[3.7UPDATED] Sidefx Rage Blades! - Berserker Frostblades - Great League Starter!

"
So ya...

I've switched to Blitz and will take Aspect of carnage when I do uber. Also, using Berserk as a CD to pop on tough stuff /bosses.

IMO, this switch is the icing on the cake. The base build so to speak is good. This is retarded good. Stronger, and faster. I haven't heavily compared the two versions, but I believe you can still reach 6k HP. Blitz variant means much MUCH faster attacks, even more insane faster attacks when berserk, and huge damage reduction.

It is pretty passive point starved and you need to path differently to put a higher priority on crit nodes /sword crit nodes, while viewing a couple attack speed nodes as less important.

This has been one of my funner experiences with the game since closed beta, and I'm glad to be actively conversing with the OP him self and joined my first guild lol

Anyways, hope my thoughts help. Either way, Right of Ruin, or Blitz Berserker Frost Blades is fun fun. One of my first builds was one I followed by SFX, can't remember what it was :P

Nice gonna look forward for the insights thx for the additional help
Sidefx I know your secret.
Shame on you !
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
"
Oh! also...looking at other Berserkers I'm seeing some tuning to be had!

Blitz instead of Right of Ruin.

That's...A LOT of attack speed. And no more degen, making Bloodrage a no hassle+ no brainer, rendering a Marble amulet no longer practically necessarry in end game with Blood rage AND Rage degen killing you.

Also, 6th support= Rage, and you blow rage on Berserk.

Now...this is just how they are doing it. But, I'm only seeing more damage here, with no down side.
Thoughts?

Edit: ....looks like it might mean upwards of 1k less hp though. Now I'm tossed up.

yea min max tuning will take place when we are all more geared /higher lvs. To go Blitz we would lose out 2% leech or 40% more damage. because we want rage still.

Thanks for the build, I took the core as my league starter, making changes now that I've played a bit. I really like your approach to leveling trees, it makes it much easier to start out with.

I also don't think that Pain Reaver is that great, especially using the end game gear, the difference between grabbing that and the 0.4% life / mana leech node you path past is basically the bonus leech rate after taking a savage hit because you're hitting the leech cap.

Similar to DamageIncorporated, I'm aiming for a more crit focused tree at level 95; the tree change all started from trying to get Soul of Steel for the additional res. It drops a little life and some block chance, but gains a significant increase in damage. Here's the paste bin using the end game gear:
https://pastebin.com/Fmfi6MMQ
Blitz / Aspect of Carnage / Rite of Ruin all have somewhat similar damage once they are running, though I'd probably drop Blitz if I don't end up worried about Aspect of Carnage getting me killed.

I'd love to see any improvements on this, the pathing this league is a fair bit more challenging compared to the last few leagues where it was effectively solved.
Carnage is increased damage taken, not more. It's not to be ignored. it does impact your damage intake...but it's not a big deal. having about 40% up time on Berserk ( level 20 is like 27% LESS danmage taken) makes up for it, and you can pop Steel Skin on CD.

"
MrGrandjojo wrote:
Sidefx I know your secret.
Shame on you !

OH YEA!? then what is it! It's Super good tbh ;)
Thanks a bunch for the guide Sidefx!

I watched and followed along with you on your stream on launch day. I am enjoying the build and tweaking it as I go. For those that are interested in a variant of this build, just go to my profile and look at my character.

I got really tired of the spiky damage legion rares so I opted for a relatively heavy investment into defense via fortify. In usual fashion for me, I got tooltip greedy and decided to slap on an Abyssus. The 31% fortify reduction paired with a basalt mitigates the Abyssus. Luckily, the 31% fortify also reduces elemental damage as well. In all, I am still tweaking things and making it my own.

There is huge improvements to gear still to go, like getting a Taste of Hate. I am currently using Precision and Hatred as auras, and I would like to fit HoI back in. Getting accuracy on gear is something I am working on, even though Precision is super juicy.

Some ideas that I am currently pondering;
Using a Magna Eclipsis for the +2 to socketed gems (auras), as well as a free 2k elemental damage buffer.

Rare elder/shaper shield with either 15% reduced mana reservation (for possibly 3x auras Hatred/HoI/Precision). Or a 5% reduced phys shield to further mitigate abyssus.

Possibly swapping the Abyssus for a rare, and crafting steel rings. While they are the endgame ring of choice, it would be nice to have the phys mitigation go towards active damage and not Abyssus.

Thanks again for the build, I'll keep updating my progress as I go so we can bounce ideas off each other.
I think Legion yellows are just plain dangerous regardless of ascendancy or build. Pop CD's, dont stand still.
In my case, I got Berserk, Fortify, Basalt and Steel Skin to pop.

Precision, a little accuracy, and sword /accuracy nodes is a option, but Remember, the game checks twice for accuracy; once for hitting and again for critting. Lycoside is totally worth the slot, being unable to miss is huge.

Also, don't underestimate the power of attack speed. 4% chance to blind may as well be almost 100% chance when you're attacking umteen times per second.
Which brings me back to Blitz instead of Rite of Ruin. ROR just isn't worth it, and the build goes from amazing to insane bonkers with 40% MORE attack speed.

More thoughts from me, I'm talking to my self more than anything, but maybe someone agrees or finds it helpful
"
I think Legion yellows are just plain dangerous regardless of ascendancy or build. Pop CD's, dont stand still.
In my case, I got Berserk, Fortify, Basalt and Steel Skin to pop.

Precision, a little accuracy, and sword /accuracy nodes is a option, but Remember, the game checks twice for accuracy; once for hitting and again for critting. Lycoside is totally worth the slot, being unable to miss is huge.

Also, don't underestimate the power of attack speed. 4% chance to blind may as well be almost 100% chance when you're attacking umteen times per second.
Which brings me back to Blitz instead of Rite of Ruin. ROR just isn't worth it, and the build goes from amazing to insane bonkers with 40% MORE attack speed.

More thoughts from me, I'm talking to my self more than anything, but maybe someone agrees or finds it helpful

I for one appreciate the feedback. Lycosidae would get me off of Precision as well as negating the need for accuracy. It's just going to kill my HP a little, which is already relatively low. Also needing to play musical chairs with resistances again. I wasn't sure what to do with my uber ascendancy points. I see you went AoC. I am hesitant to do that because of Abyssus, but I may try it out.
IMO, screw Abyssus. To me it's a Jugg hat and only a Jugg hat. too glass cannon-ee for me. And this build doesn't "need" it.

My struggle is planning ahead for Kaoms boots. Not gonna happen till way late game it looks like. Need LOTS of resists everywhere it can roll, and my

MUST roll similar, except with 35+ cold resist. And need a tri resist stygian belt.

Oh well, something to shoot for.

edit for update: 660k shaper dps, with Diamond flask up.
Getting there.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 10, 2019, 5:53:30 PM
I can understand that.

I get into a nasty habit of being a tooltip junkie. A rare helmet would cover removing my rare shield and switching to Lycosidae. Now that I am home from work, I'll play around and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info