Pride

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 15, 2022, 10:46:29 AM
Is there any visual indication of the AOE or when enemies are being affected by this skill? I currently have no idea if I'm actually within range when using it. The gem itself gives extra radius per level, but only says 'nearby' as the base, which can vary between half the screen and melee range depending on the source.

Does the stacking effectiveness reset when going out of range? i.e. does it take the full 4 seconds to get back to full strength, or does it decay so that going out of range for half a second isn't penalized? Particularly important for bosses that teleport.

Overall this aura is a huge benefit to pure phys and bleed builds, and fills a gap that was previously missing. I'm using it with a shield throw bleed character, hence my concerns with the range.
The Pride gem description says:"Casts an aura that increases the physical damage that nearby enemies take."
But the gem text lower down says"Nearby Enemies take at least (15–19)% more Physical Damage,"

It's exactly "increase" or "more" ?
I always thought "increased d taken" already uses the final result of the dealer's damage calculation, because from monster's perspective that one is the base of the damage - could be wrong there, though.

Anyway, I also miss a visual indicator for the affected monsters. and/ or the aura's range.

Talking about visuals: you really need to offer a rainbow visual if you choose to call an aura "Pride"
Pride doesn't seems affected by increased aura effect from tree!
Does the Elegant Hubris Notable: (Supreme Ego) effect Pride in any way? In general, I'm not sure if Aura Effectiveness on You affects Pride in any way.
I'm using it with a pure phys summoner build that I've tweaked but is mostly this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2108003

I think visualization is much needed, including visualizing when it's ramped up to full strength. Like a small faint circle at first but gets larger and more visible as 4 seconds pass and it's full strength.

I need to decide if I need to invest in charisma (+50% aura radius) and I just have no clue whether or not I need it or when the skill is effective.

Or even just in the monster description, like when you have combustion on them and it says "vulnerable to fire damage."
How much aoe radius does the Pride aura have? I cant find this info in pob, wiki, poedb, google or reddit. It's easy to find out this about all other auras in the game, but there is nothing about Pride, and as a summoner who plans to make a pure physical skeleton build, this is very important to know and plan ahead. Is it similar to hatred and wrath or it has a different radius? Thanks in advance!
IGN: EduCaraDura
"
educaradura wrote:
How much aoe radius does the Pride aura have? [...]

I just posted this exact question to the POE subreddit. No answer yet.

What we do know is that the gem gain +1 unit radius every 2 levels. Alas the base radius is not specified. Plus, as others have stated, the visualization is really lacking which does not help.
"
theonepos wrote:
"
educaradura wrote:
How much aoe radius does the Pride aura have? [...]

I just posted this exact question to the POE subreddit. No answer yet.

What we do know is that the gem gain +1 unit radius every 2 levels. Alas the base radius is not specified. Plus, as others have stated, the visualization is really lacking which does not help.

I found that the radius of a level 20 pride, is just a little bit more than a Vulnerability level 20 + Blasphemy level 20. I tested on standard, activating both on act 1, found a cliff with enemies in the other side, stood at the exact distance where i could see the pride "glow" happen on the enemies in the other side of the cliff, and if i get just a tiny bit closer i see the vulnerability curse appear on their heads as well. It's not as big as a war banner but its big enough to be usefull on a pure physical damage skeleton build like i wanted, using these 2 auras + curse blasphemy, i can stay at a somewhat safe distance and debuff enemies making take more damage from my skeletons it's working very well.
IGN: EduCaraDura

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info