Question regarding Strength of Blood

"
Hughs wrote:

Ok, i will test this when i have time, 31% less damage taken should be noticeable during the gameplay. I will use Vaal Pact to double the maximum leech rate, and i will check in maps without reductions to life recovery. Also, two more questions:

Does this "less damage taken" is the same as "reduced damage taken" or it works different? (For example, The Wise Oak gives you reduced damage taken).

And, does this "less damage taken" only applies while you are leeching? Thanks a lot for the info!

Less damage taken is different from Reduced damage taken.
Let's say something hits you for 100 damage, and you have 20% Reduced damage taken and 10% Less damage taken.
The 100 is reduced by 20%, taking it down to 80 damage, then the Less damage kick in further reducing it by 8 (10% of 80).
Reduced damage is additive whereas Less damage is multiplicative.

The less damage only applies while Leeching and it's based on how much you're leeching.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

The less damage only applies while Leeching and it's based on how much you're leeching.

Does this mean the keystone only works while i am not on full life? I know that unless you got slayer leech, all leech instances are discarded when you reach full life, i was hoping the new keystone would bypass this.

Edit: ALso does "Increased life recovery rate" (for example from Chieftain's "Tasalio, Cleansing Water") affect the bonus the new Keystone provides?
Last edited by xxWolf on Jun 24, 2019, 1:04:23 PM
"

I wonder how does this work with Legacy Acuity's?
Last edited by Drilon on Jul 2, 2019, 8:03:10 PM
Have another bump for questions still unanswered.

P.S.:- I really wish Leech wasn't such an obscure mess in this game...
"
Hughs wrote:
Ok, i will test this when i have time, 31% less damage taken should be noticeable during the gameplay. I will use Vaal Pact to double the maximum leech rate, and i will check in maps without reductions to life recovery.

What were your findings? Is the Keystone any good?
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

Any way we could get some clarification on this? Are the leech instances that aren't recovering life removed when you're at full life? Meaning you would need a way to prevent leech effects from being removed at full life to benefit from the less damage taken while you're on full life? Or is the less damage just based on your total maximum recovery you would be receiving from leech?
Bumping due to unanwered questions and I'd also like to add my own question:

The wording in the keystone seems to imply that it's only percentage based. Therefore, does it matter how much life you have, or just your life leech cap? For instance, if you are Low Life or CI, but without Ghost Reaver, does the keystone still work?
How are you supposed to leech life if this gets rid of your life leech? I am also extremely confused by this even after reading this entire thread..

You're saying we have to be leeching life to get the damage reduction but according to the rune it's not possible to.

How do we maintain hp if we are not leeching?

It should honestly use the total life leech recovery per second modifier % stat as well otherwise this seems like a useless passive and makes the jewel useless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info