[3.7] Molten Strike Is Okay After Testing! :)

So what is the verdict in 3.7?
"
2pinki2 wrote:

I'm so so sorry to say--I DO NOT recommend playing molten strike as it stands right now. Overall damage has decreased by 33%, and your melee attack must hit the target to proc release of magma balls, which removes the previous smoothness of playing the skill entirely.

I HIGHLY recommend cleave for massive single target--I hit 10M tooltip when flasked as pathfinder. I also am enjoying immensely smite with ancestral call for clear and swapping in fortify for both single target damage and defense while bossing.

Feel free to contact me in-game or here for some discussion. Thanks for stopping by! :) Overall, this melee rework has been amazing. Just a shame that molten strike is dead for now.
Last edited by FlaskAddictAnonymous on Jun 8, 2019, 12:53:29 AM
Hi, i had some questions about gems lvl;

Why Cwdt lvl 1, it do more proc of Immortal Call and Tempest Shield but it lock them at low lvl, does more damage on Tempest Shield & more reduc damage on Immortal Call isn't worth ?
And the last one is about Clarity lvl 1, does it is engouht for mana regen ?

Thx for the build even if it got nerfed (i'am not a hard tryharder so i don't rly care about nerf if it's engouht for uberelder and somes delve 300/500)
Last edited by PGneM on Jun 10, 2019, 10:34:27 AM
"
PGneM wrote:

Why Cwdt lvl 1, it do more proc of Immortal Call and Tempest Shield but it lock them at low lvl, does more damage on Tempest Shield & more reduc damage on Immortal Call isn't worth ?

Thx for the build even if it got nerfed (i'am not a hard tryharder so i don't rly care about nerf if it's engouht for uberelder and somes delve 300/500)

Hi there, I'm so so sorry I forgot to update the CWDT set-up. When you have more than say 8K eHP, it's more optimal to use 21 20 CWDT linked to 21 20 IC, Increased Duration and Tempest Shield to take full advantage of the new IC rework less elemental and physical damage taken. Hope that answers your question!

About clarity, I'm using level 1 because I don't really need the mana regen; it's more to take advantage of the mana as ES gained mod on my Watcher's Eye.

Also, a great delving option right now is cyclone because of the massive AOE and decent damage especially if you have instaleech of some sort! :)
Last edited by FlaskAddictAnonymous on Jun 13, 2019, 5:01:32 PM
"
"
PGneM wrote:

Hi there, I'm so so sorry I forgot to update the CWDT set-up. When you have more than say 8K eHP, it's more optimal to use 21 20 CWDT linked to 21 20 IC, Increased Duration and Tempest Shield to take full advantage of the new IC rework less elemental and physical damage taken. Hope that answers your question!

About clarity, I'm using level 1 because I don't really need the mana regen; it's more to take advantage of the mana as ES gained mod on my Watcher's Eye.

Also, a great delving option right now is cyclone because of the massive AOE and decent damage especially if you have instaleech of some sort! :)

Okat thx, it's near about what i thank, i'am lvl 70 in léegion whit 3k Es so i'll stay whit the "classic" lvl gems, just i use smite for now bc like you said molten strike become hard to play in 3.7.
At my state i have somes mana probleme, so i use 0.4% mana leech on talent, what is the thing who "unlock" a gameplay whitout mana probleme ? just auras with enlighten 4 or maybe the flask whit mana leech ?
"
PGneM wrote:
"
"
PGneM wrote:

Okat thx, it's near about what i thank, i'am lvl 70 in léegion whit 3k Es so i'll stay whit the "classic" lvl gems, just i use smite for now bc like you said molten strike become hard to play in 3.7.
At my state i have somes mana probleme, so i use 0.4% mana leech on talent, what is the thing who "unlock" a gameplay whitout mana probleme ? just auras with enlighten 4 or maybe the flask whit mana leech ?

Yeah, link Ancestral Call with Smite--then you hit more targets adjacent to you since the skill already has some decent AOE. For mana issues, you have several options: (1) grab 1 mana leech node by Essence Sap or Spirit Void on the tree if you're in the area, (2) use a ring with Warlord's Mark on hit, or (3) use Blasphemy linked to Warlord's Mark if you have mana to reserve. Let me know if any of these solutions work for you? I can try to find more ideas! GL! :)
bumpage
"
[3.7] Molten Strike Is Okay After Testing! :)

"
"
2pinki2 wrote:

I'm so so sorry to say--I DO NOT recommend playing molten strike as it stands right now. ....is dead for now.

OP is bipolar confirmed?

Also why not use frostblades for clearing.
is this still viable in 3.9 / 4.0?
my mirror threads
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3062247
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181923
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929875
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929842
Last edited by kristinasebetic on Jan 9, 2020, 9:42:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info