Code of Conduct Changes - Do better at least for optics

"
We are actively working on removing the other threads or posts that breach our Code of Conduct as I type, and a number have been removed already.

The thread in question has such a large number of posts and participation, we have decided to leave that one locked for a short period so there is no confusion over its disappearance when it is deleted.

Oh, you must be be talking about the 822 page rant on president trump.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
OtherHero wrote:
My concern is the wording of the new rule as it ambiguous.
"Discuss inflammatory topics, such as Politics or Religion"
Inflammatory topics isn't only defined as politics or religion by this rule only examples of such. Meaning it could lead to deletions of posts if the reader determines the topic to be inflammatory.

It's basically a rule that almost every company with the freedom to chat or speak incorporates, so they can put their, "We don't like the shit you've posted so we're taking it down rule."
You could even start an inflammatory post regarding the game and they could still choose to remove it. Just look at the development manifesto. That's inflammatory and enraging as hell.
When you can't handle the heat, the best thing to do is close the kitchen.

As this is a gaming site, I can sympathize with GGG's decision. Depending on where SCOTUS and the EU go in terms of rulings and laws, GGG may just have to close Off Topic completely to stay within the laws of where they do business.

The code of conduct will have to specify whether walrus tossing is inflammatory.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
It will also be interesting to see which topics they pick and choose to delete or warn people about in chat. There are a whole lot of things people talk about that ultimately fall under the Politics umbrella.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
I love GGG.

And Papa.
Last edited by GUENWHYEVER on Jun 4, 2019, 11:05:36 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

When you can't handle the heat, the best thing to do is close the kitchen.

As this is a gaming site, I can sympathize with GGG's decision. Depending on where SCOTUS and the EU go in terms of rulings and laws, GGG may just have to close Off Topic completely to stay within the laws of where they do business.

The code of conduct will have to specify whether walrus tossing is inflammatory.

While I agree GGG has every right to regulate what is said on their forums I think the rules should be clear on issues. This rule seems knee-jerk to a recent Trump thread and the wording of it leads to ambiguous territory. In defense of GGG they did issue 4 warnings in that post to follow the previously stated rules. The people who broke the rules already laid out should be held accountable for doing so, but to prevent all future political or religious discussion because people can't behave themselves is a little extreme. I would be fine if the rule just said no religion or politic talk because that is not ambiguous and this is a video game.
This latest development seriously limits my options. :D
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
GGG may just have to close Off Topic completely

Don't pretend for a second this hasn't been seriously discussed. Anet did it for Guild Wars 2 ages ago, and it solved a bunch of their problems. We no longer live in an age where gaming fora even need an off topic section. We have reddit for that. There's a subreddit for everything now, and ironically most of the things we discuss here have nicer, more cordial subreddits than PoE's.

I'd miss having a catch-all for discussing casual things like games, music, and books, but I wouldn't blame TencentGGG for shutting this board down. They've nothing to gain keeping it open and it'd free up some moderation resources best used elsewhere.

I'd be all for closing it at this point. Once you start arbitrarily policing free thought and open discussion of common topics rather than individual behavior, it's pretty much all downhill from there. There are simply way too many things that could be considered "inflammatory", especially by a moderator just having a rough day already.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

I'd be all for closing it at this point. Once you start arbitrarily policing free thought and open discussion of common topics rather than individual behavior, it's pretty much all downhill from there. There are simply way too many things that could be considered "inflammatory", especially by a moderator just having a rough day already.

Maybe, they want to do it gradually. I can see the reasons for that.

Also, that other thread got closed pretty fast, lol.
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info