Chaos totemist, Indigon Agnostic, Soulrend and other totems, hit damage build, - in progress

I'm working on a heirophant build that only partially uses Indigon for a bit of extra spell damage, and a nice Mind over Matter with all the mana regen, but less than a pure Indigon build. I focus on a bit of crit compared to a traditional Indigon build

I will post in more detail as the build comes together so far it's working really nicely.
Did Uber lab yesterday, and it was easy, traps tickle and Izaro last 2 secs, the time for wither to reach full stacks at a guess, in each phase so the damage seems to be there :D

I use Apep's rage and can use Shimmeron Wands as well, 1-2 or a combo of both. For that extra base damage for the hit

I originally was focusing on Soulrend totems with wither on multi totem for 6-7 totems for all that life and mana regen. You put down 2 wither totems and then spam your Soulrend totems, plus despair curse

Later I tried the Rotting jewel with Blight/Vaal blight in a 4 link in place of wither totems, and that's is working well and an extra source of hinder and damage, plus the wither effect - either INC Duration or faster casting works as a 4th link to reach max wither stacks

Then tried essence drain in place of soul rend, and with chain it clears maps just fine, plus 2 extra Projectiles from Rain of splinters! :p

Seems memey but it's legit! :)

lv 14 ED already blowing through tier 3 maps with ease, and handles max packs of memories just as well as Soul rend. I swap the chain for void manipulation on bosses. Using contagion in place of the blight totem is an option, the same one-two totem drop to get out max totems.

If I need more boss punch Dark pact is a 2 gem swap. Should be good for 3 million Shaper DPS, or 4-5 million with skeles.

The hardest thing is over capping your resists for all the Soul Mantle curse....

With so many uniques, I had to resort to purity of elements and jewels. Lucky the super cheap Watchers Eye I use adds 25% mana recovery and 8% of physical taken as lightning when you use Clarity and Purity of elements :)

-----

Video of Un'ID tier 4 Port map at level 82, as I work up the atlas, I'm more of a casual player :)

https://youtu.be/2Vq1HezGeHk

Atziri, only my third time ever doing her, and almost died, but still everything dies fairly quickly :)

Level 87, level 19 gems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFszAGK_QRU

More to come
Last edited by CoolColJ on Jul 7, 2019, 11:11:00 AM
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2019, 10:41:46 AM
reserved - just in case :P
Like I anwsered you on reddit, check for my character WharrgarblCAAAAAAAAAAATS if you want. It's the exact same idea and pushed to endgame. May be you can find somes improvements to your build.

Tell me if you want me to show you the result in game, i'd be happy to share and help you here, I won't be doing a post forum for it anyway.

Also, blight totem suck (even with gloves). You'd better go for just wither totem with multiple totem to get a nice 5 & 6th support totem that greatly increased your dps on soulrend for low mana cost and free curse on you before boss.

I can share a PoB if you ask too.
Last edited by Siphot on Apr 19, 2019, 3:13:03 PM
"
Siphot wrote:
Like I anwsered you on reddit, check for my character WharrgarblCAAAAAAAAAAATS if you want. It's the exact same idea and pushed to endgame. May be you can find somes improvements to your build.

Tell me if you want me to show you the result in game, i'd be happy to share and help you here, I won't be doing a post forum for it anyway.

Also, blight totem suck (even with gloves). You'd better go for just wither totem with multiple totem to get a nice 5 & 6th support totem that greatly increased your dps on soulrend for low mana cost and free curse on you before boss.

I can share a PoB if you ask too.

This will be a hit damage and crit take, compared to the usual Soulrend DOT approach. This just allows the damage to stack with multiple totems.

I like the Blight so far, the range is worst than wither totems, but the hinder and Vaal Blight adds extra damage. I bounce between the two

Hi, I just saw your thread. I have a Scion with Totems Soulrend. It is the first build that I do by myself. If you want you can look at my profile (ScionTotemSynthesis).
Also if you see something that is not right, I accept advice. The build is not perfect, but you can not say it's finished either.
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:
Hi, I just saw your thread. I have a Scion with Totems Soulrend. It is the first build that I do by myself. If you want you can look at my profile (ScionTotemSynthesis).
Also if you see something that is not right, I accept advice. The build is not perfect, but you can not say it's finished either.

Yours is a DOT build, which I'm trying not to focus too much on as the Soulrend DOT from each totem does not stack.
So I have gone for a build that focuses on the hit damage of Soulrend/Essence drain.

There is still some decent DOT though.

Last edited by CoolColJ on Apr 20, 2019, 3:57:57 PM
"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Yours is a DOT build, which I'm trying not to focus too much on as the Soulrend DOT from each totem does not stack.
So I have gone for a build that focuses on the hit damage of Soulrend/Essence drain.

You're right Soulrend does not accumulate, I use a second soulrend without greater multiple projectiles to double the damage against bosses but I guess it still does not accumulate.
Do not you use greater multiple projects? Do you clean the maps well? Why use Brand?
For soulrend, what do you think is better over time or critical?
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

You're right Soulrend does not accumulate, I use a second soulrend without greater multiple projectiles to double the damage against bosses but I guess it still does not accumulate.
Do not you use greater multiple projects? Do you clean the maps well? Why use Brand?
For soulrend, what do you think is better over time or critical?

Only Rain of Splinters jewel for the totem to have 2 extra projectiles.
The damage loss per hit is minimal after all the spell damage Indigon adds.
I have experimented with GMP but it doesn't help that much, I found faster projectiles works better for clear.
Gets laggy in Delves with tons of mobs and projectiles :/
Essence drain with chain feels smoother

Map clear is fine as you can see in my video, but I'll post some better ones soon, as I've unlocked tier 8 maps, which are still easy and bosses die in 2-3 seconds. I do my Atlas SSF.
Maybe do an Atziri as I have 3 sets now, which is like a tier 10 map.

I have a Storm brand on CWDT and power charge on critical, so that when I get hit the storm brand gets attached to the enemy and I get power charges fast, which in turn gives me endurance charges for my immortal call.
It does no damage, just a defensive setup.
Still thinking about what else I could use there.... could even go self cast storm brand and add blind etc

or Storm brand Trap/or Trap gem + charged traps + cluster trap for power charges and frenzy charges. Then storm brand or any other spell does damage with Ancestral Bond.
Could even use Dark Pact traps :)

For self cast Soulrend, DOT is probably better.
But for totems it's not that efficient as while your clear is good, your boss damage will not stack.
But Soulrend does not have a high base damage for the hit, so I have used items like Apep's Rage to add more base damage.
Shimmeron also works even better if you get 5 power charges, but it eats away your Energy Shield unless you have some regen.

Then you lose the cast speed of Apep's Rage, which helps as Soulrend totems have slow wind up time.
I have respected a bit and tried for more cast speed, sacrificing some top end damage.
Now the build can use other skills like Flameblast to hit 10 stacks in 1 sec :)

Going the hit damage route is nice that you can swap in gems like Dark Pact for high level bosses. Which does even higher damage in this build, on paper.

Hard to say how much damage I have now, but the in game tooltip shows 115-120k peak DPS hit damage, and 50-60k DOT damage per totem, with level 19 gems and no quality, in a 5 link Soul Mantle
Off course Wither and Vaal Blight boosts this way higher

Last edited by CoolColJ on Apr 21, 2019, 11:02:26 AM
I made some changes following your advice. You can look at my profile, I would say that I have improved my dps.
There is a soulrend enchant for the helmet that has an additional projectile that may be interesting, although I use the enchantment of 40% soulrend.
Now I use soulrend + blight + wither and I am making red maps of tier12 quite easily
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:
I made some changes following your advice. You can look at my profile, I would say that I have improved my dps.
There is a soulrend enchant for the helmet that has an additional projectile that may be interesting, although I use the enchantment of 40% soulrend.
Now I use soulrend + blight + wither and I am making red maps of tier12 quite easily

yeah that enchant could work well for my build, an extra projectile with no damage penalty, but it would be hard to get one on an Indigon that I use :)

Depending on your cast speed, you may or may not reach 15 stacks of wither on your Blight in the 2 seconds with just one totem.
You can use faster casting to help or increased duration.

With the Spreading rot jewel your Blight already stacks wither, so there is no need to use wither as well, unless you just want to stack wither faster

Last edited by CoolColJ on Apr 21, 2019, 11:20:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info