Lacerate

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Dec 8, 2023, 9:05:19 PM
Glad, 88. tried with standard gem supports; brutality, melee phys, maim, fortify, impale, chance to bleed, pulverize etc.
alongside blood and sand, pride and dread banner.
lacerate feels great, been slicing through content no problem.
Once the fix comes in which allows you to keep up charges (challenger, frenzy, endurance) on the legion mobs and the bleed explosion once they have spawned, i'm sure the skill will feel fantastic.
still feels good now, even without those changes.
amazing work!
With the melee rework, I was wondering if weapon range had any effect on Lacerate or is AOE only a thing on this skill ?

Anyways, the skill feels a bit slow but pretty good overhaul !
can the effects for blood lacerate be brightened up?
most of the time i cant see it, the dark red is way to dark, i dont know how long my range is when i switch to it for bossing, maybe add some bright red accents to it or something.

compare that to sand lacerate which is bright and very clear, it also looks way cooler, probably because its actually visible...
Since the old Lacerate thread got locked, I'll just echo my thoughts here:

"
I hate that the default Lacerate is now releases those ugly, reddish shockwaves instead... Why can't we keep Lacerate, or any skill affected by Blood and Sand, doing their original animation by default?

Just let us have the previous version of these skills by default, and have them change only when using Blood and Sand, please...

Also why keep three Lacerate threads in this section? Just remove the other two locked ones, because they're just pointless.
"
Doyzord wrote:
can the effects for blood lacerate be brightened up?
most of the time i cant see it, the dark red is way to dark, i dont know how long my range is when i switch to it for bossing, maybe add some bright red accents to it or something.

Agreed. The functionality of the new Lacerate has been pretty satisfying on my bleed Gladiator level 83 right now, especially with new Multistrike, but when using Blood Lacerate in dark areas it literally looks like my character is just gesticulating wildly in the air and monsters are dying from nothing, lol.

Hope these threads still get read even though they are not Angry Reddit Threads :>
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Playing a bleed gladiator lacerator in blight league. Currently level 93. This is an excellent skill for bleed builds. Hits twice and that gets tripled with multistrike for 6 hits in total i believe.

Setup:
Spoiler

Pro:

High damage and decent coverage
Hits twice (good for stacking bleed with crimson dance keystone)
Good for dealing bleeding damage
Blood stance by default (no stance skills needed)

Con:

Rather high mana cost (Isn't a problem since it attacks slowly)
Slow attack speed (60% of base)
Has only one alternate skill effect

I give this skill a 4/5 rating.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 21, 2019, 9:55:29 AM
I'm a level 97 Gladiator playing bleed EQ and switching to lacerate when I want different game play. The skill itself is sluggish and doesn't hit that hard. The bleeds are satisfying but at the end of the day, EQ is just superior for bleeds. I really like this skill, but with that awful attack speed multiplier, along with the mediocre multipliers, the skill use feels clunky and does not pay off unless I skip out on defenses and go for more attack speed. I'm not a fan of the double slashes and would prefer an Izaro style slash animation for lacerate. I do really like it's interactions with blood and sand/flesh and stone. The skill in that sense feels very unique and I really enjoy that aspect. Overall the skill itself is 1 of my favorite melee skills with how interactive it is but the underwhelming attack speed really takes away from the game play. It would be amazing if the skill was faster or hit harder with 1 attack as opposed to having a double slash to scale bleeds better. When I was using lacerate in my set up, I was using a level 1 Maim chest, Lacerate, Deadly ailments, Chance to bleed, Melee physical damage, Fortify, Brutality. I killed every boss besides Uber Elder with my set up(been focused on grinding and not on Zana's quest lines) I really like the skill but abstain from it due to clunky game play currently. It's a solid 3.5/5 for me.

Got to level 98. Did uber elder with lacerate and it really feels like crap. I cancel my animations pretty much every lacerate because you have to move around so much. The speed was another issue as well. EQ was just so much more superior especially when you factor in Vaal EQ. I am changing my rating down to a 2.5/5 due to the fact that you just feel gimped doing end game content and you can't be that sluggish. The ability to cancel the lacerate animation is amazing but the fact that you are constantly canceling the lacerate slashes (during uber elder) also shows that the double slash lock down isn't that beneficial for end game content.
Last edited by sumyounguy on Oct 14, 2019, 6:41:53 PM
I got a lacerate gladiator to level 95 in Legion League, and enjoyed it very much. I used a one-handed axe and a shield. The shield, axe, and bleed nodes on the passive tree are well placed, and I didn't feel like I had to travel all over the place to get to nodes that I wanted.

I would play it again, however... The character used crimson dance, which allows me to apply eight bleed stacks. I noticed that the full animation (two swipes) of lacerate would only apply one stack. In tougher boss fights, I would animation cancel out of the skill after it had done the first slash, and then repeat the attack. This one slash/cancel/repeat method could stack bleed faster than if I used the skill as intended.
Level 89 Glad

The skill has a lot of trouble when leveling due to the slow attack speed. It feels great in late game when you can get more attack speed and scale your damage properly.

The solution for melee I believe is to add the attack speed as an attribute on the gem that slows down as it levels.

For example:

Level 1: 100% of base attack speed
Level 20: 60% of base attack speed

This will balance the skill gems out and I could even level with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info