Singapore server is horrendous currently

Currently spiking from 100/150ms to 500/700, and sometimes to 1300 ms. I am based in Singapore myself, and usually experience 40 or 50ms (although back then even though ms is low the singapore server is notoriously bad with lag spikes, instability, and slow loads; it is not my computer which is a high end computer with an ssd). However it is holding steady at much higher ping, and in a map, I rubber band to previous positions very frequently, and I disconnect occasionally, making even leveling an alternate character impossible.

Some say some undersea cables are affected in the south east asia region, but I do not know. For reference, I am using Singtel as an ISP.

I've had it up to here with server loads and instability, and the latest ping spikes make the game literally unplayable with the rubber banding and disconnects (the previous lags and deaths were not ideal but at least you could play).

Can GGG please advise and work on the Singapore server? Thank you.
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2021, 3:35:41 AM
There has been like 3-4 post about this the past day, still no answer and no reply
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Oh hey I guess it isn't just me then. Thanks for the confirmation; I was wondering if it was something wrong with my PC, but Diablo 3 seemed to run fine.

But yes I would greatly appreciate an update on this.
"
donovankkw wrote:
Currently spiking from 100/150ms to 500/700, and sometimes to 1300 ms. I am based in Singapore myself, and usually experience 40 or 50ms (although back then even though ms is low the singapore server is notoriously bad with lag spikes, instability, and slow loads; it is not my computer which is a high end computer with an ssd). However it is holding steady at much higher ping, and in a map, I rubber band to previous positions very frequently, and I disconnect occasionally, making even leveling an alternate character impossible.

Some say some undersea cables are affected in the south east asia region, but I do not know. For reference, I am using Singtel as an ISP.

I've had it up to here with server loads and instability, and the latest ping spikes make the game literally unplayable with the rubber banding and disconnects (the previous lags and deaths were not ideal but at least you could play).

Can GGG please advise and work on the Singapore server? Thank you.

There is ongoing maintenance work on the APG cable, scheduled to finish mid April:

Asia Pacific Gateway (APG) Submarine Cable System Under Maintenance

That could be the cause of your problems...
Doubt so. I encounter same issues as the person in the post. Only some instances theres 50ms while other hideout instances and maps have 100ping and above, occasionally some maps i play have 5ping. Most of the time having same ping issues as him from yesterday onwards (2nd April)
edit: meant to reply the guy above my reply btw
Last edited by pishuQ on Apr 3, 2019, 6:27:11 AM
Same issue on SG server. Forced to take a break until fixed.

"
pishuQ wrote:
Doubt so. I encounter same issues as the person in the post. Only some instances theres 50ms while other hideout instances and maps have 100ping and above, occasionally some maps i play have 5ping. Most of the time having same ping issues as him from yesterday onwards (2nd April)
edit: meant to reply the guy above my reply btw

If the latency between instances changes significantly, you'll need to find the end-point IP address for the bad instance and see where you're connecting to. Check the Client.txt file in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\logs

It will also show the latency. For example:

"
Connecting to instance server at 165.192.71.78:6112
Connect time to instance server was 31ms

Last edited by Kellog on Apr 3, 2019, 8:34:20 AM
I can confirm I have the same issue.
Other games, services the ping is perfectly fine.
But PoE on Singapore gateway is unplayable.
I decided to switch to California gateway for now, 180ms without lag spike is more playable than 80ms with lag spikes every 10s
Also SG based and having random lag spikes
Been having latency issues and constant stuttering during gameplay when on the Singapore server.

I hope GGG can fix the Singapore server asap because this has been going on for 2 days straight!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info