Path of Warframe: The Quest for the Average Neck

best news ever
IGN : WalkOnTheEarth
"
"
Dragonaur wrote:
I actually find the "Path of Exile: Synthesis FAQ" announcement to be a better April Fools' joke than this, lol.
Ha! I unironically thought that FAQ was the April Fools Joke, and didn't realize it wasn't until this weird neck-thing was posted afterwards (since it was April 1st when I seen the FAQ...)

I mean, the game is undeniably in a wretched state right now (mostly performance and some balance/syndicate issues), and with Syndicate 2.0- erm, I mean "-Synthesis League" being so poorly received, with most of the community complaining about it (and syndicate lag) on every thread, I would have thought that "releasing a FAQ" a full month after launch (near April 1st) was a clear wink-wink nudge-nudge "self-aware joke" about how they need to fix things... I was like, "okay, that's pretty humble and clever I guess"... but no... it was serious.

Maybe that was the joke? Maybe? I don't know, I'm not that smart.

If you look closely at the OP by Bex (especially the chart), you'll see it subtly poking fun at some of the most common complaints about this game:

1. The game is buggy, with really poor QA.

2. The engine has really poor performance, even on high-end systems with state-of-the-art GPUs.

3. The game includes MTXs which provide significant advantages to those who are willing to pay over those who are not. (I assume this is a reference to all the anti-item-bloat tabs GGG has released.)

I find this very interesting, as it demonstrates to us that these things are indeed on GGG's radar, even though they aren't fixing them.

(There are a couple more, such as bad trade and map-sustain RNG.)

As a product manager / owner, I personally would look very hard at such issues. Spending money to improve your product will not likely lead to short-term gains (quite the opposite in fact), but it will lead to retention of long-term players, retention of new players, and encouragement for both to recruit even more players.

Sounds like a recipe for $$$ to me. But what do I know? I'm just a gamer scrub.

Seriously, though. Why would you make fun of these complaints? They are literally among the #1 factors which are hurting your business.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
voodoov wrote:
Warframe always waits with big updates till a PoE season start. Also they call their first open world iteration PoE (Plains of Idolon).

I love both games for > 5 years now, but i dont think DE is a Friend to GGG.

(even after today)

Uh...

Its Plains of Eidolon...thus PoE

Also, Eidolon means spectre/phantom... which is what the giant bosses in the plains are. Fragments of a huge enemy defeated in another era, that walk the plains.
I'd take off my tinfoil hat if I were you :)
Last edited by coAtL on Apr 2, 2019, 12:17:36 PM
Im from Argentina and i was like "WTF". Then i realized is april's fool (is 28 december for us). Had a big laugh and felt dissapointed after that.
I don't think I get it, though. Happy April 1st folks.
Weird April Fool's day trick !
Nearly got fooled. Still love your EA style poster :-)
Excuse me what the fuk
Why would anyone wanna put pants on the templar ...
"
Why would anyone wanna put pants on the templar ...

To stop the smell. To reduce it... at least...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info