[3.9] Pirate's Sire of Shards Fireball Miner [Beginner/console friendly]

How to kill fat bosses with this build?
Hey man!
Is it possible to get a version for Trap ?
"
Altartikus wrote:
Hey man!
Is it possible to get a version for Trap ?

This could absolutely be built for traps instead of mines with a minor passive tree adjustment, but you'd miss out of a lot of the AOE that makes this build so hilariously satisfying to play. But I guess you could theoretically get a lot more simultaneous fireballs, so it's really a wash on the meme-factor.

If you go that route you obviously wouldn't want a Tremor Rod as a possible single-target weapon swap; definitely a Martyr or high-end Eclipse Staff instead.

Update/edit:
Here's the passive tree I'd recommend for a Trapper setup (I'll put it in a spoiler below). The biggest concern in doing traps over mines is that you would need FIVE green sockets on your Sire of Shards:
Fireball - Trap - Fork - GMP - Trap & Mine Dmg - Multiple Traps OR Cluster Traps

...which could certainly prove to be a nightmare to pull off.

For leveling a Trap version of this, you still want to rush Clever Construction and then take Master Sapper.

Last edited by ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate on Jun 30, 2019, 3:19:24 PM
how do you detonate your mines? i looked at your gems and i didnt see any detonate mine gem. im playing on xbox.
"
drewsephus wrote:
how do you detonate your mines? i looked at your gems and i didnt see any detonate mine gem. im playing on xbox.

I honestly cannot believe I forgot to put this in the guide! I'll fix that as soon as I finish this, so thank you very much for asking.

ANYWAY: On PC, having any mines placed gives you the "detonate mines" ability without using the detonate mines gem:

On consoles, you have to equip a mine skill and then manually go into your keybinds and add the "detonate mines" ability. It won't show up at all until you have a usable skill equipped that places mines, which is certainly something that GGG needs to fix.

The primary advantage of the gem is that it is always instant, but after you have Volatile Mines the automatic version becomes instant as well. Also worth noting, if you don't like the 1-2 combo feel of placing with one button and detonating with another, I recommend linking the detonate mines gem with a spell totem.
6-link tremor rods are dirty cheap this league. What do you think about having a weapon swap to tremor rod for single target in more open areas? What links would you say would be the best there? Ice spear seems to be the common go-to but Pohx was messing around with flame surge which is not something I am familiar with. Think that would be good?
"
Optaka wrote:
6-link tremor rods are dirty cheap this league. What do you think about having a weapon swap to tremor rod for single target in more open areas? What links would you say would be the best there? Ice spear seems to be the common go-to but Pohx was messing around with flame surge which is not something I am familiar with. Think that would be good?

I have literally no experience with flame surge mines, but ice spear mines are certainly a potent option. If you're sticking with Fireball though for a single target swap, I'd use Fireball-T&MD-Minefield-Combustion-ContDest-FirePen if Tremor Rod, dropping ContDest if you're in a rare or Martyr. That'll put you up to about 82k shaper damage per fireball, which becomes 1.8M burst damage (11 mines double detonated).
Amazing build mate. Tried it. Loved it.

Most fun i had with a build in a long long time.

Love the fact that sire of shards finally reaches full potential with this build.
Wonderful build. Just wanted to ask,how do you feel about the unique helmet Curtain Call, if I lose some dps on each fireball but get 1 more mine placed, would that be beneficial overall?
Last edited by gundam0o on Jul 30, 2019, 4:10:31 PM
"
gundam0o wrote:
Wonderful build. Just wanted to ask,how do you feel about the unique helmet Curtain Call, if I lose some dps on each fireball but get 1 more mine placed, would that be beneficial overall?

Hello! The Curtain Call gives you an extra maximum mine, which takes you from 11-12 mines at my lvl 90 tree. This will give you a little more burst damage at the start of bosses etc, but I honestly don't think it's worth losing the "extra mine per use of the skill" that you get from a Shaper helm because it's a pretty substantial decrease in your damage output while mapping/clearing.

If you get one super early on you can use it until you get a proper Shaper helm though, because there really aren't any unique items that provide substantial benefits to this build and the mine arming speed certainly isn't bad.
Last edited by ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate on Jul 30, 2019, 5:27:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info