Betrayal Loading Lag

Great news ^^
running the game from a cheap 120gb ssd, i only had a small stutter before the first interaction.

but i'm not totally sure about your fix to load it all with the area.

it's already difficult playing with friend of mine who runs the game from a laptop hdd: while i basically insta switch into a new area, my grace period is over when he is eventually able to start.

i always need to give him 20 seconds in advance which i often forget. but since he gets kicked to the login screen on every 10th instance change since betrayal i don't know how long this will be a problem.

looking forward to your asset loading improvements.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
GGG, you should have TESTED the stuff before implementing it.
Yeah, I think there's more to it than HDD.

Betrayal content hasn't been that bad so far, but I have an SSD and I get absolutely SLAMMED with lag when I enter the Cloister area in the Incursion temple, especially in incursions but it still happens when I'm exploring with Alva. Nothing else is ever this bad. No idea why it's that one area.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
With all those announcements I feel like GGG is still the best, Thanks for all this
It's can't solely be a disk response time issue. I thought it was too—it looks exactly like the old Beyond boss stuttering, where the engine has to search frantically through its pockets to find those missing Bameth resources. So I caved, and moved the game to an SSD. The Beyond lag is gone, but the Betrayal stuttering is only maybe 50% better.

I mean, I get it. I wouldn't want the job of reworking an in-house engine for a shipped game. But you're gonna have to do it eventually, because as it is, your renderer is writing cheques that your resource manager can't cache
"
archdukealex wrote:
But you're gonna have to do it eventually, because as it is, your renderer is writing cheques that your resource manager can't cache

I'm tired of paying the 10% fee for their mistakes...

And its not just Betrayal, happening all the time with whirling blades in fractured memories too. Lag, rubber banding, and yanked back to a pack of mobs I already was away from 2 solid seconds ago. Yay, what fun.
Last edited by Fatel_Femme on Jan 23, 2020, 2:08:57 PM
"
ELEKTROLL wrote:
"
kutux wrote:
so you are telling me that i pretty much lose an entire league because you guys decide to wait until almost 2 months to give a crap?

It didn't take them to 2 months to give a crap, it took them to 2 months to work out what the problem is. You are underestimating the amount of work that goes into detecting shit like this...

Also HDD in 2019 OMEGALUL

What about HDD in 2019? I think now you're the one who's underestimating other peoples lives. -_-
Like i said in a post before, i got an ssd and still having the same problem, the game move smoothly but Syndicate just not going well, the thing that i use to remove this crap and not getting freeze but dificult sometimes to kill them , was this simple step : Disable Dynamic resolution, and if you are a nvidia user, do this second step and run the game with direct X 9 from the nvidia Experience Setup, try that and tell me about it ! but this need to be fix :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info