Path of Exile: Legion - What We're Working On

Thanks for the info. I really like this league, but with all the bugs and DC it kinda destroys the league "start-feeling", and got to start over so many times so I kinda didn't wanna play anymore for the time. But I know your working on it and you GGG is the best when it comes to info to us fans. So I hope you can fix the problems!

One really annoying thing is that I can't open chest, doors, objects on the fly, I need to push the button a few times to work, it's slow the game down and the flow.

Kind Regards,

Lullig
Got myself a RAID!

PoE 4.0.0, HYPED!
Client crashes caused by Wild Strike not on the list? Feels bad that only 0.4% of players play that skill. I cant play the game anymore.
"
We've seen a few players request that we increase the visibility of Legion icons over monsters, generals and chests as well as adding them to the minimap. One of our earlier iterations of the Legion league included symbols for monsters, chests and generals on the minimap. During playtesting, we found that it felt really bad, as people would spend most of their time looking at the minimap rather than focusing on the combat in front of them.

Definitely agree with this decision. The effect of the legions popping in is amazing and the mad dash through the frozen battle looking for Legion icons is very fun. Putting them on the mini map would pretty much invalidate the point of having the phase.

ED+Contagion invalidating the point of the phase is a separate issue and will likely end up as this league's WO, where everyone has one.
the problem people are complaining about for mini-map icons on monsters during legion is most likely from non-essence drain or frost nova builds is because the rest of the builds spend time trying to seek out the monsters with rewards instead of 1 button exploding the whole league mechanic

There are only 2 solutions to this.

Nerf builds that have broken interaction with legion

add minimap icons once legion is triggered so other builds can be somewhat competitive.....

this is glaring obivious and unsure how GGG doesnt see this.
IGN Suck
"
drasch21 wrote:
the problem people are complaining about for mini-map icons on monsters during legion is most likely from non-essence drain or frost nova builds is because the rest of the builds spend time trying to seek out the monsters with rewards instead of 1 button exploding the whole league mechanic

add minimap icons once legion is triggered so other builds can be somewhat competitive.....

No thanks. We already look way too much on the minimap/overlay map. Actually having to look for rewards in the game is much better and should be rewarded. Current system is the best one. Noones forcing you to play any (bad) build so pls reconsider asking for nerfs or changing obviously good mechanics into something worse.
Last edited by Walltrigger on Jun 11, 2019, 3:55:26 PM
Why Relentless Fury Decorative Axe dont have a model when equipped?
When I try to cast stone golem on my left mouse click, the mana is consumed but the golem never appears. It's something I've done for many leagues (as opposed to move only) to save space on the super-crowded hot bar.

Golem casts correctly when I switch weapon slots and use a different key, which is the work-around I've been forced to use.
You also working on the attack-cancel bug?

Anyways, do you really think that no map icons is the best way to go? It just makes the legions more frustrating. ED can clear the whole screen without looking, so they dont care, but melee or builds that cant really do that and have to zoom around to find the things they want are just kicked in the face. I had it happen SO OFTEN that I just killed some useless box-mobs and then in the last 3 seconds found the general, some div card monsters or currency monsters. I couldnt kill them ofc and just got frustrated. ED meanwhile can kill them all.
"
Walltrigger wrote:
"
drasch21 wrote:

No thanks. We already look way too much on the minimap/overlay map. Actually having to look for rewards in the game is much better and should be rewarded. Current system is the best one. Noones forcing you to play any (bad) build so pls reconsider asking for nerfs or changing obviously good mechanics into something worse.

They want a diverse ecosystem of builds. Thats why they nerf op skills. And now they introduce a mechanic that heavily favors ED and shits on everyone else. Its just not logical.

One think that I could reccomend is maybe showing arrows or something similar on your character, as a compromise. They could point towards rewards, so you at least know WHERE to look, but still have to look at the game.
"
Simondererste wrote:
Thanks for your work 3.7 is soo nice!

My take on this:
"
We've seen a few players request that we increase the visibility of Legion icons over monsters, generals and chests

Please remove arrows and other debri flying in the air for the legion encounters. they look great but are my biggest concern when looking for legion symbols. I get distracted by them too much and already start running in the direction until i recognize it's only frozen war material in the air.

Or add really fucking bright beams of light so you cant miss anything.
But remove arrows in any case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info