After playing 1 hour:
Don't believe the Hype!
Last edited by bruts on May 17, 2019, 9:15:36 AM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
As promised here:

again.. I'm forced to play to windows mode because your game design AKA constantly alt tabbing, going full screen is pointless here.. obviously something is fishy here..

another one:

it keeps increasing when I'm browsing poe trade looking for items.. so again.. isnt this a memory leak?

well not according to the reply from GGG that you already got since the client will try to use as much memory it can as cache.....

No u stop to answer to any of replies on forums as they are useless far beyond.

Why do you think that nonsense will contribute in resolution of issue? It will not, so please do not reply if you do not have anything which can contribute.

well I don't have any memory problem with the 64 bit PoE stand-alone client and sometimes have it open without restart for like 8 hours, so I agree with the reply from GGG.

You still haven't proven anything in any of your post. The only thing being pasted into these post are screen shots of how much memory the client uses.

I don't care if you agree or not and neither does GGG.
You say there is a memory leak, GGG says that it's normal behavior because of cache build up so please prove them wrong or shut up.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on May 17, 2019, 3:54:15 PM
You guys do know what the problem is, right? You need at least 64 mg of RAM to play PoE.

Actually surprised one of the GGG brains didn't come here and say that.

Oh, wait. Forgot. They only support consoles.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
You guys do know what the problem is, right? You need at least 64 mg of RAM to play PoE.

Actually surprised one of the GGG brains didn't come here and say that.

Oh, wait. Forgot. They only support consoles.

he he good one. :)

Sorry forgot to say that I have 16GB of ram in my pc and running windows'10.
"
Xystre wrote:
As promised here:

again.. I'm forced to play to windows mode because your game design AKA constantly alt tabbing, going full screen is pointless here.. obviously something is fishy here..

another one:

it keeps increasing when I'm browsing poe trade looking for items.. so again.. isnt this a memory leak?

Can you tell us your system specs, windows version and total memory ?

On my side, the game never goes above 4GB and i have 16GB of RAM on windows 10, DX11 fullscreen windowed mode.

I don't know how much RAM you have, but some games allocate cache in proportion to the available memory (so if you have 32GB, the game would use more cache than a guy having 16GB)
Last edited by MrVaad on May 18, 2019, 5:53:43 AM
Good point there @MrVaad
poor me, I only have 8gb of ram and hdd with flash drive using as memory, ram is always gets to 100%.

I think the problem is when u visit new maps loading new mobs etc, everything stays in memory and never gets unloaded, as for staying in town theres always new ppl coming to town and those art gets loaded too.

another note is that common mistake developers do nowadays is thinking that garbage collector will clean it up, but it doesn't, as a result the memory gets hoged up, it would be much more efficient if those maps that are already closed should be cleaned from memory manualy and reloaded if user wants to reenter the same map, or at least keep few maps loaded for grinding purposes, that way the game wouldn't need to use disk cache at all, except for towns and hideouts which is used frequently.
Last edited by Waras on May 22, 2019, 7:02:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info