im about to kill myself trying to find how to craft the staff

i went through 30pages before but couldn't remember where i saw the post

can you please help
"
Sunnnnny wrote:
im about to kill myself trying to find how to craft the staff

i went through 30pages before but couldn't remember where i saw the post

can you please help

Oh, i think it was around page 10. But I also had it in main post for a while and then removed it when I switched main staff to Disintegrator what is actually more DPS. But if you want CwC staff without degen, its actually comparable DPS on low amount of shaped/elder items. So here is the guide I wrote I grabbed from post edit history:

"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Best way to craft the staff I plan to use is to use ilvl 80+ Shaped Eclipse Staff. Then, use Aetheric, Corroded and Metallic fossils until you get both Cast While Channeling and Socketed skills deal 20% more spell damage (you can also add Jagged fossil for more consistent results).

Now, try to isolate those. If you got only these 2 as prefix, you are golden, just craft Prefixes cannot be changed, scour and multimod. If you got also Increased spell damage/Mana or +1 level to socketed gems prefix, its probably keep as well, it will not be perfect, but its still awesome, and cheaper to go from here rather than redoing.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 14, 2019, 2:10:05 AM
"
randoom wrote:
I'm running HoI + HoA + Hatred + Discipline with no problem, I have like 100 mana left but it's more than enough

I was wrong, I just recalled I'm not using HoA, not enough mana, I'm using HoI because i like the explosions.
POB was indicating negative mana and I thought it was a bug /facepalm

Hello,

You talk about « 1050ES on hit » in the pros / cons but I dont find how you can get this. What Am I missing here?
Switched now to disintegrator with 2 siph charges.

Have to say this phys dmg degen -300 (with only 2 shaaper/elder items)is really annoying? this is in 4 seconds, - 1200, like a 5 th of whole ES.
And if you dont leech and maybe move a lot with cyclone, frostblink etc you have this degen while not leeching anything

- It would be negated with consecreated ground, but I dont think consecreated ground is effective in this build, because u are moving a lot with cyclone and you dont stand still.

Anyone has an idea how to get rid of this degen effect except using 6 skil points or so for % life reg. ?
"
Nekikool wrote:
Hello,

You talk about « 1050ES on hit » in the pros / cons but I dont find how you can get this. What Am I missing here?

That is when you get it, from Ghost Shrouds

EDIT: Changed the wording in main post to clarify
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 14, 2019, 4:48:40 AM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Grizone wrote:
Patch clearly broke something, got like 70% less tooltip damage. Not sure about real one, gonna test later.

I think it was just visual bug with Light of Lunaris giving like 500-600 crit multi that they patched last patch.

Nope, shield version really does much less damage now. Barely did Uber today. Thinking about going staff version just to get better dps now...
So I have been playing with Rippling Thoughts for a while (finishing yellow maps actually), and I really like it. Will probably not push with this to UElder, but It's probably more than Shaper capable.

The neat trick is that if you have Cyclone on right click, Move on left click, you can keep right click down all the time, and just make a small left click when you want the wave to trigger (or the Void Gaze if you have Eber's Unification). This will make a micro-interruption in Cyclone, so you will actually "attack" again.

The wave of Rippling Thoughts is actually a nice addition to clear speed/comfort, as it scales quite well with our BV damage, and can one shot white packs from a distance if aimed well.

I'm think my next upgrades will be:
- Taste of Hate
- Better gloves (crappy ES)
- Either a Watcher's Eye or a nicely self-crafted chest, if I manage to find how to do it properly
- Assassin's mark ring / Conversion amy
- Then I'll buy a cheap Disintegrator just to try, but I'm quite sure I'll hate the degenerate
- Then I'll go about crafting a nice staff

"
Grizone wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Grizone wrote:
Patch clearly broke something, got like 70% less tooltip damage. Not sure about real one, gonna test later.

I think it was just visual bug with Light of Lunaris giving like 500-600 crit multi that they patched last patch.

Nope, shield version really does much less damage now. Barely did Uber today. Thinking about going staff version just to get better dps now...

So the Syndicate members melting was just a Light of Lunaris bug ? :-(
The degeneration from the Staff is awful. I have 3 siphoning charges and i'm regularly ruining at 1/4 of my ES which is very risky and i regularly die.

Also I still fill very squishy even with 5200ES. I have 2 ex and i wander how to improve this build ? Please check and advise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info