand onto your body armour instead.

With that being said, the skills could be moved around for a different composition. Blight handcast is certainly viable, especially if you want some more damage in between DoT casts. Similarly having Bane as a 6-link can be a substantial increase in DoT damage as well.
Only level 50 but really nice so far
Is viable Soulrend/Contagion this season and with your build?I have the "cat" effect and would like to use it xDD
"
PrimeSocK wrote:
Only level 50 but really nice so far
Is viable Soulrend/Contagion this season and with your build?I have the "cat" effect and would like to use it xDD

Haha, understandable the cat effect is amazing!
It should be perfectly viable, it is pretty much the same build. Though i would go Soulrend/Bane for clear with ED as additional boss damage. (Still with the blight totems). So out with Contagion as it does no damage without the ED as main spell.
If I go ED/Contagion what's the point of using Bane/Dispair/Temporal Chains? Just for tough enemies or I'm missing something?
"
PrimeSocK wrote:
If I go ED/Contagion what's the point of using Bane/Dispair/Temporal Chains? Just for tough enemies or I'm missing something?

I only use it on bosses. Everything else does too quickly to even cast it.
Can someone post what active skills they have? I'm having trouble figuring out what skills should be on my hotbar.
"
SlingerOfZa wrote:
Can someone post what active skills they have? I'm having trouble figuring out what skills should be on my hotbar.

Right click for Blight
'Q' or 'Spc' for Flame Dash
'W' for Bane
'E' for Essence Drain
'R' for Contagion
'T' for the auras
"
SlingerOfZa wrote:

I have updated the playstyle section with a Setup where i show how my skills are setup.

Left msb: Move
Middle msb: Malevolence
Right msb: Contagion
Q: Bane
W: Blight Totems
E: Vaal Righteous Fire
Msb 4(R): Flame Dash
Msb 5(T): Essence Drain

Though there are plenty of ways to do it, depending on your hardware. I have included a section about the rotation and as a rule of thumb, try to keep the skills you are going to use the most on the buttons that are easiest to reach.
"
PrimeSocK wrote:

Indeed, it is for the tough bosses as Contagion/ED should be enough to kill everything else. But for those rare packs that just do not want to die, beasts, bosses, you name it, it's nice to have that extra dps.
Despair is a pretty decent boost in that regard and Temporal Chains decreases the boss damage, which is the same as significantly increasing your survivability. So for the tougher content those two curses are very valuable. The damage from Bane itself doesn't really matter that much, it is just an easy way to apply curses.
You could do Curse On Hit for the same effect, but that would require two sockets, and hand casting both curses would double the amount of casts for the same effect. Totems are already used for blight and so Bane is the best option to apply multiple curses. It just so happens to scale with all our DoT increases as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info