[3.7] 2H Cyclone Slayer - Crit, Pure Phys - All Content

"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hey Shepuurd, thanks for replying my question in earlier post.

I saw your POB sword variant use pulverize as the 7th Link. How does this compare to close combat? Reason im asking is POB seems like not taking the dps from close combat correctly. Is it safe to say that pulverize versus close combat is basically down to aoe versus single target preference?
Pretty much, yeah. Although I still prefer Pulverize for single target. For Close Combat you have to stay really close (15 units) to get the full damage, and the AoE from pulverize actually makes some bossfights easier because you get more room to dodge while dealing damage.

"
Vandamonia wrote:
Do the two names on the jewel matter at all? like do I need to make sure a certain name is on the jewel?
The name on the jewel only affects keystones in the passive tree. Since the position at the duelist start doesn't have any keystones, it doesn't matter.

"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
are we leeching enough to get an increased dmg while leeching multi modded gloves?
Well, yeah. But without Soul Tether or Brutal Fervour the leeching stops once you reach full life, which means you won't get the damage bonus anymore.

"
MightyLlama wrote:
Hey Shepuuurd,

first of all I want to thank you for this amazing build and guide.

I started playing again this season a few days ago after taking a long break, and before the season I also only played ~130h on standard, so I barely scraped the surface of PoE thus far.

After finishing the story and doing my first few maps yesterday, I was lucky enough to drop my first exalt ever. Since I don't really know what the ideal purchase to improve would be, I would be super grateful if you could take a look at my character and give me some advice what to spend it on.

Keep in mind that I don't know a lot about crafting, so if your advice involves crafting it would be great if you could go into detail or tell me where to look it up.

PS: My current budget is exactly 1 ex since I spent the few chaos I found while leveling before doing the maps where I found the ex.

Thank you very much in advance!
Get some good flasks, especially a Lion's Roar.
I have a gear progression section in Stage 2. You don't have uber lab yet, but it doesn't hurt if you already start gearing for crit.

"
AldarisGrave wrote:
Hey Shepuuurd,

quick question involving the swords skill tree for the early game, What's with the one random attack damage with shield node selected?

also levelling wise what 2h sword would be better to use till i can get a Terminus Est
or
?
Uh yeah, the node was a missclick, thanks.

I'm just going to assume the first sword is a missclick aswell because it's white and has a higher level requirement than Terminus.
Just get the sword with the highest PDPS for your and you're good.

"
ryuseitia wrote:
Hey Shepurd!

Quick question just finished my ExBlade
So I went Crit Chance instead of Double Dmg Chance since I haven't yet unlocked that mod, would it still work for near T14-16? Currently running through T9-10 rather easily.
Just not entirely sure if wanna keep this blade or sell in case double damage is a much better mod than the crit chance I have on it instead.

Thanks

It doesn't hurt that much. As far as I remember, if you remod for 10% double damage it was about 6-8% more DPS.

"
omglapizza wrote:
Super quick question. I think I'm gonna give this build a shot. When crating the exquisite blade, is there a reason we don't craft +2 to socketed support gems?
Because then you can't craft hits can't be evaded, which in general is a bit better.

"
Ellipsist wrote:
What're your thoughts on using bladestorm to level from 28 to maps instead of cyclone? Cyclone feels like garbage at 28 as a league starter, and bladestorm functions sorta like sunder did before: Good damage, good area, drop the skill and run.
Nothing wrong with using Bladestorm. Did you have Impact and Pulverize when you got cyclone? If not, that's probably why it felt bad.

"
deinernst123 wrote:
Hello, sorry if this got asked already, but is this build a good delving build as well?

After i am done with my lvl 100 grind (in timeless conflicts) i will probably swap to this build to get 40 uber elder kills and the 600 delve encounters done. However i am not certain if its good in delve as well.

Thanks in advance.
If it's 'just' 600 you're fine. For deeper levels you need a build with corpse destruction and probably more defense.

"
dmluigi wrote:
Hey guys, how are you?

I have about 150 ex and i am thinking about start this build... i was playing with 2 foils cyclone but it dies a lot...

What should i focus with that money?

Thanks!
With 150ex I would probably try to get either a really high DPS Fortiy Exquisite Blade or a corrupted Fortify Starforge.
Afterwards I'd fill in the rest of the gear like it is in my Stage 3 swords PoB, and also try to get corruptions on uniques, like Kaom's with increased damage.

Headhunter is also a good option on this build, just saying.

"
Drakonath wrote:
Hello hello,
Just killed uber elder for the first time with this build. Was kinda messy due to me first time trying but i was able to manage it in the end. So thanks for taking your time to prepare this guide, i really enjoy playing this build!

Also what should i first focus now to get? Ring with assassin's mark, a good sword or watcher's eye?

Spoiler

Spoiler
I got lucky and dropped both hh and kaoms heart btw i am not rich lol.

I'm using hh for mapping and retch for bossing.
How much currency do you have?
If it's like 2ex, get the ring and Watcher's Eye (a cheap one) first. If you can afford a Sword with just 5L and no hits can't be evaded, go for it right away.

Also Retch is pretty bad on this build, unless you're using it exclusively for the flask duration. Ryslatha's Coil would be a better unique swap for you.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Can someone tell me why I'm so squishy? My damage is alright now, but holy shit... I get gobsmacked for half my health by the smallest attacks...

I got 6k hp, but somehow everything does half my HP in one hit. Feels like I'm wearing Abyssus...

Also, what to improve?
Last edited by Demisint on Jul 12, 2019, 3:39:13 PM
Hey had a question,

I saw someone try a modified build and it turned out pretty good. going a little different route on the tree.

https://pastebin.com/FWKrpGsA

total life is 6k plus 1.7k es for a total of 7.6k EHP and you get the VP with the acuity's

main links are melee phys, brutality, infused channeling and close combat. 6th link should be impale,if you do want to gem swap then you can run with pulvarise (in place of either close combat/impale if you have a white socket or melee phys if you don't)

one thing you can switch around in terms of jewels is vaal molten shell and warchief. you basically pick one setup. warchief with impale or a CWDT vaal molten shell. with just a granite flask you have enough armor for a 4k molten shell. it's not huge but it helps a lot especially when you are popping legion encounters on high level maps. for bossing warchief is better as nothing is really dangerous in boss fights, it's all easily avoidable and nothing should one shot through your base hp+es

Guessing can also swap out the devoto's for a +1 gems/weapon range so you can try to maximize DPS on rings/neck since won't have to worry about tight Res if you don't mind losing some Zoom Zoom speed.

Also this was a modified tree to that tree if you wanted to go even more DPS , can get still around 6k HP and around 700% crit multiplier/70% crit chance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.7.3/AAAABAQBAQHnBS0GIAaiCZYMcA48FE0UcRR1FewX3BiRGNsY7xpVG_ohYCPqI_YkLiT9Jd8ppS20LlMwfDGwNug31DkOOlI7tkCgQ6NHfkp9TZJQR1FHUWNR2lbJVvphIWVNZ6BoZXIBdKB07XTxdqx313h6eu99O38rggeE2YTvhVKGYIdqh3aI7YrwjX2SfZMPlSSXCJd5mG-cxJzHn4mkGaU1qSeplK2NtyK5HbyfvTa-p8cZypDL9c9-02_UUtlh2Xzawdwj3IzcveHv45_kUeWz5c_l5ucP51TpRum56drqGOsJ7T_ueu8O79Hz3fVh9zL46_oY_Ev-Rf_e?accountName=charidi&realm=pc&characterName=Quijoegoigabada
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

Uh yeah, the node was a missclick, thanks.

I'm just going to assume the first sword is a missclick aswell because it's white and has a higher level requirement than Terminus.
Just get the sword with the highest PDPS for your and you're good.

Thanks

Figured as much. Where should i point that point? I ended up putting it in the first impale cluster. No the white sword wasn't a missclick. i've got not a lot of chaos and was wondering out of the two to use till i have enough chaos to get a Terminus.
Last edited by AldarisGrave on Jul 12, 2019, 5:38:30 PM
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
"
Vandamonia wrote:
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hey Shepuurd, thanks for replying my question in earlier post.

I saw your POB sword variant use pulverize as the 7th Link. How does this compare to close combat? Reason im asking is POB seems like not taking the dps from close combat correctly. Is it safe to say that pulverize versus close combat is basically down to aoe versus single target preference?

Do the two names on the jewel matter at all? like do I need to make sure a certain name is on the jewel?

Sorry i dont get your question. Are you referring to soul tether/glorious vanity setup? GLorious vanity must be in the name of Doryani to get the node "corrupted soul" which allow you get ES% based on your max hp pool. ES scaling with no gear investment at the expense of 4 passive points

Sorry, I meant the Lethal Pride
"
Demisint wrote:
Can someone tell me why I'm so squishy? My damage is alright now, but holy shit... I get gobsmacked for half my health by the smallest attacks...

I got 6k hp, but somehow everything does half my HP in one hit. Feels like I'm wearing Abyssus...

Also, what to improve?
What kind of maps are you running? If it's T16 maps with lots of damage mods that's normal.
Normally though, monsters don't hit that hard. 3k should be what Minotaurs's autoattacks hit you for.

If it's the legion monsters, they hit pretty hard. I once got chunked by 5k from a blue archer. Pop Vaal Molten Shell just before the timer expires and keep moving around so you get hit less.

Your accuracy is rather row right now (87%). Use the aura setup from Stage 2 with level 20 Precision or get a hits can't be evaded weapon. Hits can't be evaded would be 27% more damage for you right now.
Get life on your jewels (or get the unique ones), belt and ring.

If you feel too squishy you can check the last few pages of the thread for the Soul Tether + Corrupted Soul combo. More EHP and Overleech for less DPS.

"
AldarisGrave wrote:
Figured as much. Where should i point that point? I ended up putting it in the first impale cluster. No the white sword wasn't a missclick. i've got not a lot of chaos and was wondering out of the two to use till i have enough chaos to get a Terminus.
Just keep going with the leveling tree. If you're finished, you can already start the one from Stage 2.

Terminus is a 1alc weapon. Did you have something misconfigured in the trade site?

"
Bob123aka wrote:
Hey had a question,

I saw someone try a modified build and it turned out pretty good. going a little different route on the tree.

total life is 6k plus 1.7k es for a total of 7.6k EHP and you get the VP with the acuity's

main links are melee phys, brutality, infused channeling and close combat. 6th link should be impale,if you do want to gem swap then you can run with pulvarise (in place of either close combat/impale if you have a white socket or melee phys if you don't)

one thing you can switch around in terms of jewels is vaal molten shell and warchief. you basically pick one setup. warchief with impale or a CWDT vaal molten shell. with just a granite flask you have enough armor for a 4k molten shell. it's not huge but it helps a lot especially when you are popping legion encounters on high level maps. for bossing warchief is better as nothing is really dangerous in boss fights, it's all easily avoidable and nothing should one shot through your base hp+es

Guessing can also swap out the devoto's for a +1 gems/weapon range so you can try to maximize DPS on rings/neck since won't have to worry about tight Res if you don't mind losing some Zoom Zoom speed.

Also this was a modified tree to that tree if you wanted to go even more DPS , can get still around 6k HP and around 700% crit multiplier/70% crit chance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.7.3/AAAABAQBAQHnBS0GIAaiCZYMcA48FE0UcRR1FewX3BiRGNsY7xpVG_ohYCPqI_YkLiT9Jd8ppS20LlMwfDGwNug31DkOOlI7tkCgQ6NHfkp9TZJQR1FHUWNR2lbJVvphIWVNZ6BoZXIBdKB07XTxdqx313h6eu99O38rggeE2YTvhVKGYIdqh3aI7YrwjX2SfZMPlSSXCJd5mG-cxJzHn4mkGaU1qSeplK2NtyK5HbyfvTa-p8cZypDL9c9-02_UUtlh2Xzawdwj3IzcveHv45_kUeWz5c_l5ucP51TpRum56drqGOsJ7T_ueu8O79Hz3fVh9zL46_oY_Ev-Rf_e?accountName=charidi&realm=pc&characterName=Quijoegoigabada
Your forgot to ask the question. Those are good options, if that's what you were asking.

I was considering putting the Soul Tether + Jewel combo into the guide, but I'm not sure where to put it without overstuffing it. I also haven't played it myself yet.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

"
Bob123aka wrote:
Hey had a question,

Your forgot to ask the question. Those are good options, if that's what you were asking.

I was considering putting the Soul Tether + Jewel combo into the guide, but I'm not sure where to put it without overstuffing it. I also haven't played it myself yet.

Hello Shepuuurd, I followed this build in the beginning then branched out a bit differently, with gear as well as build.

i REALLY don't like devoto's, i feel like the only thing it really provides is the movement speed, and i can mostly go without it with a nicely rolled flask. the chaos dmg is w/e, and i can live without it just fine. the dex is also not an issue(see boots)

i went down the brutal fervour route after getting acuities, as i got the sword at the same time so 8% base crit was useless for me, i would like to know:

what do you think about the tree changes, and gear, also a very important question, what do you think i should craft for the last suffix on the diamond ring, after playing with mods in pob i believe global phys/chaos is the best gain(5% atk spd is a close second), and perhaps min endurance charge.(no dex/int/res etc. are needed, only care about dps unless u think the +1 min endurance is op)

i could also reroll my boots for elder endurance on kill but i reaaaaallly rather not.. unless... what do you think about the taunt totem mod on elder boots, is it just a meme? or could it actually be worth it(only concern atm is consistently not dying in uber elder, and not getting 1 shot by 10 aura rares even with vaal molten granite in monolith when i'm greedy), it'll be a few exalts but if it means not losing %, then sure.

tree is here: https://pastebin.com/E12S39xz
Hey Shepuuurd,

thanks for your reply to my prior question.

By now I am at the point in your progression guide (if you look at my character: I already have a ring with assassins mark and -mana cost as well as a mark of the elder ring in the stash, just have to get lvl80 first) where I want to replace my tabula rasa with Kaoms heart, but to do so I first need a 5-linked weapon.

Now my question is: After I was lucky enough to find another ex, my budget right now is about 1 ex and ~75c. Since the Kaom's costs round about 1ex, I guess I can't really craft a 5 linked weapon yet, correct? Should I still go for the Kaom's and instead of the crafted 5 link buy a 5-link Unique until I can afford to craft?

Thanks in advance once again for your input!
"
Hello Shepuuurd, I followed this build in the beginning then branched out a bit differently, with gear as well as build.

i REALLY don't like devoto's, i feel like the only thing it really provides is the movement speed, and i can mostly go without it with a nicely rolled flask. the chaos dmg is w/e, and i can live without it just fine. the dex is also not an issue(see boots)

i went down the brutal fervour route after getting acuities, as i got the sword at the same time so 8% base crit was useless for me, i would like to know:

what do you think about the tree changes, and gear, also a very important question, what do you think i should craft for the last suffix on the diamond ring, after playing with mods in pob i believe global phys/chaos is the best gain(5% atk spd is a close second), and perhaps min endurance charge.(no dex/int/res etc. are needed, only care about dps unless u think the +1 min endurance is op)

i could also reroll my boots for elder endurance on kill but i reaaaaallly rather not.. unless... what do you think about the taunt totem mod on elder boots, is it just a meme? or could it actually be worth it(only concern atm is consistently not dying in uber elder, and not getting 1 shot by 10 aura rares even with vaal molten granite in monolith when i'm greedy), it'll be a few exalts but if it means not losing %, then sure.

tree is here: https://pastebin.com/E12S39xz
Your tree changes don't make much of a difference, you lose a tiny bit of damage by going that way, but you gain some attribute points.

Gear is fine, too. The damage craft is like 2% DPS in PoB. An endurance charge is 4% phys reduction and 4% allres. I wouldn't really say the endurance craft is op, but it's probably the better pick. You're fine is you go with either.

Do you mean Decoy Totem? It's good map and league bosses, Shaper and Elder are actually immune to taunt. In monoliths you probably won't be able to use it - it dies too fast and the taunt range is rather limited.

"
MightyLlama wrote:
Hey Shepuuurd,

thanks for your reply to my prior question.

By now I am at the point in your progression guide (if you look at my character: I already have a ring with assassins mark and -mana cost as well as a mark of the elder ring in the stash, just have to get lvl80 first) where I want to replace my tabula rasa with Kaoms heart, but to do so I first need a 5-linked weapon.

Now my question is: After I was lucky enough to find another ex, my budget right now is about 1 ex and ~75c. Since the Kaom's costs round about 1ex, I guess I can't really craft a 5 linked weapon yet, correct? Should I still go for the Kaom's and instead of the crafted 5 link buy a 5-link Unique until I can afford to craft?

Thanks in advance once again for your input!
Looks like you already got the Kaom's. :p
The reason I suggest the weapon before the Kaom's is because if you get a Kaom's you'll likely have to go from a 6L chest to a 5L weapon, losing a lot of damage in the process.
Builds and Guides:
Hey SHEPUUURD!

just wanna say, Im loving the build so far! Ive done pretty much everything apart from uber elder (working on getting him spawned atm) (managed to kill uber elder for the first time ever! used 4 portals to do so)

ive used alot of parts from your build and some from the old build i was playing and it seem to be working fine atm, just wanna know if/or there is any upgrade i could do with my build?

My PoB:- https://pastebin.com/kb2eFzKP or my profile is public.

My timeless jewel is giving me,
90% melee crit chance
10% fortify effect
20% melee dmg
(thats why ive pathed into the points at the bottom of the tree)
Last edited by Binkyyy on Jul 14, 2019, 1:18:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info