[3.9] Pirate's Sire of Shards Fireball Miner [Beginner/console friendly]

"
Rijndael wrote:
Guide is out!

Can you tell me more about your thought process behind the links to the mines, especially around going charged mines for fireball and minefield for pyroclast? And how does this integrate with your personal playstyle? (do you lay mines and run or keep laying mines to sustain the combo, etc)

Sure thing!

I basically never stop moving while using the fireball mines to clear, so charged mines for the extra throwing speed makes that a lot more efficient (the improvement is especially noticeable while delving).

For bosses, being able to front-load an assload of damage via minefield has (so far at least) made me able to completely skip the entire boss fight. I ran a couple Atziri's to try and get the flask, and dropping some minefield-supported pyroclast mines at the split phase was enough to burst down one of the clones and also Atziri when she respawned in the center, taking me directly to the next split phase.

I haven't made it up to Uber Atz yet, but this has a strong possibility of being the best UA farmer I've ever made. Fingers crossed XD
Nice! Time to rebuild :) I decided not to start with "placeholder" and went saboteur on my own, partially going with what I was pretty sure you would have anyway, partially using Your on-the-run hints like heading to Sanctity (which luckilly fit it into your guide, unlike Constution, but that I suspected being risky and anyway, had no point to head to so far) and partially just going "meh, respecc points will be earned questing anyway". I also kept levelling some extra gems like Pyroclast and new mine supports.

I am lv 68 and ended up with close enough result,
My prediction of taking slightly over week to reach atlas was also (less fortunately) correct :P Too much reading to be done, too many things forgotten.

I was about to ask what to do in absence of elder helmet, which will probably take me weeks to get (with number of weeks possibly greater than 12 :P), but I got hit in the face by the fact it's a non-issue. It will be a snail race between helmet and Kaom, and in the meantime, I'll have 6 slots free in the chest to put "standard" immolate / conc effect (let's be real, 5 slots :D).

As for the minefield, yeah, there's something inherently clunky about it. Freezes you in place for too long. I waste enough time being clunky myself, don't need gems to boost that :D - but the bonus to mine limit and real mine per second throw speed when you lay them in fivepacks is undisputable.

Thanks for the guide! As I said before league started, until I again know what I'm doing, I prefer to follow somebody's else path. I'll probably get back to reading soon, when meeting Jun first time. My impressions so far:
- Beasts - Einhar - too random to be a big thing, impact comparable with introducing strongboxes way ago.
- Delve - Nico - well, hadn't really given much thought to it, gathering Sulphite until the tank is full and we'll see then
- Incursion - Alva - LOVE THE IDEA. Might change mind when actually visiting the built temple, 3 incursions left :D

edit: Nope, even more fun. Though it takes a lot of time to properly rob, I mean study, this place :)
Last edited by vonzgred on Sep 13, 2019, 7:10:31 AM
So I ended up running with the ES version of this because I'm a suicidal idiot who had never made a full ES build before and didn't full appreciate how bad an idea what was going to be for my in-game wallet.

I got lucky and had a Martyr of Innocence drop at some point, so I've been keeping Pyroclast in that and just weapon swapping for single target. Works a treat; the Fireballs are hilariously good clear and the Pyroclast just deletes whatever I put them on. I am ridiculously squishy since I badly misunderstood what gearing was going to be like, but them's the breaks! It's great fun either way.
Hi,

I'm new to the game and would like to know why the elder helmet with "concentrated effect" and "immolate" priority is built into it. What spells will they support?
Do you already know how long it will take to put an entire gear for us to see? Thanks!!

Sorry for my english, I'm BR. :)
Last edited by Demoiu on Sep 13, 2019, 5:44:23 PM
"
4-Link 1: Helm and primary single-target
Pyroclast Mines--Minefield--Trap and mine Damage--Combustion. This skill will also have Concentrated Effect and Immolate from your helm.

This goes into helmet. It is Pyroclast Mine for killing bosses.
How are y'all feeling about the Machina Mitts? Running them with the ES version of this and Ghost Reaver felt pretty meh; I feel a bit more solid after getting a pair of regular ol' fingerless silks.
"
wolfkstaag wrote:
How are y'all feeling about the Machina Mitts? Running them with the ES version of this and Ghost Reaver felt pretty meh; I feel a bit more solid after getting a pair of regular ol' fingerless silks.

They look interesting, I haven't got my hands on a pair of them yet so I can't really say anything for or against. I'm also using a decent pair of fingerless silk gloves in the meantime, I'll have to test out the MM to see if the leech is worth it.

For those who have been wanting to see some footage of the build in action, I finally threw a 3.8 clip under Media.
im trying this build... so far, looks OP... leveling up gogogo
"
Demoiu wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to the game and would like to know why the elder helmet with "concentrated effect" and "immolate" priority is built into it. What spells will they support?
Do you already know how long it will take to put an entire gear for us to see? Thanks!!

Sorry for my english, I'm BR. :)

No problem! As Vonzgred replied (thanks for picking up my slack) the helm is for Pyroclast mines:

Gives you a second 6L that is perfectly suited to destroying tanky targets in a small area (bosses, syndicate, big blight clusters)
Hey bro!
could you please open characters? I don't understand how to set up 6 link in Sire of Shards as has only 3 sockets :)
Right now thinking about move from arc\lightning spire to your one build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info