[3.9+] DZ's Pillar of the Caged God (Awakener Viable)

Sirus Level 4 and 8 Deathless
Current High-Tier Gear

Overview
Build Type : Melee
Viability : Awakener A8
Gameplay : Easy
Gearing : Easy
Playable At Level : 13
Class Variant : More than 3

Weapon
Minimum item level for corruption is 70.
Increased Attack Speed or Increased Area of Effect are the best corruptions.

Helmet
Deidbell is essential for a smooth leveling experience.
Transition to Devoto's Devotion on level 67.
Only use Abyssus if you can handle it.

Body Armour
Farrul's Fur is the best you can get.
Use Loreweave if you are unable to get Farrul's Fur.

Gloves
Prioritize Added Physical Damage, Strength and any 1 Resist.
For those using Farrul's Fur, ensure that the glove has a free suffix slot to craft Aspect of the Cat.

Boots
Prioritize Movement Speed, Strength and any 2 Resist.

Amulet
Level with Karui Ward.
Upgrade it to Karui Charge or Astramentis.
Transition into a rare with at least 80 Strength and Added Physical Damage.

Rings
Level with Praxis.
Transition into a rare Steel Ring with at least 43 Strength, Added Physical Damage and at least 3 Resists on Both rings combined.
You will need to craft "-3 to Mana cost of Channeling Skills" on both.
So make sure they have an empty Prefix.
For players with legacy rings, only 1 "-7 to Mana Cost" is enough.

Belt
Level with Meginord's Girdle.
Transition into Ryslatha's Coil when you can afford it.
Only use Darkness Enthroned if you are a legacy player.

Jewels
Critical Strike Multiplier, Attack Speed, Strength.
Lethal Pride must have at least "5% Increased Strength" and "+20 Strength".

Gem Setup
Body Armour / Weapon :

Gloves with Aspect :

Boots :

Helmet :
Take note that ONLY Precision is linked to Blood Magic.

Leveling
Level 01 : Pick up Rusted Sword.
Level 02 : Equip Frostblades. Link Chance to Bleed Support to it.
Level 04 : Equip Blood and Sand. Link Ancestral Call Support to FrostBlades.
Level 05 : Equip Karui Ward.
Level 08 : Equip Meginord's Girdle.
Level 10 : Equip Leap Slam. Equip Precision.
Level 13 : Equip Pillar.
Level 16 : Equip Flesh and Stone. Link Maim to it.
Level 18 : Link Faster Attacks Support to FrostBlades and Leap Slam.
Level 19 : Help Alira.
Level 20 : Equip Astramentis.
Level 22 : Equip Praxis.
Level 24 : Equip Dread Banner.
Level 28 : Equip Cyclone. Link Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, Chance to Bleed.
Level 31 : Swap Chance to Bleed for Fortify. Link Blood Magic to Precision & Leap Slam.
Level 32 : Equip Pride.
Level 33 : Equip Deidbell.
Level 35 : Ascend to Slayer. Allocate Headsman.
Level 55 : Ascend. Allocate Overwhelm.
Level 64 : Equip Loreweave.
Level 65 : Equip Rare Amulet if able.
Level 68 : Ascend. Allocate Endless Hunger.
Level 69 : Equip Farrul's Fur if able.
Level 75 : Ascend. Allocate Brutal Fervour.
Level 80 : Equip Steel Rings.

Passive Tree
Level 07 : Art of the Gladiator
Level 11 : Master of the Arena
Level 19 : Constitution
Level 25 : Scion Melee Damage and Strength
Level 30 : Bloodless
Level 35 : Utmost Might
Level 40 : Barbarism
Level 48 : Devotion
Level 55 : Blunt Trauma
Level 60 : Ophidian Aim
Level 68 : Warrior's Blood
Level 70 : Serpent Stance
Level 75 : Swift Skewering
Level 80 : Forceful Skewering
Level 85 : Disemboweling
Level 90 : Dismembering

BASAKA WA DARE NI MO MAKENAI SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TSUYOI DAKARA!

Read Me
Q: What do I need to do to get comparable DPS?
A: Item modifiers are as follows by importance, first being the most important:

1. Highest Tier Flat Physical Damage
2. Strength (At least +43 Strength)
3. High Tier Resistance (At least 38% each)
4. Movement Speed (At least 25%)
5. Life is optional (1000 Str = 500HP = Free Kaom's Heart)

Q: How do you combat resistance issues?
A: Purity of Elements. And take the Marauder/Scion resistance nodes.

Q: Why not use rare Stygian Vise?
A: If you are planning to use Rare Stygians, use Meginord's Girdle instead. Only use Darkness Enthroned for belt slots when you have insane abyss jewels. Belts below are ranked according to effectiveness.

1. Darkness Enthroned
2. String of Servitude (60% Pride Effectiveness)
3. Ryslatha's Coil
4. Meginord's Girdle

Q: Would you run Champion instead if you were playing on HC?
A: I will suggest Gladiator, Juggernaut, Slayer in order for most preferred for HC.

Q: No Alberon's Warpath?
A: As a Cyclone user, you will want more movement speed. If you are not using cyclone, Alberon's will be better. But resist will be tighter to manage.

Q: Is that Pure Talent gem actually any good?
A: Its useful for the initial stages for your attribute requirements gems. Since it is a unique, you can corrupt it.

Q: What do you think about Meginord's Vice over your gloves? Are spiked only better in this case since you're running Cat Aspect and Farrul's Fur?
A: I will always suggest a rare glove. Spiked preferred. Vice is good for leveling. But you may use Slitherpinch, for the Dexterity and Leech. Even if you do not run Cat, gloves like mine, minus the Cat skill is almost top tier. You could try using special essences to get the 16% more speed for socketed gems, Leap Slam will benefit in this case.

Q: Good 4th flask if you don't want to use two life flasks? Guessing just Lion's Roar or something.
A: Use it if you have it.

Q: You didn't cover gems much in your guide. The ones in your pillar are pretty interesting, but I don't quite understand the point of frost wall, and having two guard gems (Steelskin + Immortal Call, thought they didn't stack). You also have a rogue less duration gem sitting in your gloves, is that doing anything?

A: Okay, this is probably the point in the build where it has to be most detailed.

- The pillar gems are freestyle, for my testing, I wanted to find most comfortable cwdt setup for porcupines. And thank you for pointing out IC and SS are Guard Skills. I will change them. Frost wall blocks projectiles, helps a good load.

- The less duration gem, this is supported to the Cat Skill, as Farruls Fur, gives +2seconds duration to the cycling buffs, this means i will have a downtime of 2 seconds for my charges. Less Duration reduces the cycle time to 7 seconds. Which is enough to keep the charges up permanantly as they last 10 seconds.

Thank you, please leave your experiences with the build.
Hope you enjoy my pillar build.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Last edited by DeathzStalkerz on Jan 22, 2021, 7:22:26 PM
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2020, 12:35:34 PM
impale(104more dmg) and soul of steel (+1max res) must have. Farrul's Fur too high price, iron fortress more real.
"
seether wrote:
impale(104more dmg) and soul of steel (+1max res) must have. Farrul's Fur too high price, iron fortress more real.

I would suggest skipping iron fortress all together. A good alternative would be loreweave.

And yes, i did mention impale, but havent updated the tree in the POB yet. Will do in a minute.
Build:
So, i'm currently playing with your build(a very funny one first build that actually reached me to endgame), and I'm not in the situation to buy a Farrul Furr(left me 8 exalts,curently using a loreweave) so then i would ask you a good option to generate faster frenzy/power charges, since it's a bit hard to generate them without having the Farrul.
Also isn't a more viable option to use herald of purity instead of pride, like i said before i don't have farrul to put aspect of the cat without mana reservation, and aspect of the cat + loreweave + herald of purity are scaling more faster in DPS than pride + the pride belt.
Also there are so nice two-handed melee damage nodes near the Master of the Arena Node, maybe those are also god to take instead of some extra jewel socket.
Thanks for this amazing build.
"
So, i'm currently playing with your build(a very funny one first build that actually reached me to endgame), and I'm not in the situation to buy a Farrul Furr(left me 8 exalts,curently using a loreweave) so then i would ask you a good option to generate faster frenzy/power charges, since it's a bit hard to generate them without having the Farrul.
Also isn't a more viable option to use herald of purity instead of pride, like i said before i don't have farrul to put aspect of the cat without mana reservation, and aspect of the cat + loreweave + herald of purity are scaling more faster in DPS than pride + the pride belt.
Also there are so nice two-handed melee damage nodes near the Master of the Arena Node, maybe those are also god to take instead of some extra jewel socket.
Thanks for this amazing build.

Hi, I would like to stress that a farrul is not required to run the build.

For frenzy, you are able to use bloodrage. It is okay to drop power charges if you can afford it. A good loreweaves will almost even out the dmg output from farruls.

The nodes for Two-handed weapons at the duelist area are okay to take early. But jewels are worth much more due to having able to get str/crit/attack speed/life.

Hope you have fun with the build. :)
Build:
Finally a league and a build worthy of bringing my character NicholasCaged out of retirement.
What about this version:
https://pastebin.com/yFSeV9pn

Max res +1, more life/phys DR and nearly the same damage. Just have to fix the resists.

Note: I've added life notes in your PoB to get to 117 points.
Last edited by foojin on Jul 6, 2019, 5:18:19 AM
Build Updated @3.9+
Build:
Came upon your guide.

i will try it out brother.

Has a Gladiator, cuz i play HC...

Which Pantheon and AScendacy should we get?

Thanks, cant wait to start it.

Well details guide.
Will the dps on a juggy be enough for Sirus 8 with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info