[3.6] Earthquake Tidebreaker Jugg

Introduction
I've been waiting to make a build around the Tidebreaker mace ever since the buff a patch or two ago. I finally got around to doing it, and the result is a really fun and tanky character that actually feels pretty good with a slower attacking two hander. This build really takes endurance charge value to the next level and tries to maximize the benefits you get from stacking them.

Here is the video guide, which starts by showing a run through a T16 Chimera map.

Also added an Uber Elder kill video. Not the smoothest kill I've done, but it's deathless nonetheless.

Is this build for you?
This build has solid AOE clear, respectable single target damage, and is fairly mobile. There's also a ton of utility with this build, consistent stunlocks on enemies, ignoring freeze/chill/temp chains, good movement speed for a left side of the tree character, bleed immunity, etc. The video guide linked above shows you the build in action so you can see if the playstyle is one you might enjoy.

Spoiler
Archetype: Melee but AOE ground targeting instead of namelock.

Mobility: Fairly high movement speed is your primary means of getting around. Leap slam and consecrated path are used for re-positioning.

AOE clear: Exceptional pack clear for a melee AOE skill. Vaal earthquake means you can clear a couple screens worth of enemies by running through them, and because of the endurance charge bonuses that we get, you get quite a bit of increased area of effect as well.

Single target damage: One of my weaker builds in this regard, but comfortable enough that I've killed Uber Elder several times deathless. The bleed damage does a surprising amount of damage during down times when you're unable to attack.

Hardcore viability/tankiness: I would definitely call this build HC viable. The HP pool is a little low, but there's room to stack more, and room for gear improvement as well. Also, this character has mitigation against all types of damage, so it is surprisingly tanky with a slightly lower HP pool than you generally see in HC.

Ease of play: This build is fairly straightforward, but you do need to pay attention to your Vaal skill soul counts to maximize clear and single target effectiveness. There are also War Banner stacks to be aware of, but overall it plays pretty smoothly.

Gear
This section of my video guide goes through my gear choices and discusses other gearing options.

Spoiler

Skill Rollout
For a bit more detailed discussion of the gem setup, check out this section of my video guide.

Spoiler
Vaal earthquake
Less duration
Brutality
Melee physical damage
Maim
Ruthless

Vaal ancestral warchief
Vengeance
Brutality
Melee physical damage
Maim
Ruthless

Leap slam
Consecrated path
Fortify
Faster attacks

Determination
War banner
Increased duration
Enlighten

Blood rage
Cast when damage taken
Increased duration
Flex spot

Leveling
This section of my video guide describes passive tree routing during the leveling process.

Spoiler
Ascendancy order
Unstoppable
Unflinching
Unrelenting
Unyielding

Early passive tree priorities
Resolute technique
Elemental resistances
Max endurance charges
Bleed chance

Take 2 passive points for bandit quest

Major Pantheon: Soul of Arakaali
Minor Pantheon: Soul of Gruthkul, Abberath, or Shakari

Passive Skill Tree/PoB
For a more detailed look at my choices on the passive tree, check out this section of my video guide.

Spoiler
Passive tree on official site

POB pastebin - https://pastebin.com/fFBj5yin

Please, if you have any further questions or comments let me know; I would love some feedback. I hope this guide format makes it easy to get the information you want without having to go through a bunch of information that doesn't interest you. You can also find me streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/cowpimp to maybe see the build in action and ask me questions live. Cheers!

Check out my other guides here:
List of forum guides
Last edited by cowpimp on Jul 26, 2019, 5:03:04 PM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2019, 6:17:28 PM
Hey mate, why the Gluttony in your gear section?
If it's explained in your video, add something to the guide please.
I really don't like watching build videos lol. Takes way more time than just reading them for me.
"
NameMerken wrote:
Hey mate, why the Gluttony in your gear section?
If it's explained in your video, add something to the guide please.
I really don't like watching build videos lol. Takes way more time than just reading them for me.

Gluttony is just there to build endurance charges for Elder Guardians/Uber Elder/etc. You throw the belt on and leap slam a few times to trigger the Jugg endurance charge generation before the fight then switch back.
amigo voce vai att para 3.7
Hi,

i tried a similiar build. But i dont get nearly your damage (still not 20/20 gem etc but even if i simulate them) i am only at 1/16 of your damage... what could i do better?

https://pastebin.com/ntzLwsAM

Greetings :)
"
Kranor42 wrote:
Hi,

i tried a similiar build. But i dont get nearly your damage (still not 20/20 gem etc but even if i simulate them) i am only at 1/16 of your damage... what could i do better?

How would you feel about me taking your PoB and making a video where I go through and offer some advice? I could go through the PoB tomorrow morning and give some suggestions. I should be able to post the PoB the same day.

I had a suggestion posted by another user in response to the latest bit of content I posted asking for a more applied version of the "lecture" I gave on scaling damage. By the way, I highly recommend you check out the video linked here. It's over an hour long, but could prove really useful.

If you would rather I not do that, then I can still come on tomorrow morning and spend some time going through the PoB and give my advice. I just don't want to post something you submitted without your permission.

Cheers!
Thanks for the build. Gonna be trying it out. Was looking forward to strong EQ build, and yours even can take down UE.

Btw, are there any significant changes in 3.7? Or are they already in POB?
"
Thanks for the build. Gonna be trying it out. Was looking forward to strong EQ build, and yours even can take down UE.

There are potentially a ton of significant changes! I have not updated the PoB for 3.7, as right now I'm trying other builds out. I could make some theoretical updates, but PoB itself is in such an incomplete state right now that it would feel weird to make them without the ability to theorycraft or do real world testing properly.
"
cowpimp wrote:
"
Kranor42 wrote:
Hi,

How would you feel about me taking your PoB and making a video where I go through and offer some advice? I could go through the PoB tomorrow morning and give some suggestions. I should be able to post the PoB the same day.

I had a suggestion posted by another user in response to the latest bit of content I posted asking for a more applied version of the "lecture" I gave on scaling damage. By the way, I highly recommend you check out the video linked here. It's over an hour long, but could prove really useful.

If you would rather I not do that, then I can still come on tomorrow morning and spend some time going through the PoB and give my advice. I just don't want to post something you submitted without your permission.

Cheers!

That would be very nice :-)
Of course you can use it!
So it is possible to improve this on a makeable way? :-)
"
cowpimp wrote:
"

There are potentially a ton of significant changes! I have not updated the PoB for 3.7, as right now I'm trying other builds out. I could make some theoretical updates, but PoB itself is in such an incomplete state right now that it would feel weird to make them without the ability to theorycraft or do real world testing properly.

I see. Thanks for the replay. Gonna be looking forward to the updates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info