[3.7] [Starter] Bow-Slayer || Barrage & TS/LA/ || 3M+ Shaper DPS || 5.3k Life [WiP]

"
Aegon_6th wrote:
Hey, thanks a lot for posting your build!

I'm a new player and have been using this build for my first ever character. I am currently on act 4 and have noticed that I'm running into some issues with survivability and damage. I got stomped by Izaros on my 2 attempts that I tried yesterday as well.

I'm currently level 44 and have linked my skill tree and skills that I'm currently using below:

https://pastebin.com/D9Pd7SWS

I guess i'm just wondering--what should I be prioritizing on my skill tree right now? I'm assuming it's getting as much life as possible, but was wondering if you had any additional suggestions. I'm sure that I've messed a few things up so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

No shit you're feeling squishy :) you're very low on life nodes and have focused too much on the damage nodes.

Also you're doing a scion build, which is usually not recommended as a starter build because they are notoriously bad at leveling until you can fix your tree. That 14 nodes you've picked up to get to the Duelist starting area, you could have used for defensive nodes.

Your pastebin doesn't show us what gear you have, but in the skills section it seems like you have Rain of Arrows, Hatred, Decoy Totem and Shrapnel Shot all in the same link... if so, that's a big mistake.

Make a proper pastebin for us to judge from.
Sure thing, I'll post a proper PoB link
Last edited by Aegon_6th on Jun 14, 2019, 11:08:21 PM
"
LUXEdeJUNK wrote:
"
Void_xy wrote:
"
GameTasticc wrote:
Any reason for using Projectile weakness over assassin's mark if you're crit? Minimum 3 power charges give like 10% more crit and that only requires changing curse setup.

I prefer projectiles weakness due to the pierce. It makes clearing maps more efficient. We don't have any pierce through skilltree. Best would be to change to assassin's Mark in bossfights, since u're right about the dps boost.

btw... how do you proc curses on boss fights? HoI only applies it on shatters, ie when the boss is dead.. or am I missing something?

Honestly i did not know it applies with shatter :D
"
LUXEdeJUNK wrote:
"
Aegon_6th wrote:
Hey, thanks a lot for posting your build!

I'm a new player and have been using this build for my first ever character. I am currently on act 4 and have noticed that I'm running into some issues with survivability and damage. I got stomped by Izaros on my 2 attempts that I tried yesterday as well.

I'm currently level 44 and have linked my skill tree and skills that I'm currently using below:

https://pastebin.com/D9Pd7SWS

I guess i'm just wondering--what should I be prioritizing on my skill tree right now? I'm assuming it's getting as much life as possible, but was wondering if you had any additional suggestions. I'm sure that I've messed a few things up so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

No shit you're feeling squishy :) you're very low on life nodes and have focused too much on the damage nodes.

Also you're doing a scion build, which is usually not recommended as a starter build because they are notoriously bad at leveling until you can fix your tree. That 14 nodes you've picked up to get to the Duelist starting area, you could have used for defensive nodes.

Your pastebin doesn't show us what gear you have, but in the skills section it seems like you have Rain of Arrows, Hatred, Decoy Totem and Shrapnel Shot all in the same link... if so, that's a big mistake.

Make a proper pastebin for us to judge from.

Oh yeah I posted a completely wrong build. Still very new with Path of Building and I've updated my build to reflect what I actually chose and added my gear as accurately as I could.

I'm using rain of arrows with mirage archer support as my main.

Hatred and decoy totem are on my helmet.

I've basically just been spamming RoA with hatred going and if I'm about to die i'll place a decoy totem.

I have 7 passive respect points and another 6 or 7 orbs of regret that I could use.

Here is the updated build:

https://pastebin.com/DQzPWDD2
"
Aegon_6th wrote:

Oh yeah I posted a completely wrong build. Still very new with Path of Building and I've updated my build to reflect what I actually chose and added my gear as accurately as I could.

I'm using rain of arrows with mirage archer support as my main.

Hatred and decoy totem are on my helmet.

I've basically just been spamming RoA with hatred going and if I'm about to die i'll place a decoy totem.

I have 7 passive respect points and another 6 or 7 orbs of regret that I could use.

Here is the updated build:

https://pastebin.com/DQzPWDD2

I'm not entirely sure if this is the real pastebin as well.. I've tried importing your character through POB but your character is set to hidden, so that was not possible.. if this pastebin is EXACTLY like your character I can see why you are struggling.

1. Skills

Your Rain of Arrows are only on a 2L (2 links). At your level you should have minimum 3L if not 4L, and preferably even a 5L (although they are more rare to drop). With a 4L Rain of arrows with mirrage archer, added cold damage (lvl 10) and Elemental Damage with Attacks (lvl 9), you would deal twice the damage you do now. Add 20-30% more damage with a 5L.

You have a single Projectile Weakness that's not cast by anything (it's also lvl 20 which you should not be able to wear).

While leveling an attack skill and a movement skill is usually enough, but you can get fancy with Cast on Damage Done etc, but I wouldn't recommend it until you are more familiar with the game.

2. Equipment

While blue items are not the worst thing in the world, I would recommend getting at least 2 affixes (ie mods) on your equipment. Focus on life and resist. Don't bother with damage affixes before you get to endgame. A dead character deals no damage.

3. Tree

The tree looks okay now. You can still get a bit of life here and there, and you should get minimum 150% life from the tree in your endgame build. When leveling don't follow the guide blindly. Instead ask yourself.. am I feeling squishy.. if so put points in defensive stats. If not, go for damage ones.

I still think the pastebin is wrong, but at least you a bit of a guideline now.
What pantheon would you recommend using? Using Lunaris and Tukohama but not sure whats best to use for mapping. Thank you
If u can update it for endgame, how to maximize your equipment will be nice. I`m currenlty on lvl 89 and i have already whole items from your build and i`m feeling squishy and can`t do endgame content. here`s my pob https://pastebin.com/8RPpkAee
So I've played this Build for a while now and had quite some fun with it.
Here's what I'd do different:
In my opinion, replace the Mirage Archer with a Pierce Support. I played both setups for quite a while and the added pierce just makes normal mapping feel so much smoother. You might lose a lot of theoretical DPS, but more often than not you'll only need one shot instead of 2 or 3, making your clearspeed much faster.

Bonus:
Large quantities of Enemies paired with resisting elemental damage feels like absolute hell (incursions!).
Just swap out your Signal Fire for a Drillneck in this case, again you might lose some theoretical DPS, but you'll easily clear 2-3 times as fast by just swapping that one item real quick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info