[3.6] SHC Hybrid Winter Orb Trickster!

Is the choice of weave the arcane over harness the void just a quality of life choice with better mana management and easy movement skill usage?

I ask because I play with a couple of other people when I play, one will be running clarity and zealotry and one is a summoner running hatred and discipline so spamming movement skills isn't the best option for me. I've played with them since Incursion so we have coordinated movement down pretty good and usually modify any build to have increased area of effect for auras to get to overlap since none of us want to actually be an aurabot. So for my particular circumstances it seems better to go with HTV for the extra damage even though I could never afford the full blown eternity shroud option.

Thoughts?
Been trying out a bunch of Winter Orb builds this week because of the leveling event - what better time right? :P - Just started leveling this and have a small recommendation for those who want to swap to Winter Orb right away when they get it.

Instead of WO - Infus - inc dur - faster casting

Try out WO - fast cast - lesser multiple projectiles -Infus - if you roll BBBG
OR WO - Fast cast - LMP - Hypothermia if you get BBGG

LMP makes WO feel soooo much better at that level than inc duration. And both infus and Hypo provide dmg and some defensive bonuses (the freeze procs quite a bit, especially with LMP/GMP)

And on that note if you are wanting to swap to WO right away, can change your pathing slightly to use less refunds. I found I was about 30 points in when I got WO leveling at a casual pace, so skip out on the second brand cluster and head towards Potency of Will (refund first brand cluster once you get WO and you should be 1 or 2 levels from PoW)

https://pastebin.com/GCCGrqrt
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Feels much smoother this way, just my two cents from my recent WO leveling experiences during this event, thought I'd share :)
hey, i found this guide 4 days after getting back on poe again. i was following another winter orb guide but after a few days in at nearly the ending of the league i came to understand this is the best budget variation with life and dps with reasonable clear speed. this sort of thing i think is good as league starter . though i am not sure how it compares to ghazzy build in terms of dps.

but for most part i came across this by reverse searching based on this guy

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/fl0yd/Kwincy_?i=6&search=class%3DTrickster%26item%3DSolstice-Vigil%2C!Headhunter%2C!The-Eternity-Shroud%26skill%3DWinter-Orb

any advice on league starting? i would like to play this again in the next league as a league starter as this seems fun.
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
hey, i found this guide 4 days after getting back on poe again. i was following another winter orb guide but after a few days in at nearly the ending of the league i came to understand this is the best budget variation with life and dps with reasonable clear speed. this sort of thing i think is good as league starter . though i am not sure how it compares to ghazzy build in terms of dps.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/fl0yd/Kwincy_?i=6&search=class%3DTrickster%26item%3DSolstice-Vigil%2C!Headhunter%2C!The-Eternity-Shroud%26skill%3DWinter-Orb

any advice on league starting? i would like to play this again in the next league as a league starter as this seems fun.

While I'm not far enough in with the build right now to really comment on the league starter portion, I can say that ZiggyD played a very similar build to this in SSFHC, you could check out some of his vods for ideas. He moved 9 points in the Lv90 111pnts of this build, and used tweaked his skills since he was SSF and didn't have access to all the shiny uniques needed.

Also that build you're talking about from ghazzy, is actually from a dude on reddit that he tweaked a little. Few points difference and a few alternate items but overall the same thing. Price SKYROCKETED to do that ice spear build that way though so you can't really compare it to this build lol...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bacxuz/winterunleasher_guide_4ex_beats_uberelder_in/
"
SirNorek wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:

While I'm not far enough in with the build right now to really comment on the league starter portion, I can say that ZiggyD played a very similar build to this in SSFHC, you could check out some of his vods for ideas. He moved 9 points in the Lv90 111pnts of this build, and used tweaked his skills since he was SSF and didn't have access to all the shiny uniques needed.

Also that build you're talking about from ghazzy, is actually from a dude on reddit that he tweaked a little. Few points difference and a few alternate items but overall the same thing. Price SKYROCKETED to do that ice spear build that way though so you can't really compare it to this build lol...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bacxuz/winterunleasher_guide_4ex_beats_uberelder_in/

holy sheit , that looks amazing. its just been a week since i started the game again after a few years break . theres just so much stuff to ramp up on.
that looks indeed amazing . whirling blades man its the shit
Domine Non Es Dignus
Was gonna run this on HC next league for 3.7.

Looks like we gotta gamble on the WO nerf tho....
How sad, WO came out like 2 patches ago and i still havnt tried it...

Mabey we will get luck and the nerf isnt so bad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info