Code of Conduct Changes - Do better at least for optics

While I can respect the fact that GGG has the authority to control and set whatever boundaries they would like on their forums, I would prefer them to at least do it in a professional manner.

With the code of conduct update, exactly 1 thread has been locked and set up for apparent deletion. A number of other threads seemingly violate this "new" policy as well on the first page alone.

Surely GGG isnt playing politics with their Code of Conduct...right? Right?

Edit: Well..better now I guess. We will see how it goes, but damn what a hard turn to make out of nowhere. Money talks, bullshit walks.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 4, 2019, 10:32:20 PM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2019, 1:54:28 AM
They'd be really hard-pressed to convince me that this rule change isn't coming from Tencent in some way.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
They'd be really hard-pressed to convince me that this rule change isn't coming from Tencent in some way.

If you dont think I have some spicy Winnie the Pooh threads ready to test that theory, you would be mistaken. In a respectful, non-political, non-inflammatory way of course.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 4, 2019, 10:35:33 PM
We are actively working on removing the other threads or posts that breach our Code of Conduct as I type, and a number have been removed already.

The thread in question has such a large number of posts and participation, we have decided to leave that one locked for a short period so there is no confusion over its disappearance when it is deleted.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
I just think it's hilarious that this happens around the anniversary of a certain event which won't be named. Sure, it could be a coincidence, but...
My concern is the wording of the new rule as it ambiguous.
"Discuss inflammatory topics, such as Politics or Religion"
Inflammatory topics isn't only defined as politics or religion by this rule only examples of such. Meaning it could lead to deletions of posts if the reader determines the topic to be inflammatory.
"
OtherHero wrote:
Inflammatory topics isn't only defined as politics or religion by this rule only examples of such. Meaning it could lead to deletions of posts if the reader determines the topic to be inflammatory.

Yep, it's one of those rules where they can just arbitrarily remove anything they deem "inflammatory". They just happened to single out Politics and Religion in particular.

It's their forums though, so they can do what they want anyway.
Be warned: you are not allowed to even mention the day that must not be mentioned.

Anything can be considered inflammatory to a certain mindset.
Censored.
"
OtherHero wrote:

It's pretty clear to me.

If GGG (or any one of the their "partners") deem something inflammatory it gets nuked.

It's a win for...well...I don't know who.
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 4, 2019, 10:36:00 PM
Extremely disappointed in the policy change. I was thinking about maybe jumping back into actually playing PoE again (I have a PS4), but not anymore.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info