[3.6] The Accunaut / Juggernaut - Spectral Throw - Crit - Lots of Accuracy

"
diablomix wrote:
Interesting build. I haven't played ST in years. Have all the MTX for it and want to try it again.

How do you think this build will perform as a Flashback starter?

I haven't tryed as a starter yet but i may do it for 3.7 if i see interesting changes that would affect it. Most of the key uniques for the build are pretty common and unused so they should drop price quick at the start of the league, the exeption being the Obscurantis as it only drops from Chimera so that one may be hard to get.

To tell the truth, i would not start a league as any attack build as they are right now, spells are just so more cheap and efficient to lvl.
"
gianluktb wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:
Interesting build. I haven't played ST in years. Have all the MTX for it and want to try it again.

How do you think this build will perform as a Flashback starter?

I haven't tryed as a starter yet but i may do it for 3.7 if i see interesting changes that would affect it. Most of the key uniques for the build are pretty common and unused so they should drop price quick at the start of the league, the exeption being the Obscurantis as it only drops from Chimera so that one may be hard to get.

To tell the truth, i would not start a league as any attack build as they are right now, spells are just so more cheap and efficient to lvl.

I started this Flashback event with this build. Leveling was mediocre until I got a 4L but after that it was smooth sailing.

You can use the Recipe "Magic/Rare Rustic Sash+Any weapon+Whetstone" and get a blue weapon with %Phys on it. So just upgrade to new tiers as you level with that and you keep your damage relevant.

Currently still in a 4L and I instaphase Atziri. That should tell you the strength of this build once you have the key items. Those items are also all 1c pretty much because Attack builds are out of meta.

You can do this from level 12 when you get the skill all the way into end game. Easy mode. (I am using shattering steel btw, not spectral throw)
Hi dude, I like the look of this build as Attacking fast is one of my favourite things in any game - Do you think this build could work if you take out anything for projectile and swap in Reave for your attack skill?
"
Trespeon wrote:

I started this Flashback event with this build. Leveling was mediocre until I got a 4L but after that it was smooth sailing.

You can use the Recipe "Magic/Rare Rustic Sash+Any weapon+Whetstone" and get a blue weapon with %Phys on it. So just upgrade to new tiers as you level with that and you keep your damage relevant.

Currently still in a 4L and I instaphase Atziri. That should tell you the strength of this build once you have the key items. Those items are also all 1c pretty much because Attack builds are out of meta.

You can do this from level 12 when you get the skill all the way into end game. Easy mode. (I am using shattering steel btw, not spectral throw)

I am glad to see you enjoied it! At first I was afraid becouse i did not know if the build damage was enough for other players expectations, so its good to know it feels good for other people too. (I am so used to try silly builds that when one of them goes right i dont know it is actually doing decent damage of it just feels good because the previous my one was trash)

"
nekushiggles wrote:
Hi dude, I like the look of this build as Attacking fast is one of my favourite things in any game - Do you think this build could work if you take out anything for projectile and swap in Reave for your attack skill?

As I said to CaptainFoo, be carefull if you decide to drop the obscurantis as a lot of the accuracy and damage comes from it. That being said if you are feeling bold you could try to replace it for something like an Abyssus or a Bringer of the Rain. Path of building shows the damage per second to be close to, if not better, that what it archives with spectral throw/shattering steel. It doesn't requiere a lot of work on the passive tree so i may try it to check the damage myself.

UPDATE: Tryed it with a tabula and abyssus on a T10 map. Damage wise seems really good even on 5l. I will still stick to the projectiles though, if just for the accuracy memes. Also, running around with a tabula and an abyssus is a bad idea, somehow managed to only die twice. God bless Juggernaut.
Last edited by gianluktb on May 17, 2019, 11:14:11 PM
Update:

Been a long time, but cleared the 4th tier lab with your guide.
I was busy playing a champion and trickster ^^
but it doesn't mean I abandoned this my throw Juggernaut.

Found a good piece of armor
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Yriel%27s_Fostering_(Rhoa)
It has all the nice options we need.
Tried buying the Rhoa or Ursa variant with good roll but
due to my limited currency I got a snake version with 5 scouring.
Firstly it looks good. Now my Jug looks like a gentleman or an explorer.

anyway this is my skilltree

https://ibb.co/mF8PrKH

Took a different approach, any opinion about it?
get Point Blank in tree, it will increase damage on short-mid distance greatly

your tree is uber defensive, almost no damage nodes taken
Last edited by Sonidox on May 20, 2019, 8:49:56 AM
"
MacawLover wrote:
Update:

Been a long time, but cleared the 4th tier lab with your guide.
I was busy playing a champion and trickster ^^
but it doesn't mean I abandoned this my throw Juggernaut.

Found a good piece of armor
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Yriel%27s_Fostering_(Rhoa)
It has all the nice options we need.
Tried buying the Rhoa or Ursa variant with good roll but
due to my limited currency I got a snake version with 5 scouring.
Firstly it looks good. Now my Jug looks like a gentleman or an explorer.

anyway this is my skilltree

https://ibb.co/mF8PrKH

Took a different approach, any opinion about it?

I will be damn, I completly forgot about Yriel's Fostering!
It not only has fitting stats, but it also looks cool as hell. I will probably not add it as a core item for the build but more of a side note as it can be expensive sometimes, using another unique will make capping resist harder and probably you can get a chest piece with one link more that a Yriel's for the same price that will do the job just fine.

I had some currency acumulated on league that was about to go waste to standard so i thought... Why not?
Spoiler

Yeah, it looks cool

About the tree... i too think is a bit overly defensive, but everyone has it owns playstyle, if it fits yours, go with it.

"
Sonidox wrote:
get Point Blank in tree, it will increase damage on short-mid distance greatly

your tree is uber defensive, almost no damage nodes taken

Point blank is not a good idea, it increases the damage on short range but it decreases the damage at long ranges, and no matter if you are using Spectral Throw or Shattering steel you probably will want to be hitting enemies on the end of your range for both.
"
gianluktb wrote:

Point blank is not a good idea, it increases the damage on short range but it decreases the damage at long ranges, and no matter if you are using Spectral Throw or Shattering steel you probably will want to be hitting enemies on the end of your range for both.

this depends on playstyle, how fast are you and how close mobs can aproach to
you

i think everyone can choose it at their own

0-35 - Point blank gives positive effect
85 - end of screen
150 - -50% damage

i personnaly still jump very close to packs and Point Blank is very usefull
Last edited by Sonidox on May 20, 2019, 3:59:42 PM
Well, i respect that. Everyone should play as they feel, and if you feel like using Point Blank then go ahead. Still, i think having point blank with Spectral Throw does nothing most of the time, if not worst. Thats becouse point blank counts the distance the projectile has traveled. That means the extra damage from spectral throw goes down from 35 units all the way to the end of the screen and back. That means you have extra damage on those initial 35 but you will be also losing damage on more than half of the skill trajectory.

BUT did some testing with Shattering Steel and i guess you could make a point about using point blank with it. In the skill says "Projectiles gain Damage as they travel farther, dealing up to 100% more Damage with Hits" so i always try to hit enemies with the zone where the projetiles shatter... but.. what is the range for that?
Spoiler
The circle for range is slightly up from the ground, because the skill shots from the chest and not from the feet

It results it is in between 30 and 45 units and from there is not longer a projetile but an area of damage. So, if you are using Shattering Steel go ahead, Point Blank should give you some circumstantial damage.

Not going to put it on the guide though. It is still a Spectral Throw guide.
Last edited by gianluktb on May 20, 2019, 10:13:14 PM
Stop being pepega. the steel skills are Bad. demonstrated by Quin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info