[3.10] Brittleknee's Scourge Arrow Trickster - All Content! Delirium Ready!

"
Spottednoble wrote:
Thanks for the advice, Brittleknee! I'm assuming that the ideal crafting base is still going to be an Imperial Bow? ilv80 seems to be the minimum to hit the T1 flat cold + cold pen Redeemer Prefix. My question is, do we want to hit that T1 #% increased physical damage mod for this build or just stick to flat cold and #% increased elemental damage with attack skills? In which case, the minimum ilevel for crafting would have to be 83 in order to hit the physical damage mod.

I'm farming T13-16 maps now, and I'm feeling like now is the time to upgrade out of Death's Opus. I was also thinking about taking Rain of Arrows out of my gem setup. A couple T15 Phys Refl maps forced me to use only Scourge Arrow, and I'm finding that it works perfectly fine for clearing. It's a tiny bit slower, which honestly just means I die less from stupidly running towards rippy packs. Is your "End-Game Gem Setup" still relevant? I was thinking about re-purposing my 5L chest with Enlighten-Hatred-Herald of Ice-Precision-Vaal Grace.

Thanks again!

I'm not 100% without actually putting it into PoB/Fork but with the reduced Phys scaling, it is likely better to stick with the flat elemental damage.

Imperial, Multi or Thicket is fine. I tend to lean towards Imperial.

If you use Enlighten you can ramp up the precision and even take a few accuracy nodes back from the tree based on gear... or you can link Onslaught to HoI for comfy mapping.

Useful Mods:

Redeemer: Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate (13–15)% Cold Resistance
Redeemer: Adds (23–32) to (48–55) Cold Damage/Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate (5–7)% Cold Resistance
Delve: Socketed Skills deal 20% more Attack Damage
Delve: (80–94)% increased Elemental Damage
Delve: Damage Penetrates (12–15)% Cold Resistance
Normal: Adds (96–126) to (190–218) Cold Damage
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Thanks Brittle! I feel like people are really sleeping on this build! I'm loving it! I thought I'd use it as my league starter, but I'm jsut having so much fun with it. I took your advice and made this bow:

Now I am working on corrupting Hyrri's Demises for that sweet +1 arrow corruption. I am actually slowly profiting off flipping the Bites into Corrupted Demises. The occasional Point Blank or other juicy corruption makes up for the bricked Quivers.

After that I just need to go grind or buy the +1 pod helm enchant, and the build will be more or less complete! At level 96, I'll be able to allocate skill points for another jewel socket. At that point, I'll look into purchasing a Watcher's Eye. But I find the build handles T16 maps just fine. I always run them with 120+ IIQ, kill map bosses, and kill the metamorphs. I kill atlas bosses as well, at Awakening Level 4 (though I haven't done Sirus yet) and the new Shaper.

I made this monstrosity after slamming frigid fossils for two days. I'm really sad I didn't hit either the % increased elemental dmg or the crit multi Warlord affixes. I'm too afraid to exalt slam it, so I'm just gonna try again on a new base.

Crafted those, thoughts?
Plug your character into PoB and see which bow is better. I have a feeling that the second bow is better. I would keep serrated/frigid spamming your first bow if I were you!

Knowing what I know now about how the Conqueror's Exalted orbs work, it seems like the best way to go about initially crafting a fresh bow is to do Serrated + Frigid spam on a 6L Imperial Bow with no influence. Then you keep rolling until you get your desired T1 mods. Make sure the bow has 1 open prefix and 0 open suffixes. Then just pray you don't get frenzy charge or gain % physical as extra cold damage when you slam it. This comes out to be much cheaper than buying the Redeemer base outright, and you don't have to worry about hitting your desired serrated/frigid mods alongside the desired redeemer mod. This removes some of the RNG from the crafting and I think it will save you on fossils in the long run. If you don't succeed, you can always continue to fossil spam as normal, but at least you didn't pay as much for the redeemer base!

Using this method, it didn't take me too long to craft this helmet. It's not the best, but I have bases I can continue to fossil spam if I ever feel like it.

Last edited by Spottednoble on Jan 1, 2020, 1:03:40 PM
I just put that crafting method to the test once again. I don't know if I had to block the suffixes or if I could have just crafted "suffixes cannot be changed" before slamming, but it worked out for me. Just made my dream bow. Only downside is I hit T2 redeemer cold dmg/pen, but the rest are t1 or crafted.

I spent a lot less currency than I would have buying the redeemer base and then fossil spamming. I understand now why that Awakener Orb exploit had to be patched. This is pretty easy and satisfying to do.

Hey, I am currently leveling a character with this build and liking it so far. I have a question regarding Cold Snap in a cwdt setup, what is its purpose?
It gives another opportunity to gain frenzy charges when it activates. You don't have to use it, but I find it nice to have both it and its Vaal version accessible for clearing Metamorphs and map mobs faster. In harder fights, you will not always be able to stand and channel Scourge Arrow long enough to maintain your Frenzy Charges through the Trickster ascendancy.

I've gotten frustrated with not being able to kill A8 Sirus reliably without dying and accidentally bricking my fight (the low hp really doesn't hold up well to the storm degen), so I've shelved this character until either the Sirus fight or the metamorph freeze bug get patched. I've joined the mindless horde of strength-stacking, CI necromancers.

That being said, I absolutely adore playing this character. I will probably make it my league starter again next league.
Hi, I just started a character modeled after this guide. I was wondering how you think this build compares to thedeathbeam's? I have a lvl 94 SA Pathfinder using Darkscorn and Divine Flesh modeled after that guide. I'm pretty pleased with the survivability and damage. Do you think the damage here is better? I'm definitely intrigued by the MoM defense concept and the curse on hit frenzy stuff.

One particular concern I have is with flask uptime. Do you have issues maintaining Coralito's charges during Sirus fights and other fights with no adds?
"
axiomatiks wrote:
Hi, I just started a character modeled after this guide. I was wondering how you think this build compares to thedeathbeam's? I have a lvl 94 SA Pathfinder using Darkscorn and Divine Flesh modeled after that guide. I'm pretty pleased with the survivability and damage. Do you think the damage here is better? I'm definitely intrigued by the MoM defense concept and the curse on hit frenzy stuff.

One particular concern I have is with flask uptime. Do you have issues maintaining Coralito's charges during Sirus fights and other fights with no adds?

I believe you wanted to ask it there. Looking at examples, I think damage can overlap in a quite broad range depending on the chosen variant and your items. I guess the overall experience would be similar, but the details may be decisive in picking the preferred one. Flask uptime can be concerning, that's why Perfect Agony is allocated anyway. Let's don't continue here though :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info